Remove Map And Mode Voting

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Map and Mode Voting in Quick Play (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove map and mode voting?

1. Yes (18 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. No (15 votes [44.12%])

Percentage of vote: 44.12%

3. N/A (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Give players flexibility after map and mode is known?

1. Allow players to completely change mechs. (so much for team tonnage balancing) (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Allow players to change variant, but not mech. (You'd need multiple same-model mechs for this) (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

3. Allow players to select one of their pre-made builds which would also include camo. (PGI would need to implement a simple build menu system) (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

4. No, no flexibility. (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

5. N/A (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

The map selection system needs a total re-work.

They should make the map and mode completely random, and give players the chance to change mech variant or select from a menu of mech builds after the map and mode is known.

That way the team tonnage doesn't change, but the player can still have flexibility to adjust to the upcoming battle.

This way it would be more true to the Battlemech world. Mechs are transported to battle in a dropship, so you can't change mech en route. But in the dropship you could re-fit and even re-camo your mech in preparation for the battle ahead. Makers sense within the story.

Plus it would completely eliminate the whole map-mode vote issue. Since when in war do the soldiers get to vote where they fight a battle?!

#2 EXO-Scorpion

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

so you want a match to end up JUST LIKE THIS? ---->>> 24 PPL bring their DUAL GUASS RIFLE META MECHS to say HPG! 24 Warhammers all the same build, or close to it?

Think about it... really.... THINK.... imagine...... lol

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostExoScorpion650R, on 23 January 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

so you want a match to end up JUST LIKE THIS? ---->>> 24 PPL bring their DUAL GUASS RIFLE META MECHS to say HPG! 24 Warhammers all the same build, or close to it?

Think about it... really.... THINK.... imagine...... lol

And then there'd be me in a MCII-4 with LRMs... I win.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

I'd love to remove map voting. It takes up too much time, and...well...I actually never vote because it's not important to me anyway. I'm always on Youtube or something while the game is loading so I don't even see that screen most of the time. It'd be so nice to get rid of that screen and just drop into a match quicker!

#5 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:29 AM

Strongly agree with randomizing map and conflict type. Upon getting into Tier 2 I have discovered that the secret to high-tier play is to only learn how to play HPG-Manifold domination.

#6 Delta503rd

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

Supposedly, we're Mechwarriors and so we should go where we are sent - what outfit "asks" where you'd like to serve in wartime. Voting is wasted time in an iteration that is already heavy on wait time - because the game is bent toward brawl, matches are seldom more than 5 mins - it is getting to the point where getting into and out of the game takes more time than the match.

Alternatively, allow a preset choice for map/mode prior to searching for a match - then get to it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users