Orion Or Orion Ll-C

13 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

I have enough saved to buy the Thunderbolt Mastery Bundle as well as the Linebacker Standard Pack+Hero as well as one more Mastery Bundle or Hero mech.

I previously sold all of my IS mechs to fund Clan Omnimechs. Over the last 2 months I have repurchased the following Mastery Bundles Stalker,Cataphract,Catapult, and a Warhammer Black Widow. Currently I am using my Premium Time and Hero Mechs/Omnis to refill the threadbare coffers.

I am primarily a medium range to an in your face brawler/ support player. I love to work with 2-4 team players to smackdown those who get in our way. Some maps I can not help myself from using ERLLs,ERPPC and or AC-2s to harass the enemy's flanks. Missles like MRMs,ATMs,and Rocket Pods are fun as well.

My question is in 2018 which is better given my playstyle, the Orion IS mechs available in the Mastery Bundle or Clan Orion ll-Cs?

#2 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

In terms of hard point variation there isnt really any difference the real difference is Clan weaponry vs the IS weaponry and the clan engine has its uses for being smaller and surviving a barrage.

Tho im gonna suggest this if u have the spare in-game currency grab 1 of each.

Tho in terms of duking it out i prefer regular Orions but that's because I run it like an atlas ac20 medium lasers and srms.
I would suggest grabbin an (Orion-k) and an (Orion IIC- b ) they both have the same hardpoints and you could decide between the 2 for weaponry and engines on which one you could be the most comfortable with since u liking Duking it out at medium ranges.

Hope it could be helpful happy Hunting

Edited by Sagedabluemage, 21 January 2018 - 06:23 PM.

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

View PostSagedabluemage, on 21 January 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

In terms of hard point variation there isnt really any difference the real difference is Clan weaponry vs the IS weaponry and the clan engine has its uses for being smaller and surviving a barrage.

Tho im gonna suggest this if u have the spare in-game currency grab 1 of each.

Tho in terms of duking it out i prefer regular Orions but that's because I run it like an atlas ac20 medium lasers and srms.
I would suggest grabbin an (Orion-k) and an (Orion IIC- b ) they both have the same hardpoints and you could decide between the 2 for weaponry and engines on which one you could be the most comfortable with since u liking Duking it out at medium ranges.

Hope it could be helpful happy Hunting

Thank you for your input I will look at both mechs on Smurphy's and the in-game store as well as the Gift store. I am willing to spend real money for now. I am trying to stock up on C-Bills.

#4 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

[removed by user]

Edited by Throe, 05 October 2023 - 11:47 AM.

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

Thank you both for your quick well thought out replies.

The IS Orion Mastery Bundle sells for $30 and the Orion ll-c Hero mech Skol $20 USD.

I should be able to pick up the Thunderbolt & Orion Mastery Bundles, the Linebacker standard pack +Hero Omnimech, and the Skol Orion ll-c Hero Clan Mech on my next order.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 21 January 2018 - 08:55 PM.

#6 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

The clan version can rock, lbx20, 4 srm6a, or slight variations thereof. Its one of the better brawlers in the game. I like a uac10, 4srm6a, and 2 er smalls on mine.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

I secured the Orion IIC-SK and use it QP and FP matches. 2 ERLL,2 ERML,a UAC-10 and an C-LRM-15 round out the weapons.

#8 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:13 AM

Just buy my first IS orion but played with the IIC with twin uc10 twin lpulses. Bot Orion are strong mecha, quite surprised about the IS one !

#9 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:39 AM

Hi Bin,

I have the ON1-IIC-C and the ON1-V. The Clan version is a decent brawler and the IS mech has the best quirks, imo. I'm not sure if you need to buy the Mastery pack for them, maybe you should save you money for the time being. Too bad the ON1-IIC-C is no longer available as a trial mech, I tried it out and liked it so much I purchased it for c-bills.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#10 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

Orions one of my favorite if not my favorite heavy mech going neck and neck with the archer, iv not messed around with the IIC version because im stearing clear of all clan tech but I used to own pretty much all of the orions except the champion version and they are excellent mechs all around, though iv sense pawned all the non-heroic versions. Last time I took my ON1-P out for a spin I landed on alpine with a brawly build featuring a AC20/Snub nose combo - cant remember what the rest was but I absolutely MURDERED four of the enemy team when they let me crawl up the trench and flank them :P

#11 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

I love the Orion-IIC-SK, as well as Clan tech. I am still trying to use as many Hero Omnimechs or Mechs as possible. Too bad the Mech Packs that give a 10% C-Bill bonus are IS only.

#12 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:25 AM

I had my eye on the ON1-K for a while now. Finally it went on sale for the current event and I bought one. Slapped a HGR and 4 arm lasers on top of its stock STD engine and it performed just fine unskilled and without upgrades. Looking forward to upgrading and mastering it now + trying out different builds. Looks like this classic is going to be one of my favorites.

The clan version is potentially better due to the clantech weapons, but I have not tried it yet (will be one of my next purchases). Also the ON1-V seems to be a more populat model than the K.

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 23 June 2018 - 05:29 AM.

#13 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Where the Clan Orion IIC really shines is in its ability to play either as a brawler or a hybrid brawler/fire support mech very well. You can pack on SRMs and heavy autocannons or bombard targets with LRMs and longer range ACs.

#14 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

The reg orion llc is very good to with uac10, 3 srm6a, and 3 med pulse. Theres options for engine size, ammo, ams, probe, depending on your armor and engine and cooling choices. The uac10 and 2 med pulses on the right side make for a nice ranged volly with a double tap. If you have your left side expised you can follow that up with the other med pulse. If you jam up you still have your med pulses and for 270 and under the misiles do great. With a double tap the alpha is 75 points. With the survival tree maxed out you have as much armor and structure as most big assaults and with be moving between 70-76kph depending on engine choice. Dont hill hump with it cause lots of weapons are waist high, but it can side peek OK. Take good shoots with the uac early on and double tap it often. The missiles will be great for finishing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users