Are All Mmos And Fps Online Games The Same?

News

70 replies to this topic

#1 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

heated discussion from older article "Why new players quit .... "

Player only discussion plz. 8)

pawg (Pre Determined Win Game) and P2W (Pay too Win) are very common game terms and there meaning is well understood by most gamers. are all MMOs and FPS now using pawgs as there standard match type?

questions needing answer:

1 is this type of game play breaking the ula contract (the agreement between the company that owns the games and its customers) that must be clicked "I agree" by ALL players before u can download the game. yes or no??

2 are all MMOs (multi massive Online) and FPSs (Firs Person Shooter) pawg based games??
yes or no??

3 can pawg style MMOs and FPSs be called games because the mass of F2P (Free too Play) and P2W (Pay too Win) players have no idea that "pawgs" exist?
yes they are games regardless of knowing if one side or the other will win, or no they are not games because it is a predetermined match

4can anyone plz provide a list of MMOs and FPSs that do not use a pawg style format for newer players to learn how to online game? or for older players that Know about pawgs and are not interested in playing that type of corporate agenda. can set up list best to worst, plz

5can anyone plz provide a list of games that are pawg style games for players that do enjoy that kind of game play.

PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS and OPINIONS THEY DO COUNT

yes, I spell badly, yes my gramer is bad, know that move on

#2 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

I mean... Overwatch and WoW, SC2 and hell, even RUNESCAPE have NONE of these issues.
Its all about how greedy the devs get and how they decide to monetize the game.

#3 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 21 January 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

I mean... Overwatch and WoW, SC2 and hell, even RUNESCAPE have NONE of these issues.

I heard Runescape had a PvP issue in the past where more experience would hunt newbies, it was Day Z before Day Z. They had to actively change some aspect of the game to ride the trolls in the community.

There is a ultra competitive culture in almost every PvP game community, including Overwatch. It's a unfortunate part of our web culture that we may never be ride of. Some communities have temper the more toxic aspect though it takes some effort on the communities part to self police.

#4 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

Yes

They are all money sinks and and pay to progress these days.. If you are ok with that mmos etc are for you.. If not i'd say stay clear as these are just glorified money scams on customers..

Just take this game for example.. look at the content, then look at the content quantity of paid content vs actual gameplay updates...

This game really only survives because it has Mechwarrior in its name..

Edited by Samial, 21 January 2018 - 09:20 PM.

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

other Games have better Gamemechanics , Gamemodes and more Content ...seeing gajin Games like Star Conflict or War Thunder ...other side many P2W Games like WoT or BSGO

#6 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:45 PM

if u want more info on this subject please see under bling.com home page and type in "MWO PAWG" should take u too first pick "MWO: FORUMS -mwomercs.com .
the thread tite "WHY NEW PLAYERS QUIT .... " the word is out 8)

"V"

#7 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

TY for your honest input on the subject of pawg style games

and for an even "NEWER UPDATE ON WHAT THE top 5% OF PRO PLAYERS REALLY THINK" lets head over too
"best truism for new players" and remember where your refund buttons are kids. its gonna get nasty. please feel free to start a forum on "how MWO treats its F2P and P2W players" or "how were u treated by "pro" players on comms" or "we got pawged
again in a pug???"

ZEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGG~!!! 8)

"V"

#8 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 21 January 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

I heard Runescape had a PvP issue in the past where more experience would hunt newbies, it was Day Z before Day Z. They had to actively change some aspect of the game to ride the trolls in the community.

There is a ultra competitive culture in almost every PvP game community, including Overwatch. It's a unfortunate part of our web culture that we may never be ride of. Some communities have temper the more toxic aspect though it takes some effort on the communities part to self police.

It's actually a survival instinct.

While not necessarily mandatory for playing a video, the drive to compete is important for mankind.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

Tinfoil hat's on a little too tight there.

Paying players aren't getting any better win rates than non paying players in this game, you can go ahead and test it out yourself if you wanted. This game also stays far away from being P2W in the traditional sense due to not offering advantages to paying players compared to the free to play ones other than cosmetic changes and faster grinding.

View Postmarcusmaximus55, on 21 January 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

TY for your honest input on the subject of pawg style games

and for an even "NEWER UPDATE ON WHAT THE top 5% OF PRO PLAYERS REALLY THINK" lets head over too
"best truism for new players" and remember where your refund buttons are kids. its gonna get nasty. please feel free to start a forum on "how MWO treats its F2P and P2W players" or "how were u treated by "pro" players on comms" or "we got pawged
again in a pug???"

Also what do you mean by this? The "best truism for new players" topic is just a joke thread, unofficialoperator always makes them with a hint of satire. Also how are you even getting treated any sort of way by "pro" players on the comms as a new player? The game's matchmaker doesn't put new players and pros together, it does the exact opposite and separates them out so they have very little chance to ever come into contact with eachother.

#10 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:23 PM

4) I could never get in to the game, I hated the gameplay, but I think EVE did things perfectly. It's open world and lets players group up and fight however they want. No match maker, and in the end it's all about knowledge and skill, not what ship you're flying in.

4) My current go to is Planetside 2. Lately the game has hit a really rough patch, which is why I'm temporarily back at MWO, but it's open world and lets you decide how and when to attack whoever you want in whatever fashion you want with whatever group you can put together. There's no match maker and nothing you can buy to help you win a 1v1. It's pay not to grind, not pay to win. Lately my server is having problems with Chinese outfits splitting between two factions and throwing the game for their friends on the other team. It maximizes profit but it kills competition. With about 1,000 players per map, and 200-300 taking part in this nonsense there's just not much anyone can do about it.

4) Squad is another great game but it seems to hate my new internet connection. It's based off f private servers and the groups that own them do a pretty good job of shifting players around if one side is just getting wiped. You'll often see a perfect split of unit members on each side, filled in by randoms. It's in beta and keeps making great advances. There's no way to upgrade or buy anything with real money or even adjust your loadout from the stock sets. It's all about skill and teamwork.

#11 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Excuse my noob question but what is pawg? Never heard that term and where is the a in pre determined winning game? What does that mean?

#12 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

pre arraged win group, according to maximus these are teams of supervillains assembled at the legion of doom to make the lives of honest paying mwo customers horrible

#13 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

Ah, thanks. This a fun thread?

#14 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

Kotzi I don't believe u are a noob ... I think u are a human first and fore most.
I would like to refer u top of this forum. it explains what a "pawg style game is"
if u look under this companys forum "faction play". the discussion is "why new players quite"
it will fully explain over the next several pages what the term means in detail and how to take advantage of how to play this kind of "P2W game" AND its by other players the actual player base ... the customers should answer all your questions.
OR if u prefer u can search for the specific article by going to Bing.com and searching "MWO PAWG" the #1 search should take u straight into article as well. hope that helps ,)
sorry my typing is bad but missing a few fingers (and yes can EASLY play this F2P ???) without EVER buying a mech.
good luck

ZEEEEEEERRRRGGGGGGGGG~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

"V"

#15 Spam Lanwalker

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • Locationin a kitchen, always :(

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

View Postmarcusmaximus55, on 21 January 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

if u want more info on this subject please see under bling.com home page and type in "MWO PAWG" should take u too first pick "MWO: FORUMS -mwomercs.com .
the thread tite "WHY NEW PLAYERS QUIT .... " the word is out 8)

"V"

bling.com is a jewel store website dude ....

#16 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

Faction Play ist tough but there are no predetermined winners. Almost everytime i loose a game i do know why no matter Quick of Faction games. I might not be d'accord with PGIs handling of the game but they are not responsible for the players lack of common sense.

Edited by Kotzi, 22 January 2018 - 12:04 AM.

#17 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 21 January 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

pre arraged win group, according to maximus these are teams of supervillains assembled at the legion of doom to make the lives of honest paying mwo customers horrible

So, premade is out of fashion these days?

#18 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

first ty all for very good input compiling list as we go .. will wait on full list of games pro con till this thread gets a bit more aged.

second Dakota1000 BS. the MWO forum faction play page lists ... how many pages of known pawg play?? hundreds ?? OOHHH specific okay yes ive been in matches with pros in almost every match I was in. why is a teir 5 pilot being matched against anything but other teir 5 players? teir 5s in trials full teams of teir 3+ how that gonna turn out "BABY SEAL STOMP" ... that's because AS WE ALL KNOW this game works on games won NOT personal performance for ALL MATCHING. MAJOR balance issue teir 5 pilot 1 training mech ... "pro" teir 2 team how many bays they got?? why are they in mach together cause its a pawg match and the severs sets up all the matches OR DIDNT U KNOW THAT????
Hazelclaw trying not to be rude. but u brought up super villians and yer daft if u think MWO is a even plying field when its server matching is rigged. think the foil hat is for u ... block those evil corporate rays of doom that are comeing from YOUR "legion of doom" (MWO corporate headquarters ??)
OOHHHHHHH "pros" u can scroll up to see what

#19 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:26 AM

View Postmarcusmaximus55, on 22 January 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

first ty all for very good input compiling list as we go .. will wait on full list of games pro con till this thread gets a bit more aged.

second Dakota1000 BS. the MWO forum faction play page lists ... how many pages of known pawg play?? hundreds ?? OOHHH specific okay yes ive been in matches with pros in almost every match I was in. why is a teir 5 pilot being matched against anything but other teir 5 players? teir 5s in trials full teams of teir 3+ how that gonna turn out "BABY SEAL STOMP" ... that's because AS WE ALL KNOW this game works on games won NOT personal performance for ALL MATCHING. MAJOR balance issue teir 5 pilot 1 training mech ... "pro" teir 2 team how many bays they got?? why are they in mach together cause its a pawg match and the severs sets up all the matches OR DIDNT U KNOW THAT????
Hazelclaw trying not to be rude. but u brought up super villians and yer daft if u think MWO is a even plying field when its server matching is rigged. think the foil hat is for u ... block those evil corporate rays of doom that are comeing from YOUR "legion of doom" (MWO corporate headquarters ??)
OOHHHHHHH "pros" u can scroll up to see what

Are you talking about factionplay rather than quickplay? Factionplay is the team vs team mode with no matchmaker, you're expected to bring a team and work together to beat the other team.

#20 marcusmaximus55

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

Rayden wolf u seem honest and no its not out. but most players don't even know what a premade is. if they don't know about pawg and pre made matches how are they supposed to enjoy a game?? imagine if u had just an hour or so a wee t play. would u want to invest yur time or money into that kind of game... knowing that u will lose? ty for your input very helpful ,)

Kotzi dear dear Kotzi ... u didnt know u were being paug matched or wasteing time in premades. sorry. but that is what this open forum in general discussion is about and my original point several days ago. most game players don't know they are being used for "seal puppy clubbing" "pawg" matches on pugs and lower teir lances u might want to contact your lance commander at tis time and possibly and MWO derp/dev. sorr theres no "refund" button installed at this time =(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users