#1 Anelor Galor

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hi guys,

I am a bit confused going over the patch notes.
It is not much of a surprise my clan tells me, its been a theme they call it over the past year it seems. But help me out here, I am confused so here a little Q&A.

Q: What is the benefit of Clan tech I asked the tech manuals?
A: faster mechs, better armour, better heat sinks, longer range on all weapons.

Q: What is the downside of Clans?
A: Less tonnage per drop overall but 5 mechs per "team"/Star vs 4 mechs per lance.

Q: How are the latest changes reflect that furthermore?
A: - Clan get 5 more ton for scout matches!
- cMed Laser max range reduced 561 > 480
- Skill Tree: heat reduction benefit of nodes -0.75% > -0.6%
- cER PPC cool down increase 4.5 sec > 5 sec
- Shadow Hawk gets nerfed

None of these changes affected the Inner Sphere.
So the MWO Clan is the opposite to what it is in the actual universe. Is it our fault IS cant play for s**** that you nerf us furthermore?

To my 2nd Q&A:
It would be more logical to have 10 Clan vs 12 IS in a faction fight with Clan having a nasty weight issue.
We already suffer under not taking assaults into the faction games but hell we rather endure that than have: shortest ranges (today's cML is just the latest in a long line), higher heat (which was normal but we also had the better sinks - now IS and Clan are on pair since its Fed Com Civil war era) yet we keep getting nerfed while IS is getting the better tech.

IS has double heat sinks too so wtf are these changes for? Why dont you remove clans armour value while you are at it, reduce tonnage per mech by 50% and have us drop with 50% mechs vs IS matchs. Or why dont you patch all clan tech and mechs out of the game and call it "Return to 3015" an homage to the new Turn Based Strategy game from those other folks there.

Its a pile of ****

Edited by Anelor Galor, 23 January 2018 - 01:05 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostAnelor Galor, on 23 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

To my 2nd Q&A:
It would be more logical to have 10 Clan vs 12 IS in a faction fight with Clan having a nasty weight issue.

They already thoroughly tested that... Even with the Clan mechs being massively superior in all ways, IS would win 95% of the time with a 2 mech advantage.

#3 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

dude we all understand that but - there is no way to balance that crap - pgi is not super in balance u know they can only build a mechs actually and no one in theyr team can do the balance in that way - we simply don have the gameplay with goals for mech types atc , we have like - skirmish them all game modes. what actually we have - clan weapons weight less and occupies less space - and clans has more hard points and pod space to build. OFC the IS need BUFF. we have here simple game that balanced with simple numbers , thts it .

Edited by Leopardo, 24 January 2018 - 12:19 AM.

#4 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostAnelor Galor, on 23 January 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Q: How are the latest changes reflect that furthermore?
A: - Clan get 5 more ton for scout matches!

Lore lore lore... PGI cares very little for that kind of thing, they are just trying to tweak balance... and they will never stop tinkering as their player base dwindles. They implement a little lore here and there where it wont affect things (arctic wolf for example 1/2 battlemech, 1/2 Omni) Why did clan get their 5 tons back you ask? Well dear friend, it is to sell more lanners of course!

#5 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

I have some sympathy for PGI here, this is not TT. so many of the changes don't relate to the issues of Lore but relate to the fact they have to have a game.

In Lore Clan bid down how many mechs they needed to win a battle it would mean that Calns were always outnumbered in lore Clans had a formalised battle plan based on their beliefs in game we don't give a flying Foxtrot about this

So they basically have two issues in Lore the Clan mechs and weapons are clearly superior and in the game if they made it that way they would need to make the games skewed however making the games skewd would make it difficult to balance so they are in a no win situation

I am not sure that the heat nerf is necessary and the fact that the best players move from clan to IS and back harvesting the rewards makes the idea that they can balance things difficult. it is the player base gaming everything that makes it hard so blame the fact on your fellow gamers more than PGI.

Players are finding ways to game the system and PGI is gamely trying to make it balance it is a bit like wack a mole

#6 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

My fellow mechwarrior pilots,

I was going to run with an "unnamed" unit but found the unit would jump from clan to IS and back just for free mech bays. The unit would just pound clan units when they played IS. The same unit would struggle when they played clan vs IS mechs. That said enough for me about balance.

PGI doesn't have game developers that are very good at playing the game otherwise they would see feel and experience the same dynamics that regular pilots know is common knowledge.

I believe PGI looks at the Faction Warfare map and says ok, clans have too many planets lets nerf them until all clan planets are back to what they were in Faction Warfare version 1. No special algorithm needed. Just nerf clans until the universe is back to what it was in version 1. Very one dimensional thinking.

As a result, I'm taking a break from this game. The balance just took a step 2 years backward.
I do not think I will be playing clans ever again if I do return. I love clans, but hate PGI's balance strategy even more.

To all my fellow clan mates, So long, farewell, I hate to go and leave this pretty site. A sigh and say goodbye I'm glad to go I cannot tell a lie, the power of the clans has gone to bed and so must I, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users