Piranha Field Of View...

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

is atrocious for a fast light mech, worse than even an assault like a kodiak or dire. So much view is blocked by the front pillars that you might as well run around in 3rd person, even a cyclops standing slightly ahead and beside you vanishes.

#2 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Agreed, I've got my FOV at 90 and I can only see out of about 1/9th of the screen. Literally - draw a tic-tac-toe grid on the screen and all I can see that isn't the inside of my mech is the center square. Terrible for any mech, let alone a light with paper-thin armor. Come on PGI, let's get this fixed.

#3 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Additionally mounting any warhorn other than the night gyr one uses up a lot of window space. A few like the round clan horns and the cameron star one at least can be partially seen thru but still...could the horns not have been mounted someplace you cannot look thru anyway like above and beside the window area ?

#4 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

I can only agree with that - cockpit and front glass is not good.

#5 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

More monitors doesn't help either. T_T
At a bare minimum the side "slots" need to be taller.
Posted Image

#6 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

hhahaha, agreed! Something funny is going on over there....anybody else play the Thanatos? that cockpit was ridiculous! It was like trying to watch vertical video, just gave me a headache. That mech sucked also. Its like an intentional move to make mechs they think might be OP start off as too difficult to play because you can't see anything.

TBH, the Piranha isn't that bad... just so squishy. just a nanosecond of laser fire can disassemble it.. I know its a 20 tonner, but, 6 structure points? eek

#7 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

I posted cockpit views standing on the same spot of frozen city testing grounds from different cockpits in another thread.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6009611

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users