Piranha Needs Heat Gen And Extra Amrmor Acrosed The Board Un Useable...

20 replies to this topic

#1 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

stop releasing half completed mech... I cant even play your stupid event.. its impossible. FIX IT PIRANHAS DIE TO QUICKLY compared to locust.

Edited by I R O N, 24 January 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Don't alpha strike ridiculous #s of lasers. Plenty of us can manage our weapon firing just fine, even on the 15 energy hardpoint piranha 2.

#3 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Heat wise there are no issues with the pirhana...
Though I wouldn't mind an extra 4-5 pts of structure per section.

#4 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

You both are if i cant alpha 10 ersmall without shutting down whats the point of it?

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

View PostI R O N, on 24 January 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

You both are if i cant alpha 10 ersmall without shutting down whats the point of it?

If you can't control your fingers well enough, you'll never see the massive DPS the Piranha does.

#6 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

i WANT MY MONEY BACK. ITS MADE OUT OF PAPER. COMPARED TO A LOCUST

#7 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

ANOTHER EXAMPLE: jUST PUT ARMOR HARDENING ON IT AND IT DIDNT EVEN GIVE AN EXTRA POINT OF ARMOR ON A SINGLE THING WITH ARMOR MAXED...

#8 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

massive DPS the Piranha does

A scout mech shouldn't be capable of "massive DPS" This is a problem and the mech having thin armor and heat issues should never get "fixed" as the OP is asking for. This is the only Mechwarrior game that has ever been developed that allows light/scout mechs to terrorize other mechs above their weight class.

#9 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

When fully skilled the survival tree gives 20 ton Mechs' 41 % bonus structure and 26 % bonus armor.

This means that the Piranha (in the CT) with 20 armor in front and 12 structure will get 5 points of armor and 5 points of structure.
You get 10 points of hp on the CT alone. So tell us once again Iron, where didn't you get a single point of armor?

If you're really this stupid, please, at least try to use your brain a bit.
If you're a troll, which isn't that unlikely given your stats (at least if you don't cheat), this isn't funny. Especially since people do actually act like this on the forum.

Edited by Bonzai VI, 24 January 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Tell ya what, gift me the Piranha, and I'll show you how to use it. And if I can't, you can continue this rant.

I'll be checking the game at 11:40 PM EST, if I find a Piranha I'll be live streaming to youtube.

#11 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

Heat gen? Yeah no. It already has it. Stop Alpha-ing. Despite the meta comp turds saying otherwise. OR! You DISENGAGE! Quirks. Well. Maybe. A touch of armor. 5 points maybe? Structure? It already has it. A breath more maybe.

Edited by HammerMaster, 25 January 2018 - 08:10 PM.

#12 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

@HammerMaster

So you're saying to stop listening to the people that play seriously and do so in the most efficient way because of... reasons I guess.

How 'bout you simply build your 'Mech the right way instead of firing only a part of your weaponry? (Or even worse, chainfiring them)

Do you even know WHY people build their 'Mechs to alpha and then hide?
If not, why don't you just think for two seconds there?
If you do, how come you can even attempt to write something like this?

Edited by Bonzai VI, 25 January 2018 - 09:46 PM.

#13 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

View PostI R O N, on 24 January 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

stop releasing half completed mech... I cant even play your stupid event.. its impossible. FIX IT PIRANHAS DIE TO QUICKLY compared to locust.

I think the mentioned "fragility" is a small price to pay for the enormous damage output the fish has. After three evenings in that thing I would consider it as very dangerous, but not OP. It needs a unique playstyle, that IMHO is not comparable to the one you need to pilot a LCT or a MLX. After figuring out how to use the fish, success came in.

It is OK the way it is and it does not need (major) tweaking!

#14 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostBonzai VI, on 25 January 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

@HammerMaster

So you're saying to stop listening to the people that play seriously and do so in the most efficient way because of... reasons I guess.

How 'bout you simply build your 'Mech the right way instead of firing only a part of your weaponry? (Or even worse, chainfiring them)

Do you even know WHY people build their 'Mechs to alpha and then hide?
If not, why don't you just think for two seconds there?
If you do, how come you can even attempt to write something like this?

Why is people alpha after alpha after alpha. So you can't keep that up so you alpha hide alpha. It's the brown water game play style. I do play seriously. The serious you speak of is toxicity except for the upper 2% and vocal minority. They have no bearing over anything I say or do. It's due to THESE people who chase stats and Epeen rather than BATTLETECH who have diluted the ip with no more Repair and Rearm. 1.5 ton ECM jesus box. Pinpoint convergence woes. No stock mechs. No faction appropriate mech use. Meta kowtowing. etc. etc. There is no thought to this only min max bs. Back on track. I am saying for him to engage and break off. The progenitor to the alpha and hide. Kinda like a fighter pilot. So quit your criticism of my criticism.

Edited by HammerMaster, 26 January 2018 - 08:08 AM.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

On a side note along what Hammermaster here is trying to point out...

Someone was complaining about how the recent "Clan nerfs" made the Clans unplayable. I countered with it made them easier for me to play as someone who bounces back and forth, as it made Clan heat closer to IS heat.

Naturally I wasn't believed, so I responded by clarifying how it made it easier and brought Clan heat closer to IS heat: I also gave advice and such for a playstyle that doesn't revolve around alpha strikes, as alpha is not the only way to play, and caters to a "He who shoots first wins" problem that falls apart when "He who throws all eggs at an invisible wall ends up with a squishy mess and dies."

Alpha and twist cannot withstand a continuous, non-stop pelting. They get pelted as they fire, they get pelted as they twist away, they get pelted as they try to fire again, and if they hesitate they're dead... and if they don't hesitate they're dead... if they're alone they're dead... No matter what, they're dead unless they're in numbers.

Those "top players" are top players because they are surrounded by numbers, using complimentary builds, not because they are soloists pugging it up. When it comes to pugs, alpha striking is the way to lose, unless they're going straight for the headshot.

#16 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 January 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

/edit
TL;DR
No, I don't know why people alpha and hide.

You could've made your answer so simple.

Anyway, people alpha and hide since it limits their exposure. The enemy has less time to shoot at you. That's why people do it.
It's that simple.

You don't want to lose health because of no reason.

But back to your post: I agree with him breaking off the engagement. Alternatively he could also tweak his build a bit to produce less heat.^^

@Koniving

So, a continuous 5 dmg per second while the enemy is twisting gets him killed faster than a 40 dmg alpha, every 10 seconds, that he can put wherever he wants?

Let me quickly answer my own question: No, it doesn't. Otherwise everyone would play like that.

Edited by Bonzai VI, 26 January 2018 - 02:57 PM.

#17 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostBonzai VI, on 26 January 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

You could've made your answer so simple.

Anyway, people alpha and hide since it limits their exposure. The enemy has less time to shoot at you. That's why people do it.
It's that simple.

You don't want to lose health because of no reason.

But back to your post: I agree with him breaking off the engagement. Alternatively he could also tweak his build a bit to produce less heat.^^

@Koniving

So, a continuous 5 dmg per second while the enemy is twisting gets him killed faster than a 40 dmg alpha, every 10 seconds, that he can put wherever he wants?

Let me quickly answer my own question: No, it doesn't. Otherwise everyone would play like that.

Oh how you twist my agreement! Ha!

#18 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

@HammerMaster

You mean argument, right? (Serious question.)

I didn't twist anything, I asked if you know why the meta is alpha and twist and it didn't sound like you do.

#19 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

From my perspective seeing the people that have been using it they are a menace. I cannot see what buffs they need they are fast therefore hard to shoot the mass machine guns means that your back armour is gone and then you are critical hit screweed almost immediately

I am not a light pilot but it is a great combination of speed and firepower and of the right sort. I have enough of high alpha lights which have speed and alphas way beyond that of heavies. This one looks like it is in the right spot to me

#20 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

View PostBonzai VI, on 27 January 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

@HammerMaster

You mean argument, right? (Serious question.)

I didn't twist anything, I asked if you know why the meta is alpha and twist and it didn't sound like you do.

Rhetorical question is rhetorical.

Edited by HammerMaster, 27 January 2018 - 10:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users