Crouch Ability For All Mechs

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Crouch ability (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to mech could crouch?

1. Yes (48 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No (6 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Drimerd

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

The game is strongly associated with height map. Maybe add crouch button, mech starts to crouch

1) This automatically reduces the movement speed to 0 after press crouch button to prepare to crouch and takes 2 seconds to lower the torso below. These two seconds mech is not controlled (Temporary vulnerability)
2) Mech total height is reduced by 1/4 (Bonus)
3) Mech movement speed, rotation speed, acceleration and deceleration are reduced by 50% while mech crouch (Penalty)
4) All other parameters are not changed, to stand, mech should also reduced its movement speed to 0 to prepare for stand and time to deactivate this ability is also cost 2 seconds to up the torso into a standard height. These two seconds mech is not controlled also (Temporary vulnerability)

It is clear that the physical jumps are not available mechs, but for some reason the mech can not set lower its body to crouch.

Edited by Drimerd, 24 August 2016 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Gettothechoppa

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

This ability was in beta, for reasons unknown to me it was redacted. There were some good ideas in beta that were removed or never released into the live sever as well.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Crouch war in? Must have been before I bought me in - to many scrubs in CB before ;-)

While it wouldn't hardly add any tactical options it would be good to have it back in game

#4 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

I would like it if you could also slide and power slide, using crouch.

#5 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Well considering lore wise wasn't crouch only an omnimech function?

#6 dabeda

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 23 December 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Well considering lore wise wasn't crouch only an omnimech function?

I think only "chicken legged" mechs could crouch, imagine and Atlas crouching, the legs would have to bend in a fashion that it would be more reminiscant to a "slav squat" than a crouch

#7 TheoLu

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNapier, South Africa

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

I'd pay to see a slav-squatting Atlas.

Crouching functionality can be of use in certain parts of maps when also powering down ones mech to remain hidden while enemy mechs move past. Mechs like the Locust would be able to crouch down significantly farther than a Cicada in relative terms, say. A Locust crouched down all the way and powered down in just the right spot with the right camo could end up resembling part of the scenery, allowing the pilot to relay information on a visual basis to teammates.

Meanwhile, like the Atlas, there're many mechs which simply wouldn't crouch all that well. Could add significant variety to gameplay choices.

On the note of though, the game also sorely needs 'mech powerup detected' functionality combined with a radar blip proportionate to the size of engine firing up, possibly with quirks and/or skills which influence how detectable they are.

That, and multiple radar modes (active and passive, and radar ranges, as examples).

Edited by TheoLu, 16 March 2018 - 08:10 AM.

#8 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

crouching should be like in MW4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users