Disconnected From Game Server Error

General

15 replies to this topic

#1 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 10:25 AM

In recent time (for about 2-3 weeks) i was unable to join any matches (almost at all, one time out of 10 the game connects me) - the game just kicked me out of the matches when i was loading into the map with "disconnected from game server" error. Anybody experienced this issue in past few weeks? And if you did, how did you fix that?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 September 2023 - 01:35 PM

That's going to be the connection between your PC and the game server. Check the ping rates on the upper right of the mechlab screen before you hit LAUNCH. If one region has wickedly high pings, deselect it. You'll wait a bit longer for a match sometimes, but your connection will be more robust. (I often have to deselect dropping on APAC servers.)

#3 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 10:25 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 September 2023 - 01:35 PM, said:

That's going to be the connection between your PC and the game server. Check the ping rates on the upper right of the mechlab screen before you hit LAUNCH. If one region has wickedly high pings, deselect it. You'll wait a bit longer for a match sometimes, but your connection will be more robust. (I often have to deselect dropping on APAC servers.)

I usually only have EU servers enabled, because im in EU, and the other ones have me having about 400 ping. And it wasn't a problem before, after the patch the game just started disconnecting me from matches, and now i can't even join matches at all...

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 03:57 AM

verify your file integrity, either via steam or via the repair tool.
It might also be the mentioned routing issue, so you might try a different DNS server.

#5 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 795 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 04:17 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 September 2023 - 03:57 AM, said:

It might also be the mentioned routing issue, so you might try a different DNS server.

Before actually changing DNS server settings (which do not by default affect routing anyways and will not get rid of bad dns info) it would be better to try to empty the current dns cache of the client machine along with restarting the internet router (thus emptying out cached dns and routing info on said router).

=> First restart the router and then (on a Windows machine) open the command line and type
ipconfig /flushdns

followed by enter

Simply setting a new dns server in the machine's network configuration (which usually defaults to DHCP provided values by the used router for most users) or on the router itself won't magically make bad dns info go away and the actual routing beyond your own internet router is largely determined by your ISP's network anyway unless you also bring stuff like VPNs into the mix.

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 25 October 2023 - 09:02 PM

This topic has been moved to Workarounds

#7 lammaer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 01:12 PM

For 2 days, I cannot play a single match. Im constatly disconnected from matches. Formerly I disabled oceanic servers which sometimes did this, but now I get 100% error even on EU servers.

My network is fine, I can play online games without issues. I have no clue what to do... (my router is automatically restarted every morning...)

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 11:25 PM

did you try the flushdns tip by Geisterbaer or the DNS change?

#9 lammaer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 12:15 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 29 October 2023 - 11:25 PM, said:

did you try the flushdns tip by Geisterbaer or the DNS change?

Yes. Now I'm downloading the non steam version of the game, some people reported that had no connection issues..... its kinda slow download, compared to steam....

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 12:25 AM

I'm using both the steam version and the standalone launcher, each on a different computer. There's no difference in connectivity as far as I can tell. Whenever I encountered routing issues, I had them on both.
Do you use any soundpaks? If so, remove them. They're quite likely outdated.

#11 lammaer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 08:27 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 October 2023 - 12:25 AM, said:

I'm using both the steam version and the standalone launcher, each on a different computer. There's no difference in connectivity as far as I can tell. Whenever I encountered routing issues, I had them on both.
Do you use any soundpaks? If so, remove them. They're quite likely outdated.

Thanks for the advice, I'm not using any soundpacks or mods.
Edit: downloaded the standalone - non steam - version, same problem. Steam integration check found no issues. Im clueless.

Edited by lammaer, 30 October 2023 - 09:58 AM.

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 30 October 2023 - 12:01 PM

try to delete the shader cache if you haven't already.
Then, please tell us exactly what happens when you get disconnected. The full story, leave no minor detail. Did you change something recently?
Have you reached out to technical@mwomercs.com yet?

#13 lammaer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2023 - 02:45 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 October 2023 - 12:01 PM, said:

try to delete the shader cache if you haven't already.
Then, please tell us exactly what happens when you get disconnected. The full story, leave no minor detail. Did you change something recently?
Have you reached out to technical@mwomercs.com yet?

Thanks for trying to help.

1. deleted the shader cache, didnt help.
2. I sent yesterday a message to that email address, no response yet (I got ticket number 295326)
3 What happens:

I start a quickplay battle
Then the game starts to load the lobby. From this point disconnect happens either before loading the lobby, or just when the battle starts.
I always get the "disconnected from game server" message.
Best case just happened, I was able to play a battle for 30 secs, then DCd again.

When I try to rejoin the game, in most cases just shows the gamemode and the map screen, then drops me out, not even loading the mech itself.

I'm not aware of any changes in my hardware and network configration. I1m able to play other MMO games, like Ark Survival evolved on servers 6-7 hours / day without a single DC. This is the reason why I believe its something on the MWO server side.

ps: I tried to use only EU servers (22ms ping), didnt help.

Edit: got response from the support, GM Zen asked for omicron.log and some network traces.
The tracert definitely shows something wrong....

>tracert 51.89.43.18

Tracing route to ns3171309.ip-51-89-43.eu [51.89.43.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Telekom-USB.ip6.server [192.168.0.1]
  2     5 ms     5 ms     5 ms  10.231.64.1
  3     5 ms     6 ms    10 ms  145.236.79.74
  4     6 ms     6 ms     7 ms  81.183.0.37
  5     8 ms     7 ms     7 ms  81.183.3.91
  6    11 ms    11 ms    15 ms  80.157.206.192
  7    25 ms    23 ms    23 ms  f-eh4-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [217.5.114.114]
  8    26 ms    23 ms    23 ms  f-eh4-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [217.5.114.114]
  9    32 ms    25 ms    25 ms  fra-5-a9.de.eu [91.121.131.24]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18    26 ms    25 ms    26 ms  ns3171309.ip-51-89-43.eu [51.89.43.18]

Trace complete.

Edited by lammaer, 31 October 2023 - 03:27 PM.

#14 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:43 PM

• Be aware that you actually have two connections you have to keep, the game server itself as well as the authentication server in Canada (North America).
  • Requests Timed outs - It is generated when after some time, no answer was received whatsoever due to many factors: congestion in the network, the host being down or unresponsive, or packet lost
  • Unplug router and modem for 30 secs
  • Modems - Provider updates may have changed/upgraded, or reset some settings, such as SPI (not NAT but software security update for the modem). Essentially if there is congested traffic where packets are held up then released, said software can see it as an attack, temporarily closing the port off. Temporarily disabling it for testing (again, this does not disable the hardware NAT)
  • Try utilizing a VPN, a free one if you do not have readily access to one, at least temporarily for troubleshooting purposes.
  • Each game you play will take a different routing once it leaves your provider.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:48 PM

And some additional steps in the following, ie using smartphone hotspot and use your mobile network.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 April 2022 - 02:52 PM, said:

When the general player base isnt affected, then 99% of the time it is not direct server related but lost of packets from the servers to the player's client. The forum servers, the authentication server (when connecting with the actual client) then each game server.
  • If using ISP managed modem/router/gateway, an update, software or firmware, could be causing issues.
  • ISP DNS hosting issues.
  • Problematic router system that your pathway takes to the servers, particularly the authentication server in Canada.
  • Reboot computer
  • Check all cable connection, loosen/tighten.
  • Power cycle router/modem
  • DNS flush (reboot computer afterwards
  • Wireless? connect via ethernet
  • With Router/Gateway by ISP owned equipment, troubleshoot by disabling the security software, not NAT.
  • The above, if system has different options, turn off SPI if so named.
  • Change DNS from default (ISP) , either on computer itself or router/gateway
  • Connect via smartphone's hotspot, thus using mobile network. Troubleshooting, does issue still occur? And 5G is definitely faster than 4G Posted Image but ya looking for a consistent connectivity without issues.
  • Use of VPN, either via ISP or mobile. I use my Norton's VPN when troubleshooting. A few of my game's.frown on continuous VPN use due to potential of abuse with 3rd party software. PGI isn't one of them though.
  • Standalone? Try Steam, or vis versa.
Oh, and doing an uninstall does not remove all of the files. There is still the Saved Game folder C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online. Yan can rename the MWO folder. Or rename keep Profiles (rename to retrieve later) and Screenshots then delete all the other files/folders before reinstalling

#16 lammaer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2023 - 07:00 AM

Just an update for future reference.

Had a great discussion upon my support ticket with GM Zen. He found in the omicron.log of the MWO Client, that something is wrong with my ISP ((my ISP is telekom.hu):

<17:58:50> CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ICMPError, desc=Remote disconnected: Unreachable address 4F7A5DFC.catv.pool.telekom.hu:53028

Now I'm trying to sort it out with them....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users