Crashing To Desktop

13 replies to this topic

#1 Squarebasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Have crashed to desktop a couple of time since the introduction of this patch, also reintroduced bugs Tab screen up having finished loading into the map, and the flashing join group icon when first game loaded.

#2 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

Crashrrior Offline, indeed. But never mind you can buy bunch of new mechs! Especially an empty skull idea piranha with 12 mgs! :D

#3 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

I'm on daily and might get the dreaded ghost drop once every 6 months or so because we all got dc'd.
On friday I got dc'd 1 time.
On saturday I got dc'd 3 times sent the crash reports and a filed bug report at the end of it all.
But last night I was on for +3 hours without any problems.

#4 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

I get the "GPU unsupported" message, which worked with bypassing on a simple OK once.
I used to leave this up and running for a week+, now I can't get it to get back into an ongoing match.
All crash reports being sent, along with running the 'fix' tool.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

The GPU unsupported message was a simply update in a text file to prevent the game from generating that popup message. Someone has copy/pasted info from a unsupported GPU...

To test something, after patching the game, drill down to your MWO folder to the Bin32 and run MWOClient.exe, this runs the 32bit version (bypasses the patcher ) and test. It reduces the amount of memory MWO will have access to. PGI removed the need to add command lines to it to make it run. You can also right click on it, send to Desktop (as shortcut).

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 30 January 2018 - 08:42 PM.

#6 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Tarl. It seems that this isn't something predictable yet, as sometimes MWO just crashes out no matter the memory available. I got through a faction play yesterday without it going down then after the match was over - crash. And now it seems we are back to crashing repeatedly, preventing rejoining an ongoing match.

I know my rig is capable of running this solidly (for about a year, ran MWO, another MMO game, twitch, browsers, and streaming video capture while monitoring memory, fps, gpu, etc.) since it does fine with everything else.

Also running the repair tool comes up with 'Could not determine target from command line. Closing...'. Fresh install, crashes multiple times - sometimes with 'run repair tool', and still can't keep it stable.

Edited by MaradrX, 03 February 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#7 RDECKARD NEXUS 6

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:43 AM

ALCON,

I too am getting the unsupported GPU...running a NVidia GTX1070 without issue until the patch...it displays but is unusable (HUGE TEXT, can see a few letters accross whole screen...lol not even sure what that resolution would be)....any suggestions...tech page is saying this is a Win Updater issue and they don't currently have a fix....at present the game is not playable....any advice would be greatly appreciated....as for PGI...i got other games to hold my attention...(hint hint)....NVidia is a sponsored partner with you folks...get this fixed ASAP (unless its a "user headspace and timing error" wherein i'll say mea culpa and i'm a tech ludite!)

(Context: I was recently pushing out other games DCS/Steel Beasts/Battlefront titles....to a my big flatscreen TV...is there a chance other settings were messed with in the course of doing that, which can be reset, defaulted to or otherwise correct??)

"Standing by to Stand by......" o7

Edited by RDECKARD NEXUS 6, 03 February 2018 - 07:44 AM.

#8 RDECKARD NEXUS 6

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Ok,

After some tinkering....it appears that when i was pushing out to my flat screen TV (for giggles), GSynch was enabled...as I was backtracking thru any changes made to my system after the patch...I reset all of the NVidia defaults etc...rebooted MWO and it displays properly now...could be coincidence, could be the cause (on my system anyway) BUT if it helps (and you where having the same issue) disable GSynch and restart and see it that works....again, just a SWAG on my part...as it was the only real setting change (to video) that i had done over the past few days...no DCs as of the last hour (regarding other folks issues post patch)

v/r
MC

Edited by RDECKARD NEXUS 6, 03 February 2018 - 08:57 AM.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

What are your system configuration? Is any OC at all, if not directly then hitting Performance in the Bios, etc?

Generally crashing to desktop is an indicator a driver issue or a component(s) not being stable. I would suggest downloading Prime95 and HWMonitor and run Prime95 blended torture test for 30 minutes while using HWMonitor to keep an eye on temps and such.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 February 2018 - 10:00 AM.

#10 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

If your using nVidia make sure the nVidia Experience is borking your settings automagically...

480x 5760 is ridiculously Doom'esc and had me laughing my caboose off last driver update.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

Oh yes, Geforce Experience... /chuckles Just looking at the Optimal Game settings for MWO, more like freaking aggressive game settings to ensure 20FPS or less in the heat of battle on one of my lower end Intel systems w/1050..., geez... might be fine if I was literally playing only with and by myself....

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 February 2018 - 07:57 PM.

#12 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 03 February 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Oh yes, Geforce Experience... /chuckles Just looking at the Optimal Game settings for MWO, more like freaking aggressive game settings to ensure 20FPS or less in the heat of battle on one of my lower end Intel systems w/1050..., geez... might be fine if I was literally playing only with and by myself....

I barely get 20FPS on any map where I can see a mech... (usually drops to 10 or worse if there are missiles or autocannon fire) I still manage to have extremely decent stats.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 04 February 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#13 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:43 AM

Latest update for me: I uninstalled Twitch & Xsplit (capture software) and now I can get MWO and all other combos to run in a stable fashion. It seems twitch+xsplit with the new MWO was causing a memory anomaly with my machine, so perhaps I need to find a replacement for just xsplit.

#14 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

OBS might be a better option for you...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users