Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Hello all,

Here is my current Deathstrike build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...85fea351be848eb

I believe it's close to standard one, 2xcGR, 2xcHLL, 4xcERML. It's build to be effective at range (mostly using GR and HLL) with some additional alpha from er-meds and fit my 'fight at medium/long range' style.

The issue is that it's HOT. While I can be ok at cold maps with some heat management, my performance is noticeable dropping on hot maps.

There is no free slots of weight to replace erML to Med Pulses, but I do have a feeling that something should be changed. Any ideas/suggestions?

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5155cbc64f5a79c
See if this works. Swapped the HLL and ERML for MPL, another heat sink and a targeting computer. Alternatively you can put hoverjets back on in case you get tripped by small boulders.
If the HLL weren't so infernally hot, your build might work well, but unfortunately they generate more heat than a hundred burning suns

#3 Hegan

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Tried that. Need more testing, but results are mixed.

I am not overheating on hot maps for sure, but a bit missing ability to deliver more damage at range. Probably I can adapt my style (Alpine peaks will be hard).

Tried to remove TC and (with one gauss ammo pack) and add two more MPL, was also good. Need some heat management on hottest maps, but it's much more manageable. Need to see if I can be ok with just 48 gauss rounds and no TC range bonus.

#4 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Either of these two. Everything else is heresy :)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9384b3ff78b3cf3
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8d3636858b6ae09

#5 Hegan

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 30 January 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Actually, I just spent the evening, enjoing MPLs (match damage was in ~550-950 range, no consumables)
Can you please explain these builds?
I can see that one with erLL is as hot as my original build, but with less alpha/dps. Difference is some range from erLL and JJ.
Second build do have slightly better optimal range vs MPL (partly covered by TC), but lower sustained dps. And of course JJ.

Probably I am nooby enough to get a good use of JJ, as I almost never used them in stock DS build. It cant jump high and usually I am not stuck in small boulders.

Are these builds for FW/CP? Asking cause my sniping attempts in QP are usually worse vs fighting in group at mid range.

#6 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

First one - with skileed heat gen and operations it’s the highest gauss-vomit alpha you can put on this thing that can deal them one straight after another with almost same weapon cooldown, laser duration and more importantly without getting overheated. Which means 160 damage in like 6 second if you were at 0 heat. Also you have some good long range potential, but optimal is of course under 500m. Second one trades this alpha for less range but way better sustain and some more speed.

#7 Hegan

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Interesting. I do have heat trees maxed so I will check it (also will check if I can double alpha my HLL build)

#8 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

I think the problem is tied to the Heavy Larges. They have great dps, but the hidden heat burden is tremendous. Your Gauss are good at range, but the two systems don't overlap well. ER Larges will hit at the same ranges as the Gauss. Most people are giving you ER Medium and Medium Pulse solutions so you can manage heat better.
The Quest for DPS is great, but it has to be sustainable dps to matter.

#9 Hegan

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

That's right. HLL are very hot. I tried - I can't double alpha with them. Even on cold maps.

However, the build with 2xERLLs and ERMLs is almost same in terms of heat (and no double alpha on hottest maps)

I really enjoyed the build with 4xMPLs and TC - high sustained dps and no heat issues at all. Not tried yet the build with 6xERMLs (larger engine is expensive and I do not like the idea to run it with current engine and unused weight). The initial HLL build is not so shiny anymore :)

#10 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Really the only truly effective deathstrike build that ive fought was 2HLL+4ERML+2GR, since it has the best combination of alfa strike, sustained DPS (not far below the 2uac5+2uac10 model), mobility (goes 64.8), and general scaryness (no other build scares people as much as that one).

Alternatively if you want more mobility/cooling, you can go with the 6 ERML build, but in my opinion it isnt all that great since it just doesnt have the alfa strike to put someone down right then and there. That said, it is still 72 damage per shot, and it is sustainable, so if you really dont like to be patient and find yourself cooking the HLLs too much, it may be a better build for you regardless of being less meta.

Pretty much everything else can be done on the other models better, since gauss+PPC benefits the B's actuators the most, and well you only have 2 cannon slots so forget about UAC spam (and well missiles suck so theres that).

Edited by panzer1b, 07 February 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Den's builds are the way to go. Don't use HLL.

#12 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:23 AM

View PostHegan, on 30 January 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

I can see that one with erLL is as hot as my original build, but with less alpha/dps.

He already gave you an explanation, but ERLL are not nearly as hot as HLL. It's just another means to bring your alpha heat down without killing your range, at the cost (of course) of alpha damage. It's extremely likely that your heat-adjusted DPS is higher with the ERLL than with the HLL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users