Should I Buy A Mad Cat Ii?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Torothin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

Hi Guys,

I like to run laser, PPC, and Gauss builds. Is this a good mech for that? I currently own a MAD-IIC-D and it's ok but not ideal due to the weapon load outs. What can I expect from a Mad Cat and what variant should I go with? I am more of a ranged player than a CQC kind of guy. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you in advance.

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Just curious, why do you say that the MAD-IIC doesn't have an ideal weapon loadout? That chassis would actually have been my first recommendation instead of the Mad Cat II

#3 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

I'd say the Mad Cat MKII-1 is a good dual gauss + laser vomit build. Although the Death Strike does it better but the MCII-1 can be bought with C-Bills rather than the Death Strike that you would need MC.
The Mad Cat MKII have ok mobility and all of its hard point is in the goldilock range ;)
They are not as tanky as the Marauder IIC though, so don't expect to last long once the enemy start focusing on you.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

MC-1 is boss. 2 Gauss / 4T ammo combined with 2HLL, 2cERML & a JJ.

Doing about 65km/h, huge firepower. Fill it with cDHS and max firepower/ops trees and you are laughing.

#5 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

MCII-1 is like a Night Gyr with higher DPS/alpha but with less JJs. GaussVomit-wise, of course.

#6 Torothin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

I like the Maurauder but hate its hard points. I bought the MCII-1 per ya'lls suggestions. As of right now I am runnign 2 Gauss, 2 HLL, and 2 MLs. At first I hated it. I regretted the buy decision. After about 15 games though it is growing on me and I am really starting to like it. It seems to do better in large open maps. Debating replacing the Gauss with dual AC/20s but that means I need to play a more closer range game and absorb some hits in the process. Is the AC/20 better than the dual gauss set up?

#7 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

Gauss vomit works because the hot lasers are paired with ice cold gauss rifles.

If you want to pack dual (U)AC/20 then you need to tone down the lasers by putting 4 MPLs, for example.

#8 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

You said that you like to play with lasers, PPC, and gauss but maybe try the MCII-B with 2UAC/10+2UAC/5. I find that dakka is oftentimes easier to play than gauss vomit, not to mention that you can push with it.

#9 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

MCII-1 is the current best model in terms of meta IF you discount p2w hero. Your build is good, and i run the same loadout. I have 2GR, 2HLL, 2ERML, 18DHS, and a XL-365 in it (many swear by JJs but ive never found a single JJ to be useful on a assault or heavy).

If you want to venture away from gauss vomit, the MCII-B is fairly solid with its dakka loadout (albeit you REALLY need to have it maxed in skills to use it well, too hot and jam prone otherwise). Im not quite that good with dakka, and i do get my share of terrible RNG and games where i get a quad jam at the worst possible time, but generally speaking it puts out stupid amounts of damage thats not hard to put where it needs to go and evicerates anything thats not super agile and able to actually evade your fire at longer distances.

Everything else is either so stupidly niche it only works when the stars allign, or relies on missiles which are (at least in my opinion) THE WORST weapon system in the game overall. LRMs are pointless, super spread/missed damage, and its about as effective as chain firing small lasers, SRMs are short range, spread everywhere unless you are at 10m, and have bad hitreg, ATMs are prolly the best on clan, but even those are countered easily by a good player by either abusing the min range or just staying out of that 300m deathzone past which they may as well be LRMs.

Edited by panzer1b, 07 February 2018 - 02:13 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users