Looking For A Unit?

9 replies to this topic

#1 FaTaLLiMiT

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

So hey, been playing a bit now, got 4 mechs (happy with all but one of my picks so far XD) And iv been getting alot of feedback from people on the forums about gameplay, different mechs and stuff. Im getting to the point where I would really like to do something more organised, or atleast with some friends or something?

I have no idea where to look, as the vast majority of Units (i hope unit is the correct term, pretty sure its the same as a guild/clan in other games) seem to be very professional and goal orientated. Me? Well, id still consider myself a new player, so would just like to meet a group of players who wouldn't mind playing together or something? I would love to participate in the faction warfare mode, sounds super interesting (luckily all my 4 mechs are all IS without me realising it, still wish there was an easier way to tell the 2 apart) and my next 4 will likely be clan mechs so I can atleast take part in both sides if needed?

I dunno, would just really like to get more involved in the game and the community of players :) Occasionally someone in QP will strike up a conversation and have some fun and laughs, but thats about it.

#2 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

Honestly, go into the merc forums and find a group there. You probably won't enjoy the clan loyalists that much.

#3 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:30 PM

I'm not sure why Naglinator thinks you wouldn't enjoy clan loyalists. That being said without having a clan deck you'll be pretty limited in your participation and even if you are checking Inner Sphere units I think you'll find the 4 mechs (whatever they are) may not meet your drop deck needs either.

You probably need to track down some units playing in QP and ask if their unit is recruiting, if they want to group up, etc. You might also try hanging out in LFG and see who picks you up. TeamSpeak seems to be the flavor of coms so be sure you have it installed.

FW is a confusing mess for a new player and entirely unforgiving. Feel free to message me if you're hell bent on clans. :)

#4 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostQ, on 02 January 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm not sure why Naglinator thinks you wouldn't enjoy clan loyalists. That being said without having a clan deck you'll be pretty limited in your participation and even if you are checking Inner Sphere units I think you'll find the 4 mechs (whatever they are) may not meet your drop deck needs either.

You probably need to track down some units playing in QP and ask if their unit is recruiting, if they want to group up, etc. You might also try hanging out in LFG and see who picks you up. TeamSpeak seems to be the flavor of coms so be sure you have it installed.

FW is a confusing mess for a new player and entirely unforgiving. Feel free to message me if you're hell bent on clans. Posted Image

Experience. Choose your own poison Fatal, just trying to help you out.

#5 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Join bacon.

#6 Greygor 727

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 103 posts
  • LocationDisney World

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

November11th, Love your Tag Line!!!

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 02 January 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

Honestly, go into the merc forums and find a group there. You probably won't enjoy the clan loyalists that much.

Nag's is right TBH. Most loyalist clan units have boiled down to one of two things...

1. Gen / Objective rush for the sake of "W/L ratio". So no actual shooting mechs... Which is what MWO is about. If there are no objectives to "rush" they will generally hide in a corner of a map or their drop zone. quite possibly the most boring/pathetic way to play a FPS/MWO.

2. Pretty much load up on LRMs/ATMs all the time (and thus, lose often to teams without them.).

Merc units generally have far better players, drop callers and will actually seek to improve their player abilities. Builds and so on.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule...
-BO- are a good bunch and EU based. A good place to start, nice and friendly and can / will shoot.
R79T (Jade Falcon) aren't too bad but NFI if they have EU guys though.

I'm not totally familiar with a lot of the EU units overall.

#8 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:43 AM

R79T should have some EU guys, they used to be in IDI.

BO is good.

Bacon is mostly NA but they have some good folks as well.

Granted, I'm pretty easy going so I seem to get along with most everyone... Except Devlincognito, I can't stand that guy! Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by MovinTarget, 10 January 2018 - 05:46 AM.

#9 FrostyBurn

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

We (R79T) do have some EU guys and it is growing a bit. It is hard to find reliable EU units (that talk english) so come by r79t.teamspeak3.com to chat with us.

#10 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

View PostGreygor 727, on 09 January 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

November11th, Love your Tag Line!!!

Thanks! My unit is full of hilarious people who are also super super serious sometimes lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users