- - - - -

Command Console Vs Tc1&bap

5 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

Guys I really just started playing IS mechs again. What is the Command Console? Is it better than an IS TC1 and BAP?

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:49 AM

The command console boosts your sensors in the same way the Targeting Computer does (stat wise it's comparable to a TC-V) but it does not offer the projectile/beam range/crit boosts.

Generally, BAP+TC1 is considered superior as it weighs less and give's better stats than the CC would on it's own. The downside is it takes 3 slots but you can split them 2/1.

Now TC3 vs CC is a different fish. It boils down to your weapon loadout. If your primary weapons benefit from the TC use it, if not CC.

At TC5 you're comparing against the CC+BAP so it's sensors vs. weapon bonuses.... you should already know where you're going with this build.

~Sometimes I put in a CC just so I feel like it's a command mech. But that's me building mechs 'in universe' and not min-maxing.~

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Being a Clan player I was used to using at least a TC1, but IS tech is new to me again. BAP+TC1 sounds like better than CC.

#4 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

@ op

Ignore the command console -- its leftover crap. go TC1 and BAP and you are better than a Command console.

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 13 February 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

@ op

Ignore the command console -- its leftover crap. go TC1 and BAP and you are better than a Command console.

Great to know.

#6 Dragons Bereft

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:54 AM

ive gone so far as to save up the BOKU price of the Command Console (CC) and paired it up with a Beagle Active Probe (BAP) or Clan Active Probe (CAP) to see if I noticed any Gain Time boosts, and there was. And it was good! A nice throwback to the old days of 'finally, I don't have to wait 4evr to lock on anymore! Then, I noticed the game developers introduced the Mk 1-whatever replacements to the CC. Most versatile...

Later on, I was just curious what a MK4 and a BAP would look like on the field. There, I was impressed! so, I cut into my ammo a slight bit under 1,800 ammo but I traded 1 ton of ammo for 1 more ton of sensor, and, even if my team looses on QP, I still walk away with 150k, non premium time.

Of course, everything I just put here was just for example, hypothetical attempt to explain my own experiences with the varying sensor computers. But then again, not everyone has Jump Jets on their Catapults, either. Way more fun than hill climb in my honest opinion. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users