3 replies to this topic

#1 Argoz

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

I'm having trouble capturing screenshots in 2018. I thought i had a bunch made but they aren't there.
My last screenshots were from 2017-12-30, so i know it worked recently.
Located in this folder C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots

I've tried mapping the key to a different key and also tried to alt+enter to see if that made a difference. No dice.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Make sure you are running MWO with admin rights...Right click on the folder, and check properties. Uncheck the Read Only. Rename the screenshot folder. Log into game and hit the Print Screen button. It should automatically create a new folder with that screen shot. Just tested that last one.

#3 Argoz

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Hi Tarl.
Did all of the above. It did create a new screenshots folder however it remains emtpy. I've no idea what's going on.
I also took ownership of the entire mechwarrior folder and subfolders in order to remove read-only attribute.
Each time i removed the read-only attribute it was immediately put back on. I tabbed back and forth between MWO and the folder.

But if MWO can create folders it should be able to write into that folder as well.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Okay.. question.. have you recently added any new programs or updates any programs that handles pictures? Or any additional programs that are running in the background? There may be something running that is relocating those pictures to another folder.

Do a search of your entire computer for MWO 01 or MWO 02, something along the line of the MWO with the date and timestamp...

Windows 10?

One quick way to search would be to left click on the Start Button then type in MWO, some of the selections should say Photos (7+) and click on that.

The other would be to open up a File Explorer and type in MWO in the search section, since that will show locations in folders and such.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users