Clash Of The Titans!

75 replies to this topic

#1 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

Guys? I think the FW community deserves to know who the best FW team is....beyond the leaderboard. EVIL, BCMC, and KCom are the big 3. Which one is the best? These 3 units are synonamous with FW. Forget units like 228. They aren't FW units, and not something I think anybody in FW would give two sh!ts about. Now, a match between either of the big 3, on the other hand, would be a real treat for our little community. I'd give my right nut to see it. And, I'm sure we could rally up a decent prize pool. In fact, put me down for $20. My only question is why the hell something like this hasn't already been proposed??

#2 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

Not to bad mouth kcom, but I can't remember the last time we list, at least when I was in the group. There could very well be matches left and right that I was not in. Also, I don't think anyone would want to watch kcom try and get rush us, because that's every invasion we play vs them.

It would also depend on which people we fielded, there is a large range of skill now. :P

#3 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 31 January 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Not to bad mouth kcom, but I can't remember the last time we list, at least when I was in the group. There could very well be matches left and right that I was not in. Also, I don't think anyone would want to watch kcom try and get rush us, because that's every invasion we play vs them.

It would also depend on which people we fielded, there is a large range of skill now. Posted Image

I'd love to see BCMC's best (meaning me watching from sidelines) against old school Evil guys.

Let's be honest, our rise as a unit people respect, is tied to our battles with Evil and especially when we became a threat to win games.

Also I disagree with the OP about 228. Lurm God and a group play a lot, just not in BCMC's time. Matches against larger 228 groups tend to be on par to facing your guys better teams.

D5 (they have Juju and Bear Claw for crying out loud) if more active would be quite a force. 54MR and Ash have to considered as a force as well.

Kcom right now is not very active, and I think it has been a while since they beat us.

#4 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

Sucks that fp style games cant be done in private lobby. Private lobby match wont show whos best at fp.

The three teams have very close matches that go back and forth wave to wave.

Generally speaking in recent meetings its been EVIL>BCMC>KCOM. With any team capable of coming out on top on a good day.

#5 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Kcom drops at a different time so it’s unlikely they’ll run into Evil.

I’d put my H-K boys up against anyone... except we don’t even have 12.

#6 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

View Post0regon, on 31 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I'd give my right nut to see it.

Ok but how big is your right nut and what is it's equivalent price in bananas?

#7 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 31 January 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Kcom drops at a different time so it’s unlikely they’ll run into Evil.

I’d put my H-K boys up against anyone... except we don’t even have 12.

You guys are very well respected and if you had 12, would have certainly been brought up, especially if they were of the same quality you currently enjoy.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

If only there was a document that ranked units...

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

We haven't dropped a full 12 more than a couple of times in months. Doesn't help. Then again most units are in the same space.

I can speak to back in the day 12 v 12s but thats been a while. It's tough to gauge 6+friends+pugs vs 8+pugs matches.

We talking 12 v 12 or just whoever is on?

#10 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

It would also depend on which people we fielded, there is a large range of skill now. :P

The skill gap is decreasing all the time. Croaker and I are working hard to get everyone where they should be. I suggest you check out devil fox YouTube channel. The last time we ran into kcom 10 plus was without you and we knocked them off it what amounted to two good matches and 1 blow out. I would say BCMC is at this point playing at a higher level than kcom. We ran into BCMC twice the other night and split with them. I would say map and mode matters in that fight.

#11 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Hobbles usually streams as well, not sure if he was on for the most recent BCMC/EVIL matches but his stream is here:

https://m.twitch.tv/hobblestv

#12 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

EVIL's days as the top dog are numbered.

#13 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Praise Tanner, but I will defile his graciousness as needed. :)

Edited by McGoat, 31 January 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#14 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 31 January 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Sucks that fp style games cant be done in private lobby. Private lobby match wont show whos best at fp.

Other than the players themselves recording it from first person, not having the FP maps, Siege mode or the ability to use drop decks in Private lobby is a bit of a bummer.
Being able to spectate and see the whole battle from that perspective would probably be entertaining and would certainly do a lot for demonstrating the play in the mode.

If we dig through the threads I'm sure there are probably a dozen requests to get the Private Lobby updated for this functionality.

@PGI Can we? Anyone? Bueller?

#15 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

View Post50 50, on 31 January 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Other than the players themselves recording it from first person, not having the FP maps, Siege mode or the ability to use drop decks in Private lobby is a bit of a bummer.
Being able to spectate and see the whole battle from that perspective would probably be entertaining and would certainly do a lot for demonstrating the play in the mode.

If we dig through the threads I'm sure there are probably a dozen requests to get the Private Lobby updated for this functionality.

@PGI Can we? Anyone? Bueller?

People have been asking for that for years now for training and all sorts of other stuff. And PGI has responded with
But hey dont worry, SOONtm you'll be able to bolt a useless sword to you Kodiak.

#16 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Palfa/Promowar/Kai/Vorteex/Loken/Cheekiez/4x20/Serial/Zel/Waytosexy/Replika/SCAR.

Thats a scary as **** 12 man, just gonna leave that there.

#17 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 31 January 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Palfa/Promowar/Kai/Vorteex/Loken/Cheekiez/4x20/Serial/Zel/Waytosexy/Replika/SCAR.

Only scary if you pay attention. I'm never scurred cause I literally have no idea what's happening till theres robots to shoot. :)

Edited by ccrider, 31 January 2018 - 06:36 PM.

#18 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

Hobbles/Lovas/Daylan/r4zen/javin/trademark/W4R GOD/Jables/Sodamocles/mercil3ss/Zangief79/Soapy Squirrel/

Thats a scary as **** 12 man, Just gonna leave that here.

#19 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

It would also depend on which people we fielded, there is a large range of skill now. Posted Image

Secretly I was thinking BCMC and EVIL too. But, I included Kcom because they've always rolled any team I was on when we went up against them. However, I wasn't aware that they objective rush you guys. That would pretty much rule them out, because I think most of us would want to see an all out and out slug fest.

View Postr4zen, on 31 January 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Ok but how big is your right nut and what is it's equivalent price in bananas?

Both of mine are just your average, run-of-the-mill nuts. And, honestly, I don't have a clue what the going rate on used nuts are. I suppose I could check google. Maybe there's a Kelly ********** website on there I didn't know about ;-p

View PostHobbles v, on 31 January 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

It's totally doable. 10 vs 10; two streamers on each side that eject their mechs, and then spectate the rest of the match. I could write PGI and ask them if they'd allow us to do that.

But, even if PGI said no to that, it would be a great experience to see the two top FW teams duke it out on any platform. I can't speak for the rest of the community, but I'd watch that match over the super bowl any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

#20 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Ya, that's true. And in all fairness, BCMC doesn't quite have the same pool of potential players as EVIL does. But, we could supplement BCMC's team with a couple of "All Stars" from other units. EVIL's team would 'technically' still have the advantage as they've all run together before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users