Does The Game Penalize Players Who Report Against Verbal Harassers?

36 replies to this topic

#1 James Saxon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Seems like that's the case, I can't hear voip sometimes after reporting against some flipped out ranter

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

No, the game does not.

#3 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

HA! ok to answer, no. but i thought of a really off color/ bad taste... joke? pun? idk. ill just shut up.

#4 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Dunno i reported a scumbag yesterday and now my wait times are massive, before the report i was fine...

#5 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Those longer wait times could be due to that player you reported was queued before you and the system won't match you against them again for a certain amount of time.

#6 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,068 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

voip in game is crud. Half the time people sound like they are a mile away from the mic using shoe string and soup cans. Other times they have a very thick accent. Voip's you could just mute or turn off.

#7 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

If PGI can't find the motivation to put resources into things like Faction Play updates or regular map development, what on Earth would make you think they would take the time and effort to develop ways to identify and penalize people who use the report function. That's illogical and paranoid. (sorry for being blunt).

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostJames Saxon, on 01 February 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

Seems like that's the case, I can't hear voip sometimes after reporting against some flipped out ranter

I've come to the conclusion that the report function is just a placebo to make the offended side feel better, cose' I don't see any actual repercussions for being reported, or for reporting..

Also, VOIP is buggy... sometimes people can hear me, but I get no glowing name thingy at the bottom of the screen, sometimes the game kicks me back to homescreen or even to desktop, and I still hear VOIP.. it's not uncommon.

#9 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 February 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

sometimes the game kicks me back to homescreen or even to desktop, and I still hear VOIP.. it's not uncommon.

as i understand it, the game connects you to a teamspeak3 server via some embedding-.dll
a crashed client wont disconnect you properly

#10 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:13 AM

The reporting system probably doesn't even do anything whatsoever, which is why when it comes up in the forums you still get told to screenshots/vid capture and send and email.

The finding a match problem might be due to trying to find a match in Oceanic with the 8 other players on that server hoping to catch someone that hasn't unchecked it to hit Play Now.

#11 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

No you dont. VOIP might be faulty on your end. I doubt that PGI has the ressources to act at every report.

#12 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:23 AM

There are people that have been banned.
Usually they are back with an alt account.
Let's say the player called jesus duplicate gets banned, there's nothing that's gonna stop him to return under the name git gud.
Sad but true.

#13 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:07 AM

OP, I doubt it: PGI can't even fix simple things; let alone, the toxic culture all video games create. Naw, we should test this one day and say "la la la la la la" all match long on VOIP and see how long it takes PGI to actually respond to the "reports"......

Or, PGI could provide us an answer today...........because we are their customers and are concerned and curious.....Oh, that's right, they don't read this forum anymore...... (a test in and of iteslf, let's see !)

#14 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

No it doesn't.

Not only that but the game completely fails to recognise people on your block list, so you have to red X them on voip, after they've been blocked.

Well constructed games, don't allow the Match Maker to put you on the same team or against a player you've blocked.

This one not only fails in that sense but you have to manually shut off their viop or risk listening to their bad attitude all over again

#15 James Saxon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

I guess it was a coincidence on my side, eventually I learned that my graphic card update was interfering with playback device... >_>

Anyway thanks guys for clarifying this for me :D

#16 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostJames Saxon, on 02 February 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I guess it was a coincidence on my side, eventually I learned that my graphic card update was interfering with playback device... >_>

Anyway thanks guys for clarifying this for me Posted Image

Yea I get that sometimes. THe game just chooses a different device or otherwise stops using the right one properly.

#17 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Not unless you record it and send it in via email to the moderators.

View PostSamial, on 01 February 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Dunno i reported a scumbag yesterday and now my wait times are massive, before the report i was fine...

You're kidding right?

You don't actually think the two are related....

If you do, can you share your insight on pawg matches???

#18 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostTaffer, on 02 February 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostJames Saxon, on 02 February 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Anyway thanks guys for clarifying this for me Posted Image

Yea I get that sometimes. THe game just chooses a different device or otherwise stops using the right one properly.

Sounds like Windows Updates to your Drivers are happening. Sadly, this tends to compromise systems and cause things to stop functioning properly. Reinstall your system's Devices with Manufacturer-created Drivers instead. Disable that bloody Windows Update from messing with your computer's Driver Files. Otherwise, this issue will just keep on happening... I'm sure you don't want that. :(

~D. V. "seeing this problem happen to far too many people" Devnull

#19 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

View PostCathy, on 02 February 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

No it doesn't.

Not only that but the game completely fails to recognise people on your block list, so you have to red X them on voip, after they've been blocked.

Well constructed games, don't allow the Match Maker to put you on the same team or against a player you've blocked.

This one not only fails in that sense but you have to manually shut off their viop or risk listening to their bad attitude all over again

No, wrong, and absolutely not. Good design doesn't allow players to block players for whatever whim they might have and then try to build matches based on everything it does now, then to compare it against a block list?

Seriously that's daft. I have seen you around here lots and you generally are solid, so this must be one of those heat of the moment things you didn't think through.

Oh, and a while ago PGI fixed it (at least for me) where blocked players are muted permanently as well, so I didn't have to mute the same folks every game. I appreciate this fix.

And that's what blocking should do. Eliminate back and forth or having to hear or see nonsense. Blocking any other way would be a mess. Players blocking lrm guys, meta guys, better players..... Total dumpster fire.

#20 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:42 AM

View Posttker 669, on 02 February 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

Not unless you record it and send it in via email to the moderators.

You're kidding right?

You don't actually think the two are related....

If you do, can you share your insight on pawg matches???

I have no idea what a pawg is? its a little ugly dog right...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users