Release Is Omnimechs

14 replies to this topic

Poll: IS Omnimechs (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the IS get their Omnis?

1. Yes, it's about time. (18 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, keep it the way it is (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

With all the new mechs coming out, I think it is time to release the IS Omnimechs. The thought of not adding them in because of the fact that they would just be carbon copies of the Clans is a farce statement that I find hypocritical at this point. Sure, I may be clan, but I welcome the challenge of seeing them in the game someday. Here are some reasons for why they should be in the game.

1. Clan BattleMechs
The Clans can have both Omnimechs and BattleMechs, but the Spheroids can't have their own Omnimechs? If the fear of adding IS Omnimechs is that they will copy the clans, then take a look at the Origins Mechs. They are mostly IS IIC Refits with a clan feel. The current Clan BattleMechs (minus the IIC part) are the same way. So, therefore, the IS Omnis would be Clan Omnis, but with IS flavor.

Here is what the factions have now:

Inner Sphere
BattleMechs

Clans
BattleMechs
OmniMechs

Do you see how hypocritical this is?

2. Weapons and Equipment
We all know that IS Omnimechs will use IS equipment, so I do not see how this would be a copy/paste problem. Barring the new weapons such as MRMs, Heavy and Light Gauss Rifles, and Rotary ACs, the IS has been given Clan equivalents to match up to the clans weapons.

What the Inner Sphere would get with the Civil War Tech (again, barring the new tech)
ER Medium Laser
ER Small Laser
Streak SRM 6
Streak SRM 4
LB-20-X Autocannon
LB-5-X Autocannon
LB-2-X Autocannon
Ultra Autocannon/20
Ultra Autocannon/10
Ultra Autocannon/2

What the Inner Sphere has now (minus the regular lasers)
ER PPC
Large Pulse Laser
Medium Pulse Laser
Small Pulse Laser
ER Large Laser
ER Medium Laser
ER Small Laser
LRM 20
LRM 15
LRM 10
LRM 5
Streak SRM 6
Streak SRM 4
Streak SRM 2
SRM 6
SRM 4
SRM 2
LB-20-X Autocannon
LB-10-X Autocannon
LB-5-X Autocannon
LB-2-X Autocannon
Ultra Autocannon/20
Ultra Autocannon/10
Ultra Autocannon/5
Ultra Autocannon/2
Autocannon/20
Autocannon/10
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/2
Machine Gun

What the Clans had before Civil War Tech
ER PPC
Large Pulse Laser
Medium Pulse Laser
Small Pulse Laser
ER Large Laser
ER Medium Laser
ER Small Laser
LRM 20
LRM 15
LRM 10
LRM 5
Streak SRM 6
Streak SRM 4
Streak SRM 2
SRM 6
SRM 4
SRM 2
LB-20-X Autocannon
LB-10-X Autocannon
LB-5-X Autocannon
LB-2-X Autocannon
Ultra Autocannon/20
Ultra Autocannon/10
Ultra Autocannon/5
Ultra Autocannon/2
Autocannon/20
Autocannon/10
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/2
Machine Gun

3. Timeline
During the early to late 3050’s, the IS have been taking the salvage they have gotten from the Clans to modernize their own armies. OmniMech technology for the IS didn't start till 3051 with the Raptor. Even the other Battlemechs took some inspiration from Clan mechs, like the Bushwacker being fixed from salvaged Mad Dog parts and the Viper is the basis for the Osiris. Even IS Omnis could be considered as equivalents to their clan counterparts like the Avatar and Mad Dog or the Hauptmann and Dire Wolf (minus some tonnage differences) for example.

4. Decent Contenders
Despite having an XL Engine being the Achilles heel of most IS Omnis, I can see some contenders from the Omnis. With some good hardpoints and a flexible combination, I can see some IS Omnis rival the clan ones. I could possibly see a Templar go toe-to-toe with a Blood Asp due to their similar hardpoints.

Experiment with the Battle Cobra and use it as the basis for IS Omnimechs and release them side by side in a mech pack with its Clan counterpart, just like the Arctic Wolf’s Battlemech and Omnimech variants. It has decent timewise variants.

Battle Cobra (IS variants):
Posted Image
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2O (3063)
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OA (3063)
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OB (3063)
Battle Cobra BTL-C-2OD (3069)

Edited by Will9761, 07 February 2018 - 05:24 PM.

#2 MechanicalWraith

• PipPip
  • Gunsho
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

As a wise man must've said at some point, "New stuff's always good." I can't think of a good reason not to add IS Omnimechs.

Regarding the XL 'weakness' - IS Omnimechs will naturally have insanely high quirk buffs, base stats like torso pitch/yaw limits/speed and small hitboxes - just like IS Battlemechs in-game currently... All things that make tanking and spreading damage easier for IS mechs in general.

Ultimately he best way to balance Clan vs IS is to break down the walls and allow Mixtech, 3067 is not too early. MW4 had perfect balance without quirks or sneaky hitbox warfare (although they did abstract engines into one linear upgrade scale).

#3 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 492 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:28 PM

I agree with both of you. The game needs to grow and advance (and maybe finally squash some lingering bugs) and get better in order to survive. The main problem is that it is still owned by PGI who are biased, incompetent and seem to only care about the money rolling in. So odds are, we are going to have to wait until PGI sells the game to see some real improvements. I only hope that it happens soon and the guys who buy it actually do it right for a change.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 06 February 2018 - 11:29 PM.

#4 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

Yeah, personally I think it's about time to see some IS Omnimechs already. PGI's reason to not add them in because they would copy the clans is a pretty invalid excuse at this point. If they were worried about that before, then why did they give the clans BattleMechs? Besides, they already copied the clan tech when they decided to make Light Fusion Engines and give out IS equivalents of clan weapons. PGI should just give the IS their omnis and stop trying to hide them behind false claims on why not to add them.

Edited by Will9761, 07 February 2018 - 06:39 AM.

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 592 posts
  • Location"ATMs are worthless with their current missile health and minimum range"

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

I think your weapon comparison lists are a bit lacking... I can't find a regular PPC on Clan side anywhere, only the ERPPC. In addition, IS has the the Light and Heavy PPCs. (i kinda figured you meant those two in the "new arrivals" part though)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 07 February 2018 - 12:05 PM.

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, I meant to show the new arrivals to show how the IS has been brought up with the clan weapons.

Edited by Will9761, 07 February 2018 - 01:23 PM.

#7 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

OWENS MECH WHEN?

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

As soon as PGI can stop being biased towards IS Omnis.

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

All the IS Omnis need are Armor and Internal Structure quirks to compensate for having locked XL engines.

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:43 PM

bump

#11 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

The main problem is that if PGI introduced IS omni's, they would then be forced to redo omnimechs altogether. Another way PGI is sticking it to the Clans is by locking up slots in select omnipods to prevent us from using them or restricting the size of the weapons we can put in them on top of the locked engines and armor/internal. Those restrictions would make IS omni's unplayable and thus they would then be forced to redo omnimechs altogether which is too hard for them to do. So no IS omni's. Not anytime soon anyway.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 10 February 2018 - 11:07 PM.

#12 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

If PGI wanted IS and Clans to be unique in the first place, they never should have added clan Battlemechs to begin with. So I still don’t see why they should copy/patse the formula of Clan Omnis to the IS ones.

#13 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

Well if they gave IS omni's special advantages like floating armor/internal slots rather than fixed like ours along with being able to change them however they want, that would be blatantly bias towards the IS and against the Clans. We all know that PGI is bias towards the IS, but they are trying to not make it that obvious.

#14 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Still, don't see it as a reason not to have IS Omnis. The weapons, the tech, etc. The IS already has more advantage over the clans, so what is to stop them from adding them anyway?

#15 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

Beyond what I have already stated, you are asking the wrong man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users