What Settings To Use To Get Good Fps

7 replies to this topic

#1 SayNoMore

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

I have and FX 8350 and GTX 1060 6gb..with 8gb ram..and i have 30 fps ..can someone help me understand what is happening?? WHILE a badly optimised game like PUBG gives me 80 FPS average

Edited by SayNoMore, 08 February 2018 - 11:11 AM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

30fps? There is something going on there. My nephew's system is FX 8350 w/AMD HD 7950 and it can get as high as 120 fps, though that is not average, which is around 40-60fps.

What PSU (brand/rating)?
What are the game settings? Details, especially if AA is on/off.
What is the NVIDIA settings?
Are you allowing Nvidia Geforce Experience set your game settings? /shudders...
IS Vysnc enabled/disabled for both game and GPU?
Monitor brand/model? Does it have any special/customized settings?

1st Power Options - set to High Performance. Double check it is set. Power saver has an aggressive core parking/throttling effect. Balance can be somewhere in between.

https://www.gamingsc...legrounds-pubg/

Open your NVIDIA Control Panel and click on Manage 3D Settings
Open Program Settings and find TlsGame on the dropdown menu. If it can’t be found, press Add and find it.
Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
Set Monitor Technology to G-SYNC (if it’s there)
Set Power Management Mode to Prefer maximum performance.
Set Multi-Display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration to Single display performance mode
Disable Vertical Sync
Enable Threaded Optimization
Set Preferred Refresh Rate to Highest available.

and/or again for PUBG . What is good for PUBG will definitely not hurt MWO.

https://steamcommuni.../?id=1121744994

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 February 2018 - 04:07 PM.

#3 K N I G H T

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

I am running a amd 8370 and a 970 gtx and I am having the same issues.

#4 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:56 AM

you guys using AMD FX series chips should start off by disabling the job system ... it doesnt work out very well on those processors, and the reason I'm pretty sure relates to FPU access ... each module shares one FPU ... giving micro time waits between each core getting access ... the job system spreads out the load ... unnecessarily, having a negative impact ... you need to do this from a user.cfg file, before the game is loaded ... within the user.cfg there are lots of possibilities to turn things up/down/off, but theres no one size fits all .... on the other hand, you could just mess with the core affinity, and bypass most of the issue ...

second biggest improvements come from running it at higher speeds than its rated for ... which tends to require more voltage, and put bigger stresses onto the cooling components, ie, dont even think about it with the crappier stock heat blocks etc ... another option is to turn off SMT, and let the 8 core be the 4 core it truly is, which also lets you overclock it further .... when you get to the 'maximum' point of overclock ... your probably going to want to sit a fire extinguisher next to your PC, because that will give you a sense of comfort about potential impending chernobyl your sitting next to, except, its not going to be producing power ... its going to be converting it, into heat ....

and thirdly, im just going to be lazy, and quote myself from the another thread ....

View PostNARC BAIT, on 10 March 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

it tends to be useful to give us an idea of the hardware you've got .... if you dont have those details on hand, you can download a small benchmark utility (5.3 mb) from http://www.userbench...erBenchMark.exe and tell us the end result page for the run, it will look like - http://www.userbench...UserRun/7744008 and will contain the info about your machine ....

#5 111psycho

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:37 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 15 March 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

you guys using AMD FX series chips should start off by disabling the job system ... it doesnt work out very well on those processors, and the reason I'm pretty sure relates to FPU access ... each module shares one FPU ... giving micro time waits between each core getting access ... the job system spreads out the load ... unnecessarily, having a negative impact ... you need to do this from a user.cfg file, before the game is loaded ... within the user.cfg there are lots of possibilities to turn things up/down/off, but theres no one size fits all .... on the other hand, you could just mess with the core affinity, and bypass most of the issue ...

How do I do this? I have a FX-6300 and would like to try it.

#6 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

in a user.cfg file, you specify processor affinity with
--; 0) normal - all cores / PROPER *DECIMAL* INPUT AFFINITY CONTROL
--;  165 = every second core in an 8 core
sys_affinity = 165

turn the jobsystem off with
sys_job_system_enable = 0

while your there you might also want to set
--; Cache sun shadows maps over several frames | 0) all - off / 1 ) update the sun / sun shadows, less often, alot less often
e_GsmCache = 0

#7 111psycho

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 14 April 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

in a user.cfg file, you specify processor affinity with
--; 0) normal - all cores / PROPER *DECIMAL* INPUT AFFINITY CONTROL
--;  165 = every second core in an 8 core
sys_affinity = 165

turn the jobsystem off with
sys_job_system_enable = 0

while your there you might also want to set
--; Cache sun shadows maps over several frames | 0) all - off / 1 ) update the sun / sun shadows, less often, alot less often
e_GsmCache = 0

Ok, so where do I put the file? I use the Steam version. I have Windows 10 here.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

The user.cfg file is a player created file and would go into your main MWO Steam folder.

drive:\Programs File (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Mechwarrior Online

Or opening up Steam, Library, right click on Mechwarrior Online link, Properties, Local Files tab, Browse Local Files button.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 April 2018 - 03:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users