Faction Play Reward System Needs More Tweaking.

Achievements Gameplay

25 replies to this topic

#21 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Listen the entirety of FP needs a complete rework. However NO ONE is assigned to that job, no one. The postion is vacant. We can discuss it till we are blue in the face but until they hire someone it is all for naught.

I have pages and pages of suggested changes that I have often wanted to submit as a proposal memorandum but who would read it?

#22 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 13 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

I support the measure, but I'm not sure that the result is going to be more population in FP. The major barrier to entry for FP from where I'm sitting is entering in the first place. You really need to be grouped up for FP to have any level of success, but the only way to really do that is hopping onto Discords and Teamspeaks if you don't already have a friend list full of folks. It feels like the system as a whole needs some sort of lobby for grouping up and planning in, unless it already exists and I've just plain missed it.

Otherwise the mode is just kind of there as this unassailable hot mess of things without much in the way of tutorial and several daunting choices before you even gain access to anything. If you want more pop in FP, the whole "getting in the front door" portion could do with some help. That plus reinforcing the whole idea of not just flying into a match half-cocked, otherwise the first experience is going to be bad and people will be soured from the outset.

nah. beginners (speaking of them) are food in fw because of one reason alone: most of them are doing it rambo-style.

you can totally drop solo - you just should listen to what the dropcaller (and there will be one almost always) has to say. you learn from that. if you show willingness to be a teamplayer, you also get an invite most of the time if a place if free;

see, groups try to get to 12, yeah - but if it's not possible, you happily pick up a puggle who did good (aka - listens to calls). you'd rather have him than one of those "knows it all, without ever playing this mode before"-puggle.

just be a teamplayer; the grouping up and all the cool stuff comes naturally from there after. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 13 February 2018 - 12:08 PM.

#23 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 February 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Except true potatoes rarely do more than 300 damage in an FP match and can barely get mere 100 LP at a time. In order to reach rank 20 from rank 19, potatoes will need to earn 212000 LP, or play 2120 matches. Which means they will have to play over 2K matches every time they rank up after level 20, just to earn 50 mil C-Bills and trinkets. They will have to git gud or endure extremely slow grind. Meanwhile guys like me can have a field day. :)

Besides, more population in FP is a good thing, as it will allow potatoes to have better chance of playing against other potatoes.
dont get me wrong, you have my support. Id just rather not be on the team with the spuds.

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 13 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

I support the measure, but I'm not sure that the result is going to be more population in FP. The major barrier to entry for FP from where I'm sitting is entering in the first place. You really need to be grouped up for FP to have any level of success, but the only way to really do that is hopping onto Discords and Teamspeaks if you don't already have a friend list full of folks. It feels like the system as a whole needs some sort of lobby for grouping up and planning in, unless it already exists and I've just plain missed it.

Otherwise the mode is just kind of there as this unassailable hot mess of things without much in the way of tutorial and several daunting choices before you even gain access to anything. If you want more pop in FP, the whole "getting in the front door" portion could do with some help. That plus reinforcing the whole idea of not just flying into a match half-cocked, otherwise the first experience is going to be bad and people will be soured from the outset.

FP is daunting only for the potatoes. A good QP player can still do well solo-dropping and earn decent amount of LP per match, as long as he uses pug armor well. I know several soloers who get 2-3K damage per FP match, even though their teams lose and earn only 500 damage on average. Not to mention good soloers are easily noticed by groups and get picked up to drop with them soon enough. Therefore solo dropping for the sake of grinding ranks can be done.

People just need to be willing to git gud and not bring ******* LRM trial mech on Vitric attack. We have FP forums to help out any newbies to learn the ropes, and we also have recruitment forums for those who are interested in learning to play in organized fashion.

Edited by El Bandito, 13 February 2018 - 07:37 PM.

#25 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 February 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

FP is daunting only for the potatoes. A good QP player can still do well solo-dropping and earn decent amount of LP per match, as long as he uses pug armor well. I know several soloers who get 2-3K damage per FP match, even though their teams lose and earn only 500 damage on average. Not to mention good soloers are easily noticed by groups and get picked up to drop with them soon enough. Therefore solo dropping for the sake of grinding ranks can be done.

People just need to be willing to git gud and not bring ******* LRM trial mech on Vitric attack. We have FP forums to help out any newbies to learn the ropes, and we also have recruitment forums for those who are interested in learning to play in organized fashion.

I don't disagree that it's doable and I'm sure someone of your experience knows a lot of people that can manage it. I don't even necessarily think it would be impossible for myself. But the system as a whole still feels clunky and interacting with the forums is another step between a person and pressing the Faction Play button, when it would likely be a lot more engaging if there were a way to interact with other players as soon as you hit that button. At the very least that's part of the reason I haven't gone into FP, mixed with not feeling confident enough to carry myself.

This probably isn't the right thread to get into it, though, your ideas are still solid and that's the heart of the matter.

#26 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

I definitely support this suggestion, many people in my unit for example have reached merc 10 and now there is conflicting interests between those wanting to go loyalist to have ranks to work for and those who still have merc ranks to achieve and don't want to suffer the LP penalty or lose the flexibility of merc contracts.

This definitely needs an overhaul so that you have some kind of perpetual reward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users