Faction Play Reward System Needs More Tweaking.

Achievements Gameplay

25 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Such as removing caps on ranks. Get rid of all these useless military titles, and simply go by "(Faction name) Rank X". For example, Marik rank 21, or Clan Wolf rank 45, etc... Cap the LP requirement for all ranks over rank 20 (Merc rank 10 is equal to faction rank 20) the same value as what is required to reach from rank 19 to rank 20. Rank will go on and on, as long as people keep grinding. Kinda like how Overwatch does it.

As for rewards for these ranks, give 50 million C-Bills per rank above 20, in addition to alternating prizes such as mechbay, MC, and SP (GXP is so 2016). Spice it up with the addition of faction decals, faction rank exclusive cockpit items, things that will keep people interested in further grind. Give a huge prize every 25 level or so, such as unique Hero mech with LP boost and what not.

Such a simple change I think will keep many loyalist players from faction hopping too much and instead focusing on the rank/loot/e-peen grind.

#2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

agreed

-on anything but the ranks ;)
this game isn't really up to fluff most times, and I'm okay with that if it's gameplay-related. but what little fluff I can get, I gladly take. such as ranks true to faction. doesn't hurt anybody, eh? ;)

#3 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

Yoiu mean there are still players that actually play FP without an event with MC running?

How would your suggestion be "value-added" to change the code? To what end? The storyline and associated gameplay is long dead so why change anything? Anyway, Solaris is right around the corner and FP will become a footnote in history and when Solaris fails, well, at least they have a shell.

#4 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

I would just make the rewards start over once you max it out. So rank 21 would give rank 1 reward.

Though I would also make it so that faction hopping was easier by allowing anybody to instantly change factions. Even let you just have an IS and Clan deck ready and hit launch to find a game on either side quickly. Get more people in FP if they didn't have to worry about one side having all the players on it, or groups needing everybody on one side to drop.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

Unfortunately, bribing people to play CW can only go so much. Actually doing meaningful work on the mode will go much further. <shrugs>

View Postdario03, on 11 February 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Though I would also make it so that faction hopping was easier by allowing anybody to instantly change factions. Even let you just have an IS and Clan deck ready and hit launch to find a game on either side quickly. Get more people in FP if they didn't have to worry about one side having all the players on it, or groups needing everybody on one side to drop.

Wouldn't having separate IS and Clan characters within the same account be better? It's not exactly a new idea.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

View PostMystere, on 11 February 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Wouldn't having separate IS and Clan characters within the same account be better? It's not exactly a new idea.

If you have access to all your mc/cbills/gxp/gsp/etc with both characters then its about the same thing. So either way is fine with me.

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostAsym, on 11 February 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yoiu mean there are still players that actually play FP without an event with MC running?

How would your suggestion be "value-added" to change the code? To what end? The storyline and associated gameplay is long dead so why change anything? Anyway, Solaris is right around the corner and FP will become a footnote in history and when Solaris fails, well, at least they have a shell.

Negative. It is Solaris that will be the small niche mode only the elite plays, and it will most likely die off faster than FP.

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 11 February 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

agreed

-on anything but the ranks Posted Image
this game isn't really up to fluff most times, and I'm okay with that if it's gameplay-related. but what little fluff I can get, I gladly take. such as ranks true to faction. doesn't hurt anybody, eh? Posted Image

How do you propose to create infinite ranks then?

View Postdario03, on 11 February 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

I would just make the rewards start over once you max it out. So rank 21 would give rank 1 reward.

I am not against the mechanism of instantly changing factions, but I would have preferred if PGI allowed us to have multiple alts within a single account.

View PostMystere, on 11 February 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Unfortunately, bribing people to play CW can only go so much. Actually doing meaningful work on the mode will go much further. <shrugs>

FP is still not dead, so bribing is still working to a degree. As for meaningful changes to FP, I no longer ask for the impossible. I learned of PGI's creative limitations long ago. :P

Edited by El Bandito, 11 February 2018 - 06:01 PM.

#8 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

Yes, El, if I were to guess, Solaris will last a few weeks and the forums and tweets will melt exposed mech paint.

People are complaining now; wait till the buzzer sounds and you eat several gauss rounds and are dead withing the first 15 seconds of play, match after match after match...... Oh yes EL, there will be salt....

#9 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 February 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

Negative. It is Solaris that will be the small niche mode only the elite plays, and it will most likely die off faster than FP.

How quickly Solaris dies off depends on the level of brutality, bloodshed, and slaughter that occurs within it. So don't plan to give any quarter. Posted Image

View PostAsym, on 11 February 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Yes, El, if I were to guess, Solaris will last a few weeks and the forums and tweets will melt exposed mech paint.

People are complaining now; wait till the buzzer sounds and you eat several gauss rounds and are dead withing the first 15 seconds of play, match after match after match...... Oh yes EL, there will be salt....

That is the ultimate plan. <maniacal Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image>

FP is still not dead, so bribing is still working to a degree. As for meaningful changes to FP, I no longer ask for the impossible. I learned of PGI's creative limitations long ago. Posted Image

The day I give up is the day the whole world finally goes to hell. <shrugs>

Edited by Mystere, 11 February 2018 - 10:21 PM.

#10 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

Agreed

#11 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:15 AM

solaris really frustrates me

if they would just add free for all to solaris it could actually be fun

#12 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:35 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 February 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Such a simple change I think will keep many loyalist players from faction hopping too much and instead focusing on the rank/loot/e-peen grind.

Faction hopping too much? Why is there a goal to keep people in one faction?

Forum is full of rpers that come and claim set side is op, and they never tryed the other side. I think it would be more healty for the game if more people played both sides from time to time

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:44 AM

View Postradiv, on 12 February 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

Faction hopping too much? Why is there a goal to keep people in one faction?

Forum is full of rpers that come and claim set side is op, and they never tryed the other side. I think it would be more healty for the game if more people played both sides from time to time

Except most vocal of the "OP" crowd never play the other side in the first place. My suggestion will benefit people who wish to stay as the faction they like.

#14 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 February 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Such as removing caps on ranks. Get rid of all these useless military titles, and simply go by "(Faction name) Rank X". For example, Marik rank 21, or Clan Wolf rank 45, etc... Cap the LP requirement for all ranks over rank 20 (Merc rank 10 is equal to faction rank 20) the same value as what is required to reach from rank 19 to rank 20. Rank will go on and on, as long as people keep grinding. Kinda like how Overwatch does it.

As for rewards for these ranks, give 50 million C-Bills per rank above 20, in addition to alternating prizes such as mechbay, MC, and SP (GXP is so 2016). Spice it up with the addition of faction decals, faction rank exclusive cockpit items, things that will keep people interested in further grind. Give a huge prize every 25 level or so, such as unique Hero mech with LP boost and what not.

I would be good with that.

Although, I would also like them to work on what activities in game get rewarded as well. For example I did a scouting mission where I and one other person gathered 18 data points while the other two people killed the enemy team. The other person and myself did no damage, but clearly we were not afk given all the data points we grabbed.What did we receive for our part? Nothing... no rep or anything beyond the base c-bills granted for a win. Things like that just make playing objectives and strategies beyond death ball a complete waste of time.

Edited by WarHippy, 12 February 2018 - 08:13 PM.

#15 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 February 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

solaris really frustrates me

if they would just add free for all to solaris it could actually be fun

Technically, a 1v1 is a free for all, just on a small scale Posted Image

#16 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

How do you propose to create infinite ranks then?

well, imo we can "cap out" at the current ranks and do a number in the background (not visible as title). so once you're general or galaxy commander or something, you just stay there nominally, but in background it progresses to rank 46, for example.

that way we can keep what little fluff we have and still have ongoing rewards (and an ingame reason to not change faction) Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 13 February 2018 - 06:56 AM.

#17 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Yeah but by that logic, most spuds would quit QP alotgether and jump in fp, grind out the 20 ranks and then get rewarded no matter what for 50 mill for being a potato.

And since there is no MM, your either farming or being farmed and i dont like being farmed.

#18 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 13 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Yeah but by that logic, most spuds would quit QP alotgether and jump in fp, grind out the 20 ranks and then get rewarded no matter what for 50 mill for being a potato.

And since there is no MM, your either farming or being farmed and i dont like being farmed.

At first I thought "If they grind out 20 ranks in FP, then they'd definitely not be a potato by that point", but then I remembered that potatoes in this game don't actually attempt to learn or improve so they'd just be level 20 and still getting farmed. Posted Image

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 13 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Except true potatoes rarely do more than 300 damage in an FP match and can barely get mere 100 LP at a time. In order to reach rank 20 from rank 19, potatoes will need to earn 212000 LP, or play 2120 matches. Which means they will have to play over 2K matches every time they rank up after level 20, just to earn 50 mil C-Bills and trinkets. They will have to git gud or endure extremely slow grind. Meanwhile guys like me can have a field day. :)

Besides, more population in FP is a good thing, as it will allow potatoes to have better chance of playing against other potatoes.

#20 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 February 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Except true potatoes rarely do more than 300 damage in an FP match and can barely get mere 100 LP at a time. In order to reach rank 20 from rank 19, potatoes will need to earn 212000 LP, or play 2120 matches. Which means they will have to play over 2K matches every time they rank up after level 20, just to earn 50 mil C-Bills and trinkets. They will have to git gud or endure extremely slow grind. Meanwhile guys like me can have a field day. Posted Image

Besides, more population in FP is a good thing, as it will allow potatoes to have better chance of playing against other potatoes.

I support the measure, but I'm not sure that the result is going to be more population in FP. The major barrier to entry for FP from where I'm sitting is entering in the first place. You really need to be grouped up for FP to have any level of success, but the only way to really do that is hopping onto Discords and Teamspeaks if you don't already have a friend list full of folks. It feels like the system as a whole needs some sort of lobby for grouping up and planning in, unless it already exists and I've just plain missed it.

Otherwise the mode is just kind of there as this unassailable hot mess of things without much in the way of tutorial and several daunting choices before you even gain access to anything. If you want more pop in FP, the whole "getting in the front door" portion could do with some help. That plus reinforcing the whole idea of not just flying into a match half-cocked, otherwise the first experience is going to be bad and people will be soured from the outset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users