Issues With Bluetooth Audio

4 replies to this topic

#1 Willowleaf

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi thar. I've been having a most curious problem with my Creative Sound Blaster Evo Zx.

My issues are the following:

Firstly, the headset does work if it's plugged in via a USB connection, but using it wirelessly via Bluetooth will result in two things.

1) No audio
2) The game is less responsive (clicking menus is more like mashing down a menu selection if that makes sense) and even takes a while to Alt + F4 out of

What I've done so far:

1) Clean install of Creative drivers and firmware update for the headset
2) Testing in other games, including a Cry Engine game -- no issues at all
3) Disabling onboard audio and making sure the headset's USB and wireless modes are defaults (wireless set as Communication Device)
4) (On-going) coffee sacrifices and promises to paint my Urbie red and black

Secondly, my microphone seems to not work half the time even when it's plugged in via USB; this one I hopefully fixed by making sure MWO only uses Direct Sound and the non-wireless device option. It might have to do with my Acer E-5-575G-57D4 (https://laptop.ninja...57d4-15-6-inch/) getting nice and warm, but I'm skeptical.

Edit: Happy sanity eating forum.

Has anyone else had this specific kind of Bluetooth issue? I know some have had issues where turning the microphone off got audio to work, but that doesn't seem to be the case with me (and let's be honest, playing the game without comms is a comedy of errors.)

Edited by Wintercycle, 13 February 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#2 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

Well, I have that issue, whenever I try to play using bluetooth audio, the game will freeze, I won't even get to the login screen.

#3 CrusaderYN

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

I have witness the same situations here. My headset is SkullCandy and OS is Win 10. Looks like the developer are focus on selling new mech instead fixing this old issue.

#4 Lenny Smythe

Rookie

• Assistant Force Leader
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

I just switched to a bluetooth headset and am having the same problem. Any word on a fix?

#5 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

lots of things can go wrong with bluetooth ... for a start, it uses the same radio frequencies as 2.4 ghz wifi, at much lower power levels, and its actually not that hard to have it become overpowered and drowned out ... you know where bluetooth really tends to work best, in your car, where its part way to a faraday cage ...

the windows sound system implementation is really not suited to bluetooth, the windows sound system doesnt ever expect that the devices connected to it will change, while your using it ... windows expects that your headphones, will remain connected perfectly, the entire time, and applications within windows are generally built in such a way, that they will not react to changes to the sound system environment, once they've launched ... generally, if you wnat to change your active sound device, with most games, you'll need to quit that game and restart it if the devs didnt bother putting in any way to change from one sound device to another ...

and if your headphones have a mic in them ... well, that can tend to lead to trouble ... most will drop into a 'low quality' mode if you try and use the headphones and the mic at the same time ... I'm sure theres a unit out there that doesnt do it, but it must cost more than the majority of people I deal with are willing to spend ... hell, you might not even be actually trying to communicate with it for it to decide its being used, swap into **** quality mode, and then get overridden by wifi and your neighbours microwave ....

so, chances are, your only real hope of a fix, is to improve the transmission pathway, and potentially improve the rest of the environment around you, like lowering the transmission power on your wifi devices, moving the bluetooth dongle from the back of the pc, to the front, or even better, plugging it into a usb extension cable and sitting it between your keyboard and monitor, some laptops have very hit and miss features, which can really help or hinder your efforts ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users