Solaris 1V1 And 2V2 Maps, Why Two Classes, And Not Just Solaris Maps?

6 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:01 AM

I was looking at the road map and noticed this. It is launching with a pair of maps for each mode. But i just gotta ask, why? Should all the solaris maps for 1v1 and 2v2 be pretty much the same, can the maps have so much unique that it is worth making separate maps for each que?

With the game pop the size that it is, it just seams like that would be spreading resources even thinner. Granted i am not a huge FPS 1v1 player going back 25 years so maybe i am missing something. But understanding how this game plays out in the normal maps when you are down to 2v2 or 1v1, it doesn't seam to me like there should be taht big of a difference in how the maps would play.

It's not a huge issue really to just make um all 1v1 or 2v2 i would think if it didn't need to be that way, or ended up giving us more variety which i always think is better in the end.

So why was this done, and what benefits do players think they will see that out weighs the down side of less maps in each mode.. aka Starting out with just 2 maps, verse 4, and meaning less maps being added as now the pool would be QP, 1v1 and 2v2.

Edited by JC Daxion, 21 February 2018 - 01:19 PM.

#2 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

1v1 needs small maps because it is about the fight and not about searching for the enemy. These maps are small so it should be much easier to make them.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:40 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 20 February 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

1v1 needs small maps because it is about the fight and not about searching for the enemy. These maps are small so it should be much easier to make them.

And 2v2 need to be large?

My post specifically asked how these maps are going to be that much different to be necessary to have 2 different classes of Solaris maps. Is 500m smaller the deal? Id think these maps would be about 1.5k

130 views, no suggestions on why yet, and that is kinda my point.. What is going to be so different between these two classes to need 2 different classes of maps.

I could extend this question to say, What should the maps have that make them different?

Edited by JC Daxion, 21 February 2018 - 03:41 AM.

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

for example : in the City Map many new assets its more like a neon Light Las Vegas Playroom..not like a really World..its a new Playfield for Ideas with not restrictions

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 21 February 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#5 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

Seriously, you cant figure out why they would make new maps for 1v1 or 2v2? yeah, what at thrilling match it would be to have two 90+ assault mechs lumbering around for 5 minutes before anything starts.

Imagine if they started to nascar each other!

Edited by mogs01gt, 21 February 2018 - 01:00 PM.

#6 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 21 February 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

for example : in the City Map many new assets its more like a neon Light Las Vegas Playroom..not like a really World..its a new Playfield for Ideas with not restrictions

The Solaris City map isn't a 1v1/2v2 map, it's a new QP map entirely like Rubellite Oasis.

#7 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 21 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Seriously, you cant figure out why they would make new maps for 1v1 or 2v2? yeah, what at thrilling match it would be to have two 90+ assault mechs lumbering around for 5 minutes before anything starts.

Imagine if they started to nascar each other!

Am i not being clear here... There are NEW MAPS for SOLARIS.. AND two separate classes...

YES, they are BOTH smaller than normal maps.. BUT the question is, HOW Different and in what way will the 1v1 and the 2v2 be? Why would the 1v1 map, not be sufficient for 2v2? What is so vastly different about the 2v2 that would make it bad for 1v1?

If the maps are 1k by 1k, Or 1.5k by 1.5k Basically long range weapon distance.. How much different can the two maps be? Is 2v2 maps going to be 2k or even larger? Does it need to be this much larger?? If so why and how are they going to be so different that it is worth splitting them?

What is the difference between the 2, and is it enough to actually have the 2 classses..

It has zero to do with walking around for 5 mins.. and it seams like just making them all solaris would be the way to go.. 2 v 2 with lights, on the same map that 1v1 in assaults for example could easily play very different and be more than enough to be the right size.

I don't see these maps being 3k-4k across,.. and i don't see um being 500m either.. It just seams like splitting them is a bad idea meaning less maps and for a while too and those that don't play 1v1 or 2v2 will never even see the other size, so a waste of resources as well. that is why i made the thread asking about other games and 1v1 and 2 v 2 map differences, and is is worth it..

Edited by JC Daxion, 21 February 2018 - 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users