Best Hitboxes

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hitboxes matter - a lot. What are the top 2-3 IS & Clan mechs in each weight class by Hitbox?

The Crab and Bushwhacker are obvious good choices for IS Mediums. What else?

#2 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

What about Assassin for IS medium? For IS Heavy I can think of Marauder, Marauder IIC for Clan Assault.

#3 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

The Cheetah is tough to kill for it's size.

The Wolfhound is my go to light, max survivability makes it a mini juggernaut.

The Assassin likewise can tank above it tonnage as long as you remember to keep moving.

I don't see many Arctic Wolves but those I do fight take some time to go down.

Out of all the Clan heavies, the Hellbringer has become my go to. Every other heavy seems to get cored far to easily.

The Warhammer and Marauder can do what most Assaults can do better. Thunderbolt is also a good tank.

Most IS assaults do fine with support (I nearly killed a isolated Annihilator with a Urbie today)

Clan are more weapon platforms than tanks (Dakka Wolf) Marauder IIC seems to have the better hitbox right now

Edited by Steel Raven, 14 February 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#4 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

That's an interesting question right there. It depends a little on the build. For assault mechs that are going to alpha-twist-alpha, you want to be on the lookout for arms that can actually be used to shield. For example the Atlas and Battlemaster have excellent shield arms.

For ballistic boats, I don't know. The Annihilator has OK hit boxes but it's so huge that you can't ask for much. More importantly it has a ton of armor. The Stalker has pretty good boxes. Generally, any birdlike mech without missile boxes or other odd torso protrusions will do well in the torso split.

#5 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:35 AM

I getting continuous good scores with a Vindicator with a Xl engine... and when dying it's not usually from side torsos.... i think there's quite a large choice of mech but it depend how you play them.

If you wanna tank with a medium, crab and bushwacker have the best hitbox. If you like to move and roll and jump... the choice can be larger.

#6 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

IS Lights:

Wolfhound is as good as they come. (Panther has very similar feeling hitboxes, but loses weapons much quicker due to hardpoint placement.)

IS Mediums:

Crab is exceptional. Phoenix Hawk too in terms of hitboxes, though otherwise tricky.

#7 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

The Annihlator has quite good hitboxes. Turn slightly to the side, you take most of the hits on that ST. So you can spread across both torso's before you go down, taking a good 500-600 pts of damage.

#8 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

The Bushwacker has good hitboxes for spreading damage. It isn't just armor quirks.

#9 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

Urbies have great hitboxes and have tons of armour to boot after skills. Plus they can mount some good heavy weapon loadouts for an IS light or in the case of the k9 easily boat 5 medium pulse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users