Should Sarah's Jenner Make A Comeback?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Can we in the community in partnership with PGI come together and make a lasting positive impact? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you participate in charity fundraising through MWO?

1. Yes! We can make a difference! (41 votes [85.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.42%

2. Yes, but I couldn't contribute right now. (5 votes [10.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

3. No, we should keep fundraising out of MWO. (2 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Which option(s) would you prefer if we could make this happen?

1. Bring back Sarah's Jenner for a limited time and donate the proceeds to the Canadian Cancer Society (21 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Bring back Sarah's Jenner permanently and make a yearly donation of the proceeds to the Canadian Cancer Society (20 votes [15.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.87%

3. Make a Sarah's Jenner special one shot camouflage option on all mechs and donate the proceeds on a yearly basis to the Canadian Cancer Society (5 votes [3.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.97%

4. Make a Sarah's Jenner special unlockable camouflage option on all mechs and donate the proceeds on a yearly basis to the Canadian Cancer Society (5 votes [3.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.97%

5. Make a special one shot camouflage for all mechs to benefit the Canadian Cancer Society (or other worthy cause) with proceeds donated yearly. (11 votes [8.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.73%

6. Make a special unlockable camouflage for all mechs to benefit the Canadian Cancer Society (or other worthy cause) with proceeds donated yearly. (10 votes [7.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

7. Make a special Sarah's Jenner cockpit standing item (with a minor c-bill or other boost) with proceeds donated yearly to the Canadian Cancer Society. (12 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

8. Make a special cockpit item (with a minor c-bill or other boost) to benefit the Canadian Cancer Society (or other worthy cause) with proceeds donated yearly (11 votes [8.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.73%

9. Make a special Sarah's Jenner cockpit standing item with proceeds donated yearly to the Canadian Cancer Society. (10 votes [7.94%] - View)

10. Make a special cockpit item to benefit the Canadian Cancer Society (or other worthy cause) with proceeds donated yearly (10 votes [7.94%] - View)

11. We should get more community feedback on this but it sounds cool. (8 votes [6.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.35%

12. We shouldn't be trying to do charity fundraising through MWO. (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 charbdys

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

I was thinking today that I really wish that I had had the funds available in 2013 to purchase Sarah's Jenner and that got me thinking. Would it be possible (with her family's permission of course) to bring back Sarah's Jenner both for players who missed out on the chance to buy it when it was available and for players who may have joined the community after the fundraiser had already ended? Another thing that occurred to me was that I would love to see a way for players to regularly contribute to a worthy cause while playing the game we love. To that end I've attached a poll to this post to see how my idea would be received by the community.

Edited by charbdys, 13 February 2018 - 09:16 PM.

#2 johnboy7593

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 2 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

I lost my mother to lung cancer and anything we can do to beat and kill this awful disease would be a help.
If

#3 Colonel Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:55 AM

Super proud sarah's jenner pilot here. Rest in peace Sarah Parries

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

How about making Sarah's Jenner available on https://en.wikipedia...orld_Cancer_Day every year?

#5 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

My Jenner´s have voted for me .
And some of them carry ERPPC´s ^^

#6 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

Sarah isn't the only one we've lost to cancer. To make the skin or a yearly event or something like that, I think, cheapens the memory of both Sarah and those of us who were part of that.

However, that doesn't mean we couldn't do another fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society or another worthy charity like Shriner's Hospitals for Children. But it shouldn't be Sarah. Could be a completely different mech with a different theme. Perhaps an assault called Chemo or Cancer Killer or something. I like the idea of an Awesome myself, because of the club arm. Call it 'Beat Down' and put a ribbon on it's arm as if it's beating down cancer. There's a creative solution to this one if we want to do another fundraiser.

But leave Sarah's Jenner exactly the way it is. There's other ways we could raise money and keep the spirit of charity alive within the game.

#7 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostPeiper, on 14 February 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Sarah isn't the only one we've lost to cancer. To make the skin or a yearly event or something like that, I think, cheapens the memory of both Sarah and those of us who were part of that.

However, that doesn't mean we couldn't do another fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society or another worthy charity like Shriner's Hospitals for Children. But it shouldn't be Sarah. Could be a completely different mech with a different theme. Perhaps an assault called Chemo or Cancer Killer or something. I like the idea of an Awesome myself, because of the club arm. Call it 'Beat Down' and put a ribbon on it's arm as if it's beating down cancer. There's a creative solution to this one if we want to do another fundraiser.

But leave Sarah's Jenner exactly the way it is. There's other ways we could raise money and keep the spirit of charity alive within the game.

Seconded. There are plenty of good causes around so no real need to limit the possibilities. Other mechs for other charities would be just as fine.

#8 charbdys

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

I see fundraisers on a fairly regular basis on other games I play but Sarah's Jenner is, to date, the only similar instance I can recall in MWO. I totally understand the idea that bringing back Sarah's Jenner could feel like a cheapening of the impact of the original event and that was totally not my intent. That's why I proposed the other ideas in the poll. We don't have to bring back Sarah's Jenner if the community thinks it would be in poor taste. There are plenty of other routes we can take to the end goal of making a difference. Sarah's Jenner is already there so it would be, by far, the easiest to do on the PGI side of the equation.

Here's another idea that I came up with. I'm pretty sure everyone's familiar with the IS mech called the Crusader. What about pushing for that mech and having a yearly event where they release a charity skin and run an event for the crusader.

#9 Vincent Lynch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

Back then, when Sarah passed over, it was really all the feels to me and other players. Not only did almost everyone I know buy one, but also, things happened, like, people buying another JR7-D afterwards because they wanted to try other loadouts but refused to change Sarah's preferred loadout in their JR7-D(S). For days, units would drop full 12 in only JR7-D(S). Some other players would refuse to fire on any enemy JR7-D(S) for weeks. Back then, the community came together like it never did before and never after. That's why to me, and probably many other JR7-D(S) owners, coming back with exactly the same Jenner would feel wrong.
What I would not only approve of, but applaud, is PGI coming up with a champion of another chassis (or even a hero mech?) annually, in a color scheme similar to Sarah's Jenner, and donating those proceedings. Let's have Sarah's Dragon. Sarah's Blackjack. Sarah's Supernova. Sarah's Locust. Sarah's Shadow Hawk. Sarah's Cauldron Born. Even Sarah's Jenner IIC.
What I also would love, is making the unicorn, or some other feature that Sarah's Jenner's color scheme has (i think the unicorn is best though) permanently available as a decal and cockpit item (i would love that decal) and also donate the MCs this would cost.
I also would approve of PGI making champion mechs for other causes. or maybe make one quarterly and let buyers vote from 4 or 5 ideas about where the money should go.

#10 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

Well, I didn't had a chance to get Sarah's Jenner and I would correct that in nearest occasion.

Althrough in my opinion it would be good to pick the another mech as a fundraising stuff for limited sell :)

#11 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

I have gotten Sarah's Jenner when it was up. Even if the mech doesn't show up again it be nice to have a Sarah's Jenner Cockpit Walking Statue as a permanent memorial of this fallen Mech Warrior.

It's like they did it once then forgot all about Sarah. The greatest loss of war is to be forgotten no matter what battlefield your in. Very very rarely do I see another Sarah Jenner. The mech should come back and be turned into a permanent hero mech for MC.

#12 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 14 February 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Back then, when Sarah passed over, it was really all the feels to me and other players. Not only did almost everyone I know buy one, but also, things happened, like, people buying another JR7-D afterwards because they wanted to try other loadouts but refused to change Sarah's preferred loadout in their JR7-D(S). For days, units would drop full 12 in only JR7-D(S). Some other players would refuse to fire on any enemy JR7-D(S) for weeks. Back then, the community came together like it never did before and never after. That's why to me, and probably many other JR7-D(S) owners, coming back with exactly the same Jenner would feel wrong.
What I would not only approve of, but applaud, is PGI coming up with a champion of another chassis (or even a hero mech?) annually, in a color scheme similar to Sarah's Jenner, and donating those proceedings. Let's have Sarah's Dragon. Sarah's Blackjack. Sarah's Supernova. Sarah's Locust. Sarah's Shadow Hawk. Sarah's Cauldron Born. Even Sarah's Jenner IIC.
What I also would love, is making the unicorn, or some other feature that Sarah's Jenner's color scheme has (i think the unicorn is best though) permanently available as a decal and cockpit item (i would love that decal) and also donate the MCs this would cost.
I also would approve of PGI making champion mechs for other causes. or maybe make one quarterly and let buyers vote from 4 or 5 ideas about where the money should go.

From what I read in the past Sarah only liked fast light mechs so having a Sarah anything else would defeat the purpose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users