- - - - -

Dual Thrustmaster 16000M Setup Help Please!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Shortgun

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:03 AM

OK so ive been playing MWO for about 3 months and im ready to step it up, so i went and got the Thrustmaster 16000m fcs, ive been trying all night (6-8hours) to try to set this up and im failing miserably i can get one joystick to work, but the other works only somewhat? Im very confused on trying to set up my joysticks and was asking if a Fellow gamer can help me out. I will check this post daily if anyone could help that would be great!

P.S I also use Discord so if u need to walk me through i can do that aswell. :D

Thanks in advance!

Shortgun.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:17 AM

https://mwomercs.com...oystick-in-mwo/

https://mwomercs.com...oof-of-concept/

This is what I was able to locate. There are more and likely you may get some more feedback. I use Chrome (google) and use this as the url for searches THRUSTMASTER site:mwomercs.com

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 January 2018 - 04:18 AM.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

if you are using a joystick to aim you are just gimping yourself.

#4 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

have you tried using the T.A.R.G.E.T. software? i see youtube videos of setting up dual joysticks for other games.
Posted Image

i use a t16000m with a throttle from the tflightx hotas (the new throttle sorta sucks )
check to see if "analog throttle" and "analog turn " are set.

Edited by Gorantir, 08 February 2018 - 11:38 AM.

#5 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

Whooooooaaa there tiger. Easy with that Joystick thing. You want some real advice? Disconnect them and put them back on the shelf unless you are playing a flight sim.

MWO is NOT the game where you want these tools. The best advice you can take as a new player is to Turn your Mouse sensitivity way down. Every single player I have seen play this game using a joystick to aim and turn has sucked. the more you do it the worse you suck at it and the worse it is on your team.

MWO is basically an FPS with a lot of interesting dynamics revolving around piloting skills, and planning moves out way in advance, picking retreat points, and orienting your mech properly to receive incoming fire, take cover, and return fire in an effective way, ideally delivering damage to specific places on your target. Your aim with that thing will be horrible, I promise. So please for the love of blake, put it away and leave it away.

Once you have mastered a keyboard, some players can use a stick to control the speed/turning, but thats a much more advanced skill.

#6 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

@ OP if you wanna use a joystick for moving around -- have fun. But you really should use a mouse for aiming / torso movement -- the accuracy and responsiveness is a magnitude greater

#7 mclang

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

Don't be put down by the nay sayers - check my Thrustmaster Warthog project instead!

Although truth to be told, you will handicap yourself if using joystick for aiming even with mouse emulation such what I use, but after learning the quirks it is fun and more immersive than using mouse, and you can be a good player for your team.

There are limitations though, for me at least. I cannot play light mechs efficiently yet because aiming from fast moving mech is harder with joystick mouse emulation than with mouse. Then again, if I'd like to use my Firestarters, I could easily fall back to using mouse instead of Warthog, but still use my Hotas X throttle for moving.

So using joystick works if you are willing to go through the hassle, provided getting to higher tiers isn't your main goal.

For me, I want to have fun and immersion is more important than raw accuracy or KD ratio.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users