Fp Patch Notes!

69 replies to this topic

#1 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

No more penalty for breaking contract on Merc OR Loyalist, ITS A STEP IN THE ******* RIGHT DIRECTION, FINALLY WE HAVE SOMETHING UPDATED THAT ISN'T FULLY ********.

no, but seriously, this is going to help the Q times soooooooooooo much, as long as i read it right, We can create the 1 man units and go anywhere again right? RIGHT????

also, screw you all im gonna go farm me some potatoes in solaris and get some free new glasses and some hockey pads for my mechs

#2 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Thats what it sounded like to me. Should be helpful, especially for groups because some players can just easily switch if they want to play with others on the other side. Be harder if your part of a unit though.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

how does units hopping around to different factions without penalty help faction play?

the loyalty penalty was stupid but units should still only be allowed to change factions once per season

if you cant commit to a faction for an entire season then you should play as a lonewolf.

Edited by Khobai, 16 February 2018 - 08:26 PM.

#4 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

how does units hopping around to different factions without penalty help faction play?

the loyalty penalty was stupid but you should still only be allowed to change factions once per season

Sometimes the sides are unbalanced so one side is insta dropping and the other is ghost dropping. Now you can just change quickly to better balance the sides and get matches. Having to sit forever just to get locked into a 10 minute search is a big reason some don't play FP.
Sometimes you might have somebody join another team to do some drops but since they are different sides they have to play QP. Now the one guy might be able to just quickly change and they can play FP as well. Another big reason some don't play FP because they don't want to kick somebody out of the group.

#5 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

How would this not be good for Fw? are u kidding me?

lets say clan has a 30 min wait time, and innersphere is obviously insta-drops. Take 2-3 12 mans that decide, oh i don't want to wait 30 mins, then 10 mins in a lobby for a ghost drop. 3 12 Mans insta-swap to IS side, now everyone is playing, and its not lobbywarrior online..

Also, i have friends in units that are always in IS or Clan, and if i want to drop with friends and they are clan and im IS, i can just solo drop now.

Or, if we know there are a ton of units on IS side, and were Is, and people are saying hey help us on clan side, Is has all the 12 mans, we can insta-swap to clan after that game, and now we can help the pugs beat the big bad 12 mans.

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 16 February 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

but one side will get stacked with all the good units when an event comes along. weve seen it happen before in the past.

its a very bad idea to allow units to change sides whenever they want

when you choose a faction, you should be forced to commit to your choice for the duration of the season.

A lot of units are merc anyways and can already change for events, so this doesn't really change that.
Forcing players to commit to a side just splits the already small FP community. Some players drop with multiple groups of players, if those groups are on different sides then that player has to pick one. This separation causes some groups to not drop in FP which means even less players, which means even more likely to ghost drop, which means even less players willing to play FP.

Edited by dario03, 16 February 2018 - 08:41 PM.

#7 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

Forcing players to commit to a side just splits the already small FP community.

theres basically only two sides though. clan and IS.

if the community is too small to support two sides then FP is dead anyway

and it doesnt matter if youre merc or loyalist you shouldnt be able to change sides more than once per season. mercs should be able to switch between different houses or different clans. but not go from IS to clan or vice versa.

allowing all the good units to stack on one side for events is ridiculous, why even have events if theyre gonna be that much of a farce.

Edited by Khobai, 16 February 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#8 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

theres basically only two sides though. clan and IS.

if the community is too small to support two sides then FP is dead anyway

It was worse when you had to be the exact same clan or house, but 2 is still a split. If you have 2 different units that you play FP with, and one goes IS and the other goes clan for a week then thats a week that you can't play with one of them. Or maybe your contracts just don't exactly line up so you end up with a day where you are on opposite sides.
Actually thats probably a big reason you see a lot of units all join the same side for events. Not just stacking to win, but stacking so you can play together.

How does forcing players to stay on one side help? How does it help bring players to FP?
Whats stopping them from all just joining one clan or house and throwing off the balance for months?

Edited by dario03, 16 February 2018 - 09:16 PM.

#9 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:25 PM

View Postdario03, on 16 February 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

How does forcing players to stay on one side help? How does it help bring players to FP?
Whats stopping them from all just joining one clan or house and throwing off the balance for months?

You're obviously not new to ForumWarrior Online but if you stood as close as possible to the nearest wall and yelled it'd have the same effect as your reasoning on the person you're attempting to discuss this with.

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

While this change is good...It is a reactive fix to what the actual problem is.

If Matt is reading this - PLEASE ask me next time, or get someone you trust involved and I can give them the proper issues that need fixing.

The real problem needs fixing and if it was, this change wouldn't be needed Posted Image

the loyalty penalty was stupid but units should still only be allowed to change factions once per season

if you cant commit to a faction for an entire season then you should play as a lonewolf.

Once per season. ROFL. And yet we've had 2 seasons in what, a year and a half? Clueless as usual.

You don't even play - Get outta this section and don't try corrupt it with your utterly illogical ideas, comments and/or suggestions. Keep it to Gen Disc please where you can ignore the facts and people believe you.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 16 February 2018 - 10:32 PM.

#11 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Once per season. ROFL. And yet we've had 2 seasons in what, a year and a half? Clueless as usual.

um the duration of seasons can be set to whatever PGI wants

they could make it once every 3 months like with solaris.

You don't even play - Get outta this section and don't try corrupt it with your utterly illogical ideas, comments and/or suggestions. Keep it to Gen Disc please where you can ignore the facts and people believe you.

I do play actually.

I have more than one account. Im playing with my IS unit now.

Because my clan unit changed factions and I didnt want to take the loyalty hit.

I agree with the loyalty penalty being removed. But units should not be able to change sides whenever they want. Weve seen why its a bad idea in the past. Like when all the good units stacked clans so clans could win tukkayid. That was dumb.

Edited by Khobai, 16 February 2018 - 10:55 PM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

um the duration of seasons can be set to whatever PGI wants

they could make it once every 3 months like with solaris

PGI have clearly stated how the seasons work. You clearly don't even know how they work, I do, same with most players who actually play - Faction Play.

So once again you are talking about something you neither know anything about, or understand, for the sake of increasing your post count and troll. As I said - go back to Gen Disc where it doesn't matter if you are clueless.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 16 February 2018 - 10:49 PM.

#13 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

PGI have clearly stated how the seasons work. You clearly don't even know how they work, I do, same with most players who actually play - Faction Play.

I do know how it works. its all right here https://mwomercs.com...ay-patch-notes/ I read patch notes too.

I also know how it works can be changed to prevent units from switching sides whenever they want. Its dumb. Its like letting olympic athletes change countries in the middle of the olympics. some of the bigger units are so powerful that whatever faction they switch to becomes dominant. they can stack whatever faction they want.

In fact it would make sense to change faction warfare anyway to update it for the Civil War Era. Should be davion vs steiner right now. And every unit/player should pledge to either davion or steiner. That would also allow for mixed clan/IS teams which would greatly improve the balance in FW since both sides would have clan mechs then.

I certainly dont think its unreasonable to expect a unit to stay loyal to a faction for a set duration of time (3 months in my example) before they can change factions again.

Edited by Khobai, 16 February 2018 - 11:14 PM.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

I do know how it works

I also know how it works can be changed to prevent units from changing sides whenever they want.

In fact it would make sense to change it to update it for the Civil War Era.

As usual. Posted Image
Put the LORE book down already.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 16 February 2018 - 11:06 PM.

#15 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

when you choose a faction at the start of each season, you should be forced to commit to your choice for the duration of the season.

What a stupid Idea.

#16 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

Allowing units to change sides whenever they want is whats stupid.

Most other games dont allow you to even change factions. Usually youre stuck playing the same faction unless you make a new character.

#17 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

Allowing units to change sides whenever they want is whats stupid.

Most other games dont allow you to even change factions. Usually youre stuck playing the same faction unless you make a new character.

Go play these games plz.

#18 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

the Main reason that I change sides is to

A ) Get a game when otherwise you have to wait for 20-30 minutes

B ) To play with friends - You know for fun because this is a game.

This goes for all the FW players I know.

Stacking sides to WIN FW is a pointless thing, because FW has no endgame besides events that give you cbills and trinkets.

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 16 February 2018 - 11:31 PM.

#19 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

I have more than one account. Im playing with my IS unit now.

Because my clan unit changed factions and I didnt want to take the loyalty hit.

I agree with the loyalty penalty being removed. But units should not be able to change sides whenever they want. Weve seen why its a bad idea in the past. Like when all the good units stacked clans so clans could win tukkayid. That was dumb.

PFFFFF Posted Image
It took you 2 hours to how units bypass this penalty.
there main all in 1 units.
there alts all withouth units
the only difference the barrier of penalty did to us is few sec to log out and log in on other account.

so now all thos evil units who where beating people on there main in one units. beating them with unknow alt with different facntion and unit when they avoidong ghost drops. (but hei atleast the people who get beaten thinks they got beaten by random pugs)

But i am impressed that you joined the dark side on not following the *game rules* Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image.
I knew you had it in you well donne my son. oh right *i am you father* btw. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Palfatreos, 16 February 2018 - 11:41 PM.

#20 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

It took you 2 hours to how units bypass this penalty.

huh? ive had multiple accounts since closed beta.

its not bypassing the penalty since theyre separate accounts.

i dont gain anything on my primary account which is clan when I play IS with my secondary account.

whereas allowing units to constantly hop around and change IS to clan and back whenever they want is completely different. it allows your primary account to reap all the benefits of faction hopping, without the downside of having to split rewards between multiple accounts. thats the whole reason the loyalty penalty was added in the first place. PGI was not wrong in discouraging that, it was just the wrong way of going about it. because it was geared mostly towards penalizing the players who abused it but it also penalized players who didnt abuse it and only sparingly changed factions.

im not saying my way is necessarily the best way either. im just saying constant faction hopping is not something that should be allowed.

Edited by Khobai, 16 February 2018 - 11:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users