No replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Right now there are eleven factions each with an integer value representing percent of population. Cannot we simply cycle through these factions until one hundred battles are reached and the population proportion is played out in order? That order can be alphabetical, clan/I.S. or clockwise anti-clockwise as viewed from above.

If you combine attacking and defending queues there would be no single faction that would become stacked by virtue of needing physical contact with enemy territory. As a plus more populated factions would have the opportunity but not guarantee of winning territory at a greater rate. To me this would model the advantage of having greater numbers without the silliness of the first iteration of ghost drops.

If desired additional modifiers to affect population distribution could be enacted, but they are not necessary for my proposal to function.

If you hold to the requirement that a single faction can attack one enemy at a time that is twenty two contested worlds per cycle. One need only have a planet control check every eight hours instead of a reset and you would have no issue with rate of territory conquest.

Tug of War is a complete failure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users