Fp Patch Question

45 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

So because this patch will allow easier changing of faction on a whim i have some questions.

First; If a group stays loyal to a particular faction and dosnt leave after a period of time will there be any added benefits?

Second; Now that we can move around on a whim will the drop tonnage between IS and Clan be normalized? (Was put high for IS and low for clan due to the population disparity) now that this will or should No longer be an issue it would make sense.

Feedback please.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

I think the tonnage was in place more because all of the good units were stacked on one side rather than because the total population was low. The patch won't necessarily do anything about that.

IMHO, if they want to see a more even spread of units then they ought to remove the bonuses for each faction.

They are kinda pointless now, anyway, since there are only two actual factions.

#3 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Are the FP changes not slated for the March update according to the road map? There is nothing in the Feb patch notes about FP. As to tonnages, either a slight increase to clan at 245 or a slight decrease to IS down to 260 or maybe 255 is in order, but I don't believe much more than that is needed. But as per PGI, they aren't looking to mess with FP until Solaris is up and running, so nothing until June at the earliest, if ever, is my bet.

#4 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 February 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

I think the tonnage was in place more because all of the good units were stacked on one side rather than because the total population was low. The patch won't necessarily do anything about that.

IMHO, if they want to see a more even spread of units then they ought to remove the bonuses for each faction.

They are kinda pointless now, anyway, since there are only two actual factions.
fair enough, my issue is, after this patch, wouldn't be such a disparity now that it's so easy to change sides. Tired of facing EMP and EYEZ? Swap. Now it really dosnt matter what side the "good" teams are on because you can always swap with no repercussions.

#5 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:47 AM

View PostJaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, on 17 February 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

so nothing until June at the earliest, if ever, is my bet.

I bet we get token changes (other than aforementioned stuff in roadmap) no later than May patch. FP 5.0 is going to be MW:5 so...

#6 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

View PostGrus, on 17 February 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Tired of facing EMP and EYEZ?

wut. Not sure if you are playing FP or not but I'm pretty damn sure they are not a major factor in FP. Anytime I get into a match against a player or two from EmP I just prepare to be taught a lesson by them and then queue for another drop after that. You made it sound like they drop in big premades for hours on end and constantly roll IS players.

#7 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 19 February 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

wut. Not sure if you are playing FP or not but I'm pretty damn sure they are not a major factor in FP. Anytime I get into a match against a player or two from EmP I just prepare to be taught a lesson by them and then queue for another drop after that. You made it sound like they drop in big premades for hours on end and constantly roll IS players.
I run into them now and then in FP when I'm solo dropping with pugs, more often in QP for sure. I mean KCOM and EVIL are known, ISEN and MS as well to be in 12 man teams in FP. I guess I was more gearing this to the puggers. Sorry for the confusion.

#8 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

But back on topic; I would like to see some ensentive for some of us that (for what ever reason) stay loyal to a faction/clan for a period of time to stay with said faction. I agree, getting a crap load of your progress taken away when you switch factions was harsh. But It did make your movements more... deliberate, rather than on a whim.

As for the tonnage difference in FP I'd like it more dynamic and live. So if a crap load of people switch to one side or another you would have real time tonnage changes.

#9 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

No tonnage changes unless it allows me to drop 4 onions. Don't take away my joy.

#10 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Postccrider, on 20 February 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

No tonnage changes unless it allows me to drop 4 onions. Don't take away my joy.

that's a little excessive... :P plus there would need to be A LOT of people on the IS side.

#11 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Excessive? No,no no. Onions make everything better! Hell, I use my onions on polar, boreal, alpine, doing every mode. Gimme 4!

#12 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

View Postccrider, on 20 February 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Excessive? No,no no. Onions make everything better! Hell, I use my onions on polar, boreal, alpine, doing every mode. Gimme 4!

lol one is enough for me, I like the -C. add that to the MCII-B and its dakka time.. MOR DAKKA!

Posted Image

But if we have a more dynamic tonnage adjuster per the population on each side then it could happen.

#13 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 February 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

So because this patch will allow easier changing of faction on a whim i have some questions.

First; If a group stays loyal to a particular faction and dosnt leave after a period of time will there be any added benefits?

just an idea on this. people who have been loyal to a faction for longer (or alternatively, people in units who have tagged more planets while loyal to their current loyalist faction) should get a multiplier to their warplanning/planetattackchoosingthingy so they have more control of the map..

edit: i actually enjoy the thought of units with most tags gained while loyal having more votes. take kcom for example (no offense, you just came to mind while brainstorming this). they have more planets gained total than hhod. but hhod has gotten more planets while davion than kcom has gotten while davion, so hhod would hold he reins to their faction. this makes sense, as HHOD should have more control, as they've been dedicated to davion since forever. the flipside, is that if a unit can show up in davion and do better than hhod, then the reins could concievably transfer, in some ways replicating through battlefield results the way units and military commanders tend to rise and fall in every house in the innersphere.

edit to the edit: you could also move voting for a phase to 3 phases from then, so people voting during NA time get to vote for the next battlephase they will be on for, because as is, previous tz's are voting for the next phase, so EU is dictating who NA fights for and NA votes for who oceanic fights for and oceanic dictates EUs fights, and so on. i feel like that differentiation alone would make voting a bit more appealing.

Edited by naterist, 20 February 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

View Postnaterist, on 20 February 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

just an idea on this. people who have been loyal to a faction for longer (or alternatively, people in units who have tagged more planets while loyal to their current loyalist faction) should get a multiplier to their warplanning/planetattackchoosingthingy so they have more control of the map..

that could work. its the lack of a reason to stay with a group/faction that worries me. there needs to be a "carrot" for those that stick with it for a long time. if you want to bounce around thats fine but you wont get those lovely shinnies if you do that.

Posted Image

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

il be glad to see the restrictions lifted. just in time, i was starting to run out of mech bays.

#16 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Probably not. There weren't any benefits to being a loyalist and still aren't. That would require a bit more attention to detail than PGI considers necessary for FW.

Second; Now that we can move around on a whim will the drop tonnage between IS and Clan be normalized? (Was put high for IS and low for clan due to the population disparity) now that this will or should No longer be an issue it would make sense.

Feedback please.

Again, probably not. Clans are OP, or at least that's been the current attitude. If anything, I would expect them to be limited even more.

#17 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 20 February 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Probably not. There weren't any benefits to being a loyalist and still aren't. That would require a bit more attention to detail than PGI considers necessary for FW.

There are benefits such as better rewards from laddering, just minimal compared to being a mercenary. But then again it takes so bloody long to ascend 1 rank in the later parts of the ladder. I have 900 games under the purple chicken faction and have only just cracked rank 18. Assuming an average game time of 25mins, this means 375h of game time. Including the waiting time that would equate to about 400+h. At this rate, it will take me 800+h just to climb one ladder and with the rewards being so paltry, I say something needs to be done such that loyalists get more incentives, e.g. rolling bonus of c-bills until a certain limit?

#18 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 21 February 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

I say something needs to be done such that loyalists get more incentives,

Like removing rank awards from the game completely? So that the only reward to being a loyalist is,you know. Being loyal? Which is kinda the attitude of the true faction loyalist in this game. Posted Image

#19 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 21 February 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

Like removing rank awards from the game completely?

That's a negative. I see no point in being loyal if I don't get any benefits. Just feel that the rewards are quite pathetic after grinding so many games.

#20 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 21 February 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

That's a negative. I see no point in being loyal if I don't get any benefits. Just feel that the rewards are quite pathetic after grinding so many games.

Lol The point is that this mode is fundamentally flawed. Im max rank in 4 different factitious plus merc. Its nothing but an endless grind cycle if the point to being a loyalist is just to get goodies.

Removeing the rewards tree so that factions are populated by real faction loyalist is something said loyalist have been asking for for a long time. That or not having a cap at 20 which being under 1 bukkit is where most good loyalist get disillusioned and leave.

I know lots guys who have been rank 20 for 4 plus years in their faction. And they are still there. They just don't play the mode anymore because there is no point under 1 bukkit.

Plus it would shutdown the F2P challenge crowd that only plays the mode for mech bays.

Edited by Johnathan Tanner, 21 February 2018 - 01:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users