Unable To Assign Mouse Buttons (Logitech G700)

2 replies to this topic

#1 Killswitch - Warlawk

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

I've updated to the most recent Logitech software but I am still unable to assign any of my extra buttons to anything.

I've got into settings and removed extra mouse buttons from any assignment so they are neutral. When I try to bind one of the extra buttons it simply does not recognize any button being pressed. Left click, right click, mouse wheel up/down and mouse wheel click are all recognized and function just fine.

I figured I would take the easy route and just assign keyboard keys to the mouse buttons through the Logitech software. Here's where it gets strange. I assigned 3 to a mouse button. When I press that button in game it does nothing, does not fire weapon group 3. When I open up settings and try to bind a function, if I press that mouse button it recognizes the keystroke of 3.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

By default MWO recognizes 4 buttons and the scroll wheel. Left/right mouse buttons then two buttons on the side for back and forth on the browser.

Other buttons you would need to setup a profile for MWO then assign actual numbers to them.

Many of the Logitech mouse have the ability to save profiles on in mouse memory itself, so having the software closed will not change the profiles already loaded.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

First off, I congratulate you on using a G700. (the same mouse I use)

I would like to mention that the newest software actually fully disables a few settings, like the ability to repeat a macro while holding the button. If you want to get those options back, simply get an older version of the SetPoint software. (I'm running version 5.46.10 myself)

Now on to your particular issue... The mouse simply has way more buttons than MWO is designed to handle. You can have up to 5 total buttons mapped directly (left click, right click, middle click, and 2 generic buttons) as well as the scrolling, but after that you're going to have to map your mouse buttons to some keyboard keys to use them in-game.

My current mappings:
Buttons 1, 2, & 3: Left, Right, Middle click
Buttons 4 & 5: Generic Button
Button 6: Keystroke "4"
Button 7: Profile switch
Button 8: 250ms repeating click. (hold the button for it to have a 50ms click with 200ms release in between clicks, repeats while held)
Buttons 9 & 10: DPI setting
Button 11: Keystroke "]"
Buttons 12 & 13: Side scroll

This lets me reliably use 4 of the 6 weapon groups available in MWO. (left click for group 1, right click for group 2, generic 4 for group 3, keystroke 4 for group 4, generic 5 for max zoom)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 28 February 2018 - 03:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users