The Clanner Lanner Planner (Black Lanner Build Thread)

5 replies to this topic

#1 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

New 'Mech time! Post 'em if you've got 'em.

Totally untested; haven't had time for any drops yet:

BKL-Prime

BKL-A

BKL-C

Clearly, the most important tool for crafting Lanner builds is going to be a shoehorn. Interesting speedboat we've got here. Gonna wait until I've run a few matches before deciding whether or not to get the hero or reinforcements, but it looks like good fun. A light 'Mech driver's medium, like the Viper or Fridge, but with a little more "oomph."

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

If I ever C-bill one, this is how I'll likely outfit it...

BKL-PRIME

Flame them to shut down, then blast the head with the 6xHSL... and the twin ATM/3's are just for kicks as I close.

#3 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

Attempting to keep the stock omnipods to keep the weapon quirks.

BELLONARIUS

BKL-PRIME

BKL-A

BKL-C

Edited by CygnusX7, 22 February 2018 - 06:43 AM.

#4 eXhum116th

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKassel

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Close Range Bellonarius
https://mwo.smurfy-n...1b063d0f8851993

Bello Nr 2
https://mwo.smurfy-n...14c227a1db957e0

Prime
https://mwo.smurfy-n...b218571775ec9b9

#5 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

Slight brawler/striker tweak: Replaced one sink with ECM. Seems to be the most useful build of what I could put together with the standard pack pods. I don't think I'll get the reinforcements or hero- I don't think I'd find enough builds for the chassis that were both useful and different from each other to justify keeping more than two or three variants in the long term. It's still good fun, though. Might take a while to define its niche, but there's definitely a place for it in the lineup.

*edit: and another one, using 8/8 Prime pods. Pulses may be a little much tonnage-wise, but the shorter burn on this 'Mech is IMO worth it. With only the three lasers heat is quite manageable even without extra sinks.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 05 March 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#6 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:51 AM

I've been running this BKL-C with quad HMLs and quad LMGs. It's by far the best performing of my Black Lanners.

I've tried to use the Bellonarius' 6 MG hardpoints, but they just aren't effective enough (on a regular basis) for the trade off in weight. I've also tried heavy energy builds (like the 10 ERSL faster Nova build), but they just tend to be to hot for me. Often the biggest problem I have is the maps, which often have large open gaps and generally the Lanner doesn't have long range weapons so needs to close in to engage. The ECM in the Prime and A helps a bit with this, but the ones without ECM are fairly easy to spot and burn down before it gets in range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users