Unable To Attack!?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Securitycop325thciv

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

Posted Image ok here we go, I have discovered that on conquest maps when i play my Archer I CAN NOT ATTACK the enemy base buildings or their turrets even the Narc and useing the "R" key will not attach to them this is HIGHLY AGGRAVATING to me and my team please look into this and correct it here is my load out for my archer , in video form

https://youtu.be/DWBA20XOMWU

Posted Image Good Luck , Have fun and may all your munitions find their target!
SecuritycopPosted Image

Edited by Securitycop325thciv, 22 February 2018 - 08:22 AM.

#2 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostSecuritycop325thciv, on 22 February 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

Posted Image ok here we go, I have discovered that on conquest maps when i play my Archer I CAN NOT ATTACK the enemy base buildings or their turrets even the Narc and useing the "R" key will not attach to them this is HIGHLY AGGRAVATING to me and my team please look into this and correct it here is my load out for my archer , in video form

SecuritycopPosted Image

I am presuming you mean incursion rather than conquest......?

#3 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

Dumbfire the missiles. Works wonders, if you know what you're doing.

#4 Securitycop325thciv

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

i dont think you can dumb fire the streaks... the ones without lockon do ( with artmis ) and take up more space

it completely dumbfounds me

#5 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

Streaks cannot target base turrets (I dont think they can target the base structures either.) I believe (but could be wrong) that this was originally done so that lurms couldnt sit back at 1000m and kill the base off but it royaly screws over streaks.

#6 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:41 AM

View PostSecuritycop325thciv, on 22 February 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

SecuritycopPosted Image

I presume you mean the "Incursion" Game Mode, Securitycop325thciv... You really ought to fix your post. :blink:

Yeah, PGI really should have allowed NARC/TAG to create Lock Capability on the Enemy Base Sections. This "Lock-On Blocking" has messed things up for the Streak SRM Weapon System. :(

~D. V. "Having to swap words to read a post properly..." Devnull

#7 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

Streaks really should have a dumbfire mode, so they can be used without locks... This would fix a LOT of problems with them, but also cause many more problems to arise. (like people complaining about them being too similar to ATMs that have no minimum range)

#8 MechanicalWraith

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

SSRMs are designed (in lore) to refuse to fire without a laser lock, meaning that unless the launcher's dedicated laser targeting module 'sees' an appropriately target-y object (presumably programmed to recognize metals and composite materials), the launcher wouldn't fire - to save ammo. I'm perfectly cool with sticking to lore in this way with Streaks, but only if they rework them to a more technically correct mechanism (like MW4 had - namely locking onto any location you pointed the crosshairs at when you pulled the trigger), barring that, I say we need a dumbfire mode (which MW4 also had, incidentally).

Finally, they really should make base buildings targetable, LRMs still need spotters in LoS to bombard a base from range so it doesn't really break Incursion...

#9 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostMechanicalWraith, on 05 March 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

(like MW4 had - namely locking onto any location you pointed the crosshairs at when you pulled the trigger)

That is literally the same as "dumbfire" if not fired at a moving target.

#10 MechanicalWraith

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 10 March 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

That is literally the same as "dumbfire" if not fired at a moving target.

No, it isn't, I suppose I should've specified that I meant the part about target locking onto mech/vehicle/turret components but 'dumbfiring' in mechwarrior speak typically means to fire without any homing guidance (like SRMs) whereas the MW4 behavior locked onto a point in 3d space and streamed Streaks to that location - which would be a powerful ability in MWO if streaks could fire without a lock, but still home in on the point under your crosshairs regardless of launcher orientation.

I'd personally love to see streaks behaving as described on Sarna.net - refusing to launch until you point them at a nice shiny target and then locking without delays like LRMs have, even if it didn't go after the particular component you aimed for but that'd make a nice skill element.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users