• The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

Shut up

Shut the **** up

Get Lost

Shut your ******* mouth

I used to communicate in MWO since I'm playing this game...had a break for like 2 months and in the last few days I encounter these "terms" on a regular basis. like 6 times now since wednesday? And no...no particular reason but tactical choices are always debatable though

Has MWO gone mainstream since christmas?

Edited by Exard3k, 23 February 2018 - 12:45 AM.

#2 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

Been a thing since CBT. But hey, MWO is mild compared to other games (not even popular games either). You'll notice that they usually come from potatoes who think they're better than you, when in reality it's the good players who will either be nice-ish about your poor decisions or just won't say anything.

Sometimes you'll get that special case who just thrives off of being an A-Hole, but those are usually dealt with and forgotten.

#3 digital O-Q

• PipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

not enough hugs . . .

#4 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

View PostExard3k, on 23 February 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

Shut up

Shut the **** up

Get Lost

Shut your ******* mouth

I used to communicate in MWO since I'm playing this game...had a break for like 2 months and in the last few days I encounter these "terms" on a regular basis. like 6 times now since wednesday? And no...no particular reason but tactical choices are always debatable though

Has MWO gone mainstream since christmas?

Now where's the fun in using that kind of language on pug commanders when trolling and countermanding them the whole match is way more entertaining .

#5 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:36 AM

I think there is an option to disable voip and the chat hud if the internet is too tough for you

#6 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:38 AM

The matches I am in no one says a word.

Got to understand quickplay gets trolled a lot at times. You got those that are trying to ruin the game, and there are those that are ring to herd players into group queues as well.

Online games get trolled a lot. PUBG just banned over 1 million accounts for cheating for example.

#7 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

And in predictable fashion, we have Johnny Z mentioning in some way, shape or form "cheating" whether it be this game or another. Everyone take a shot!

#8 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:47 AM

View PostN0ni, on 23 February 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

And in predictable fashion, we have Johnny Z mentioning in some way, shape or form "cheating" whether it be this game or another. Everyone take a shot!

I didn't mention you by name and wasn't even talking about this game, not sure why you are so upset.

Although I should thank you for helping to make my point.

Edited by Johnny Z, 23 February 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

Just ignore trolls on chat and VOIP and call out what you see. You are communicating useful things, right?

#10 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:49 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 23 February 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

not sure why you are so upset.

Why would i be upset when i was making a joke? Or did that go over your head?

#11 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

I don't mind people swearing or angrily ranting.

I find it amusing.
Am i being weird?

#12 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

Usually I just mute people. Especially the ones that say hello at the beginning of a match. Nothing of interest comes out of them, all they do is find 2 more people an have a casual conversation as they end up dying first doing next to no damage.

I also mute those talking all the time. These usually are supidly ******** and say nothing of relevancy as well.

Der Titel ist übrigends Bildzeitungsformat.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 23 February 2018 - 03:54 AM.

#13 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 23 February 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

Usually I just mute people. Especially the ones that say hello at the beginning of a match. Nothing of interest comes out of them, all they do is find 2 more people an have a casual conversation as they end up dying first doing next to no damage.

I also mute those talking all the time. These usually are supidly ******** and say nothing of relevancy as well.

So you mute people just for saying something as harmless as "hello"? That makes no sense at all. I always begin matches by saying "howdy" to my team, if only to see if anyone else has a mic. In this game, a little communication can go a long way when people are trying to work together. Not everyone is dropping 12-man teams while all in the same Discord or Teamspeak channel.

#14 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:16 AM

View PostExard3k, on 23 February 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

**** You

Maybe later, but right now I'm busy.

#15 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 23 February 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

So you mute people just for saying something as harmless as "hello"? That makes no sense at all. I always begin matches by saying "howdy" to my team, if only to see if anyone else has a mic. In this game, a little communication can go a long way when people are trying to work together. Not everyone is dropping 12-man teams while all in the same Discord or Teamspeak channel.

A life long study conducted by myself says that these people are bad performers in games and if followed, lead to losing the match. Ingame comms are not for "hey guys hows your day been". It is for short messages to coordinate, as you say yourself. If you want something else get ******* friends into teamspeak or simply chat as this does not harass peoples ears and disturb people at pre match preperations.

If you have to ask what these are, you are one of the talkative ones. Usually it is best to start with scanning for known names and units to prioritize targets and evaluate chances for success. I'd pull the immersion card but this game has ****** up so hard that there is little left.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 23 February 2018 - 04:25 AM.

#16 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:26 AM

As swearing is a day to day life here in Australia it doesn't bother me at all and i do it myself, last i checked Adults can say what they think if the horrible populations weren't so bad and idiotic people would have no reason to get upset and swear..

Stop being a inbred monkey and people wont go off at you.

Looked in a mirror lately...

Edited by Samial, 23 February 2018 - 04:31 AM.

#17 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:27 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 23 February 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

A life long study conducted by myself says that these people are bad performers in games and if followed, lead to losing the match. Ingame comms are not for "hey guys hows your day been". It is for short messages to coordinate, as you say yourself. If you want something else get ******* friends into teamspeak or simply chat as this does not harass peoples ears and disturb people at pre match preperations.

If you have to ask what these are, you are one of the talkative ones. Usually it is best to start with scanning for known names and units to prioritize targets and evaluate chances for success. I'd pull the immersion card but this game has ****** up so hard that there is little left.

On the one hand I agree that if you want to chat you should probably be doing it in teamspeak so everyone else doesn't have to hear it.

On the other hand you must be just so fun at parties.

#18 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

View PostDago Red, on 23 February 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

On the other hand you must be just so fun at parties.

Excuse me, I think I might made it sound like that I care.

Posted Image

It is happening way too often lately that people just casually chat in voice comm and **** up hard afterwards. I had enough.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 23 February 2018 - 04:33 AM.

#19 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:46 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 23 February 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

Excuse me, I think I might made it sound like that I care.

Posted Image

It is happening way too often lately that people just casually chat in voice comm and **** up hard afterwards. I had enough.

Yes you wouldn't want to have fun and enjoy a game we play would we... Just because you're antisocial doesn't mean everyone is.

Edited by Samial, 23 February 2018 - 04:47 AM.

#20 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

Just disable VOIP?

BILD ist übrigens keine zeitung

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users