Testing Grounds: Change Target Mechs As You Do With Trials

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

I don't know how many people uses the Testing Grounds. I do. Specially when I am trying to refine the build of certain mechs, checking how fast do they heat, guessing the best way to group weapons... and figuring out how difficult would be to kill certain mechs.

The thing is... if our target mechs change, we would also do something useful: train and know about where to hit those mech. Ok, head shots are very difficult. But aiming the shot we can guess the best place to hit side torsos (which is one of my favorite aiming points).

I think this wouldn't be difficult to improve and, in the other hand, it would make more appealing the Testing grounds.

#2 DragoWolf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

I'm not familiar with the coded structure of MWO,
but it seems entirely possible for them to load the models through
a client-side check of trial mechs.(Assuming testing grounds is stored client-side)
The current trial mechs are updated via patch, so the current models in testing grounds would
exist as empty objects that only hold the last trial mechs
set's value's.

Therefore, when the trial mechs get changed, the testing grounds will just
pull models for the testing ground mechs from the latest set of trial mechs until
the next update.

#3 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Targets in testing grounds changing to current trial mechs would be nice.
Having randomized spawns would be nice too (e.g. large number of possible spawn locations and mechspawner picks 8 randomly).

Edited by Exilyth, 18 March 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#4 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:53 AM

If I'm not mistaken, all of the mechs on each of the training grounds maps are I.S.
This is a great way for Clanners to learn the 'weak points' on Inner Sphere chassis.
However, it leaves the I.S. pilots out in the cold as far as learning more about the strengths/weakness's of the clan chassis.
Has always been this way, and this has been addressed in past forum posts, with no response from the developers.
Here's hoping your message gets thru this time.
Peace.

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:02 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 18 March 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

However, it leaves the I.S. pilots out in the cold as far as learning more about the strengths/weakness's of the clan chassis.

The strengths of Clan mechs are their weapons and slightly faster heavies/assaults.
The weakness of Clan mechs are their extremely reduced armor, heat capacity, and slightly slower lights.

None of that is something you can learn much about in the TG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users