Which Assault Has The Highest Mobility?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:32 AM

I'm not a new player but I'm also not much of an assault player.
So, to remedy this issue, I'm looking to get into assaults.

Which assault mechs have the highest mobility?

#2 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

Zeus, Cyclops, Victor, Gargoyle, Executioner. Of out those, Gargoyle wins out slightly above Zeus, but Zeus hero has MASC, which makes it the most mobile of that bunch in short bursts.

#3 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

what horse said also sombody putted excel + graph if you wanna see what other mech agile

https://docs.google....yk2AuaPjsg/edit

Edited by Palfatreos, 03 March 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#4 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

personally the executioner followed by the victor are my top 2 but i am a JJ dancer. the executioner with MASC is hard to beat if you can dance those JJs like a leaf on a breeze...

i also agree with the above posts

honorable mention goes to the Boars Head Atlas, if you dare to use all mobility skills and the stock 400xl. was better mastered before the skill tree. while not in the same class as the above mentioned mechs it is surprising light on it's feet for an atlas. been playing with a 370 light engine lately and jury is still out...

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:19 AM

View Postloopala, on 03 March 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

honorable mention goes to the Boars Head Atlas, if you dare to use all mobility skills and the stock 400xl. was better mastered before the skill tree. while not in the same class as the above mentioned mechs it is surprising light on it's feet for an atlas. been playing with a 370 light engine lately and jury is still out...
While I admit it's the most agile Atlas, it's still an Atlas. Some of the Cyclops variants can run similar builds with better mobility.

Edited by Horseman, 04 March 2018 - 01:19 AM.

#6 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:03 AM

I was already 'eyeing' the cyclops, but since I'm clam currently, I think I'll give Mr. Gargles a try.

Thank you everyone.

#7 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:09 AM

I would go for the Executioner with MASC, Gargoles are too LIGHT for my taste Posted Image

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

it is 100 percent NOT the executioner.

Exe got hit HARD with the engine de-sync and was given a HORRIBLE base mobility profile. This means that even with MASC it is bad. Remember, MASC just boosts percentages from your base stats, which if they are absolutely terrible to begin with, will be "terrible +" when MASC is added.

P.S. It seems a lot of you have confused straight line speed with mobility, they are not the same thing.

Edited by Boogie138, 05 March 2018 - 12:39 PM.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

Wot about the Marauder IIC (2 Heavy Larger Lazors, and 6 Medium er Lazors AND A BOATLOAD OF HEATSINKS.

and Warhawk (Quad ER PPC, Quad Large Pulse or a mixture of the two.)

both are quite fast for clan assault mechs

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:25 AM

Top speed isn't mobility. Look at acceleration, deceleration and turn rate.

#11 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

Speed isn't mobile

Plz explain

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:29 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 13 March 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Speed isn't mobile
Plz explain
I already did. Each mech has parameters that define their acceleration, deceleration and turn rate. None of them is affected by your engine rating.

Take two mechs with same speed but different accel/decel/turn and see how differently they handle in testing grounds.

Edited by Horseman, 14 March 2018 - 02:30 AM.

#13 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:39 AM

if you want a fast assault with a tiny profile, try urbanmech with a std engine :) you're welcome.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:56 AM

Yeah so like I said Marauder IIC and Warhawk
If u want a mobile clan assault thats good instead of meh

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 14 March 2018 - 03:57 AM.

#15 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 14 March 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

Yeah so like I said Marauder IIC and Warhawk
Dude, no. You haven't seen the spreadsheet?
https://docs.google....yk2AuaPjsg/edit

Marauder IIC is an average representative of the 85-90 tonnage bracket. Warhawk is only a little better, with mobility profile on a 75-tonner. Neither is what OP asked for.

OP is looking for outliers that handle like substantially lighter mechs. Gargoyle has mobility profile of a 50-tonner. Zeus of a 55-tonner. Victor, Cyclops and Executioner are there with 60-tonners. Highlander matches 65-tonners. Highlander IIC and Battlemaster match 70-tonners

Edited by Horseman, 14 March 2018 - 05:30 AM.

#16 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:06 AM

What the OP doesn't want is a Direwolf great on firepower but maxed out on the speed twerk all I can get is 51.5 kph. Battlemasters,etc alot more speed and agility.

#17 Wolf McNish

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:57 AM

Just a question, why is the Highlander and IIC Highlander so underrated?

It's not as fast as other mechs, but it makes it up wit the Jump Jets, if you know how to use them.
Mind you they aren't for pop-tarting in this mech!!!

Jumpjets are completely missing from that dataset.

They are especially great if you have to get in and out of cover quickly, the JJs have saved my virtual rear more than a few times in tight situations.

They also open up new avenues of attack, like when you just have to get to a LRM-Boat behind a hill or certain buildings.
Or Jumping the Ledge near the gates at Grim Portico.......or the gate for that matter.
Or if you have to attack the E6-E5 part of River City.......somehow all those quicker non-JJ mechs struggle quite mightly there.
Same for E7-E8 or the G7 City Quarter.

And in Rubellite you really are advantaged with jump jets, due to it's three dimensional nature.
Mining collective as well, you know especially when your team is attacking defenders on the E4 plateau or other regions.
Crimson Straight too, North Western Section especially.

And Forest Colony, how many time have I got stuck on rocks or the outcroppings and been happy to have JJs?
Shall I go on?

However to be effectively used one needs to skill the JJ Tree a bit, namely Lift Speed, Vent Calibration and Vectoring.
Heat shielding depends on the Mech, Mist Lynxes need it a lot.

The Mad-IIC has JJs in certain configs boosting the mobility, same as the KDK-2.

Oh BTW PGI, give us the Highlander Burial also known as Death From Above already! (And brawling preferably, so that we can play Mist Lynx Football with those annoying ankle-biters that hide in our Assault's Crotch! Posted Image )

Edited by Wolf McNish, 18 March 2018 - 08:06 AM.

#18 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

mobility is a combination of speed, agility, jump capability, hill climb ability
MASC can help with speed, agailty and ability to climb hills

Jumpjets on Assualts are not great at the moment but are due a buff soon (unfortunately that is not this month)
in the spoiler is a minor rant on the general unfairness of current jump jet values
Spoiler

bigger engine only helps with top speed
the atributes can all be enhanced with the skill tree so what you are looking for are the base Mech stats which the spreadsheet will tell you

there is no absolute most mobile Assualt Mech the way there is with Light (SDR-5V) and Medium (most Viper varients and the jumping varient of Cicada) the fastest and most agile Assualt (without extras) cannot fit MASC or jumpjets meaning other Mechs can be more mobile by fitting MASC or Jumpjets

the best climbers are:
Gargoyle, Zeus, Victor, Awesome, Warhawk, Stalker, Marauder IIC, Supernova, Nightstar

the top max speed is Gargoyle

the best turn rate goes to Gargoyle

this makes Gargolye the assualt Mech with the best base mobility, but it looses out in jumping and masc compatability also it has low payload space compaired to all other assualts.
Victor comes second in most mobility attributes (including speed, if it takes max engine), and can also jump (I am pretty sure it is the best assualt Jumper) but if you want all that speed again you have to compromise in other areas (firepower and/or armor)

I could go on like that for each assualt chassis, but basicly if you want speed and agility you are better off sticking with smaller assualt Mechs (or bettter yet Light, Medium or Heavy Mechs)

Assualt Mechs with MASC (gives about a 200% boost to agility and acceleration + something like a 20% boost to top speed while active, but over-use it and your Mech will take leg damage)
Zeus, Executioner, Kodiak*

Mechs with Jump Jets
Victor, Highlander, Highlander IIC, Nightstar, Marauder IIC, Mad Cat MK II, Supernova, Executioner, Dire Wolf, Kodiak*

*While there is a varient of the Kodiak which can fit Jets and a varient which can fit MASC no varient can fit both

#19 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostWolf McNish, on 18 March 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

Just a question, why is the Highlander and IIC Highlander so underrated?
It's not as fast as other mechs, but it makes it up wit the Jump Jets, if you know how to use them.
Mind you they aren't for pop-tarting in this mech!!!

Jump jets aid with traversal, but do not affect the mech's handling. As I wrote, both HGNs are among the outliers but do not handle quite as well as some of the other options.

#20 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostHorseman, on 18 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Jump jets aid with traversal, but do not affect the mech's handling.

I disagree.

Jump jets allow you to turn sharper as you can change the direction your mech is facing without changing the direction of movement when in the air.
When you land your direction of travel changes to the new direction the mech is facing.

Aka jumps allow 180 degrees turns and aid mech handling in terms of turn rate.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 18 March 2018 - 07:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users