Ghost Cub Looking For A Patient And Relaxed Unit

6 replies to this topic

#1 realGUD

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

I've only been playing about 2 weeks but I've watched a bunch of the Kana F2P, done a bunch of research, and I'm coming along alright (just had my first 1000+ damage round). I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to dedicate but I am dedicated to learning my way through the various roles in the game and will do my best to be a useful addition to any drop in those roles.

Currently only own a Huntsman (with quite a few different omnipod options for different styles). Looking to potentially pick up the $60 clan pack with the +cbill Shadowcat and +cbill Arctic Cheetah but my finances won't allow for it at the moment.

#2 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

real,
It really depends on what you are looking for in a unit experience wise-There are some really focused (FW) units and some more 'relaxed' units.

CGBI is a lore based unit (meaning we offer training and hold Trials and such), but we have everyone from Crusader to Warden to just 'Stompy mechs' in our formation. Others offer more a more 'disciplined' approach.
If you are interested, our site is ghost-bear-command.com, you can click on our TS channel to join us in faction or QP.

#3 realGUD

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostGhostryder, on 06 March 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

real,
It really depends on what you are looking for in a unit experience wise-There are some really focused (FW) units and some more 'relaxed' units.

CGBI is a lore based unit (meaning we offer training and hold Trials and such), but we have everyone from Crusader to Warden to just 'Stompy mechs' in our formation. Others offer more a more 'disciplined' approach.
If you are interested, our site is ghost-bear-command.com, you can click on our TS channel to join us in faction or QP.

Sounds good I've been so focused grinding the event to try and get the bonus c-bills and fill out my drop deck I hadn't checked this topic. I'll hit you guys up and check out the site.

Dropdeck is filling out nicely btw, MLX, WHK, Orion IIC, SHC, and HMN. I'm going to pick up the cbill artic cheetah on the sale coming in 3 or so days too. I plan to grab a TBR then too because the Orion is more a sale buy then my favorite thing to pilot.

Edited by realGUD, 10 March 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#4 Kyle Darklighter

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

I'm kinda in the dame boat. Benn playing 6 or 7 weeks but don't really crack more than 300 DMG on a good game. Normally doing fire support or capture/ base assault roles. Wouldn't mind a slightly laid back unit to help me along.

#5 realGUD

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

View PostKyle Darklighter, on 11 March 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm kinda in the dame boat. Benn playing 6 or 7 weeks but don't really crack more than 300 DMG on a good game. Normally doing fire support or capture/ base assault roles. Wouldn't mind a slightly laid back unit to help me along.

Hello brother bear,
I hope you were able to pick up some new chassis during the event. I'm able to consistently turn in 300+ games now (unless I'm in a brawling chassis, more on that later). I'm finding the lines between the weight classes to be the easiest way of understanding how I should play. Generally in lights, I try to always be flanking, I mostly run Laser + MG on them since your best chance of being effective in combat is coring someone from behind. On my mediums it depends more on mount points, my Huntsman is a relatively dedicated sniper boat because of the high shoulder mounts (great for poptarting/mountain humping) vs my Shadowcat that has less useful mounts but makes a great "heavy-er light". Heavies I lack a lot of experience with but I'm looking forward to trying a mid-range Orion IIC-A. In the assault category, I'm sniping/alphaing with a WHK-C dual lasers and PPCs.

For consistently breaking 300 damage, if you are sniping, get the zoom range upgrade so you can target components. Remember dead mechs can't fight so it's okay to sit back and let heavier mechs tank before you really start dropping damage (poking and poptarting are fine but if you start to take damage re-position immediately). AMS hulls can be nice when you are still getting the hang too just because it makes missiles (slightly) less of a headache. The hardest part in my experience is the waiting, you have to be patient no matter what chassis your in, wait till you are attacking with the advantage and if you're fast enough flee as soon as the tide turns (but don't abandon team mates, in fast mechs you can usually escape after losing an assault/heavy).

Also highly recommend survival tree first if surviving in the current mech is an issue. My games shifted drastically in the MLX-G once I started getting bonus armor from the survival tree (2 hits instead of one to boom me XD).

*Note on Brawler's, don't take them into QP unless you are super confident in them, a lot of maps favor more range and you will be crippled as far as effectiveness. On smaller maps though, holy crap are they fun, I'm limiting my brawler usage to FP.*

Hope to drop with you some time soon and excited to join CGBI (I'm a nerd for the lore so trials sound awesome).

Edited by realGUD, 12 March 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#6 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Kyle,
CGBI is ALWAYS recruiting, although we are 'quirky' in our ways-Lore based, loyal to the Clan, and have a Code of Conduct (which cna be summarized by saying, ''Don't be an a$$hat'. We have a large (and ecclectic) from Tiers 1-5, Crusader and Warden (Meaning Rabid Invaders and 'I just play when I can') types, and generally good folks.
If you want relaxed, we got it. If you want 'The Inner Sphere Must Die', we got those. We even have the 'meh, its a stompy robot game and I want to play with fun peeps'.
Not saying we are all things to all people, but we DO have a large community where you can find a home.

#7 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

CBK is so relaxed most of us are asleep on the field, it takes an AC/20 to wake some of them, but if you are looking for a unit come give us a try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users