My Mcu (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Strength Index

16 replies to this topic

#1 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

Hello everyone,

After seeing the Porg thread ( lol ) and it having a few responses I figured why not share something that I have thought about once or twice which is my MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Strength Index. Sure you can go to the official Marvel site and review each character's strengths from inception, but the comics and the movies lack similarities which is why the MCU is its' own universe.

So here is my analysis from watching the movies which includes speculation of future characters, character strengths (mostly heros with a lot of screen time and because a bad guy in some instances can be anywhere on the list) before the Avengers Infinity War movies take place this summer:

My MCU Strength Index
0 - Falcon (Possible Skrull)
0 - Hawkeye (Possible Skrull)
0 - Black Widow (Possible Skrull)
0 - Star Lord
0 - Rocket

1 - Wasp (Possible Skrull)
1 - Black Panther
1 - Ironman
1 - Antman
1 - Captain America
1 - Bucky Barnes (Possible Skrull)

2 - Drax
2 - Spiderman
2 - Gamora
2 - Nebula

3 - Hulk
3 - Thor
3 - Groot
3 - Adam Warlock (Before Infinity Stone)
3 - Thanos (Without Infinity Gauntlet)

4 - Ms Marvel (Kree) / Rogue
4 - Dr Strange
4 - Scarlett Witch
4 - Vision
4 - Adam Warlock (After Infinity Stone)

5 - Thanos (With Infinity Gauntlet)
5 - Adam Warlock/HIM (With Infinity Gauntlet)
5 - Eternity
5 - Galactus

0 - 5 - Stan Lee

I feel the list is pretty accurate but feel free to comment on the list and tell me what you think.

Thanks

Edited by m, 19 September 2018 - 06:46 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

First let me say this is not considered as an attack or anything of the like, just a disagreement on the placing of several charactors

Star Lord could be a lot higher on the list (In GOTG2 he could qualify as Thor/Hulk power level or better), while he was told he would loose his powers that may not be true, it is possible he could still access those powers.

During Ragnerok Thor got a massive power boost to the point that he now totaly outclasses Hulk, perhaps bump Thor up a level

we no longer know how powerful Groot is, he was rather powerful in the first GOTG film and even Baby Groot was far from powerless but I am not convinced that teen Groot will be as strong as he was in the first film, I am unsure even at his strongest in the first film Groot would have been anywhere near close to Hulk or Thor power levels, on the other hand I am pretty sure, at least in the first film he would outclass Nebula or Gamora, maybe make Groot 2.5.

Adam Warlock has yet to be featured, we do not know how powerful he will be.

again we have not seen any indication of how powerful Thanos is without the gauntlet/stones but realisticly I cannot see his base form as being significantly less powerfull than Thor or Hulk

Spider-Man considered the Stark Tech suit to be a massive power boost, while it is true that in a few years an experianced Spiderman would likely be able to beat Iron Man or Cap as portrayed in the MCU, at this time I suspect ether could beat him, ether Cap and Iron Man need moving up a level or Spider-Man needs moving down (or put all 3 at 1.5)

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Where's Venom?
Doctor Octopus?
Sandman?

#4 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:49 AM

Looks like the people at Looper get their ideas from this forum:

#5 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:29 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 06 March 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Star Lord could be a lot higher on the list .... it is possible he could still access those powers.

His prowess is equal to Rocket and vice-versa. Unless he still has those powers, which is VERY speculative, he is just a person who has great ability with some technology that's not even his own like Hawkeye, Falcon, or Black Widow.

During Ragnerok Thor got a massive power boost to the point that he now totaly outclasses Hulk, perhaps bump Thor up a level

Thor is still Thor and Ragnarok proved that Hulk and Thor are somewhat equal. That's the joke of the movie.

The only way Thor becomes stronger is with age, which is why Odin was as strong as he was. In the comics Odin had defeated Thanos. Thor is not even close to being at that point yet, which is taking on someone with an Infinity Stone or someone who controls it's power.

Also, the only way Hulk becomes stronger is with Anger. This means that Thor and Hulk both become stronger over time. Very equal.

... I am unsure even at his strongest in the first film Groot would have been anywhere near close to Hulk or Thor power levels ...

Groot can rejuvenate very fast, has powers, and can even reincarnate. Also the weapon that Thor wields in the next movie has a handle that Groot makes for him. That pretty much means that Thor's strength and power can't harm Groot.

Adam Warlock has yet to be featured, we do not know how powerful he will be.

I mentioned that there was speculation in the list, and this is one of them.

In the comics Adam Warlock is extremely powerful and primitively young minded. So in the MCU I believe Adam Warlock is nearly as strong as Vision, but not as strong, as long as Vision has an Infinity Stone. Once Adam Warlock gets an Infinity Stone he should be stronger than Vision, but that's left for speculation like I said.

again we have not seen any indication of how powerful Thanos is without the gauntlet/stones but realisticly I cannot see his base form as being significantly less powerfull than Thor or Hulk

Thanos wears armor. The more stones he gets the less armor he wears. When he has no stones he should be as strong as Hulk or Thor with armor. When he has no armor AND no stones he should be nearly as strong as Hulk or Thor.

Spider-Man considered the Stark Tech suit to be a massive power boost, while it is true that in a few years an experianced Spiderman would likely be able to beat Iron Man or Cap as portrayed in the MCU, at this time I suspect ether could beat him, ether Cap and Iron Man need moving up a level or Spider-Man needs moving down (or put all 3 at 1.5)

It's a strength index so strength is a factor, and experience isn't really necessary. Since we know that Captain America and Bucky are somewhat the same strength, and if you seen Captain America 3, you can probably remember the scene where Spiderman pretty much grabs Bucky's arm and looks at it with ease. Also Spiderman is referenced as stopping a bus and holding a walkway that was dropped on him by Captain America. He's strong. Not only that, Spiderman can pretty much predict the future with his senses.

View PostKalimaster, on 07 March 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Where's Venom?
Doctor Octopus?
Sandman?

Hmm. I thought you would mention where's Deadpool and Wolverine? Not a fan of Deadpool or Wolverine?

Edited by m, 23 March 2018 - 09:28 PM.

#6 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

Looks like the list turned out to be pretty accurate so far.

Spoiler

Edited by m, 27 April 2018 - 12:28 AM.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 07 March 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Where's Venom?
Doctor Octopus?
Sandman?

The Juggernaut,Colosis( spelling???), etc.

#8 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 27 April 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

The Juggernaut,Colosis( spelling???), etc.

If in the next Infinity War movie a character from the X-Men universe shows up or is referenced that isn't dead they'll be added. But those characters who are classified as "enhanced" and not mutants are off the list until referenced.

The whole enhanced vs. mutant division really screws up the MCU. When the word "mutant" is used the list will grow significantly.

Until then adding a "mutant" should be done with relative caution and speculation. (eg. Rogue is heavily tied into the Ms. Marvel universe)

Edited by m, 01 May 2018 - 04:31 AM.

#9 IIXxXII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Did anyone think Inifinity War tried too much to be like game of thrones in killing off characters?

Some of the character's mannerisms and the things they said, too, reminded me of got.

Irritating to see marvel and disney stoop so far as to imitate got when they have so much good material to draw from.

#10 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

View PostIIXxXII, on 02 May 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Did anyone think Inifinity War tried too much to be like game of thrones in killing off characters?

Some of the character's mannerisms and the things they said, too, reminded me of got.

Irritating to see marvel and disney stoop so far as to imitate got when they have so much good material to draw from.

Even though Marvel's storytelling debuted first, both franchises abused tropes. Just commonplace when a writer hits a wall.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

damn, i thought this was going to be a pic vs avr flame war.

#12 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

Hulk is getting sold short in the films. That said in one comic story thanos turns hulk into a pet dog and feeds captain america to him. If you like hulk then the "old man logan" story is worth a read on youtube.

#13 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:18 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 06 May 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

... the "old man logan" story ...

I feel the whole 'old man logan story' is really controversial, more-so the movie version.

To those who are not in the know, at the end the Logan movie they try and attempt to sell the audience on the fact that Logan, the x-man with a healing factor dialed to 11, is somehow dead...what a crock of sh*t. He's clearly infected with that mutant food poison to kill off the x-gene, which is in ALL the food and they barely talk about in the movie (but they do reference slightly with quick imagery), and since he is so heavily infected, and also wounded after that final fight, including the fact he used that serum, his body like all bodies, need time to reset and heal to 100% because of all the abuse. So as of right now he is just in a coma in the x-men universe and covered with rocks which ironically protect him from a possible poisonous environment. The kids pretty much buried Wolverine/Logan alive out of ignorance.

I bet in 5, 10, or 20 years when the studio needs the money, they will bring back the character, with a new actor that they have groomed a future for in dark rooms behind the scenes, with the excuse of Wolverine/Logan being in a coma and not really dead. All for money. Hollyweird...

Heck, the first scene will probably start off with him shooting his claws out from the rocks...and I'd pay to see it.

#14 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:47 AM

I dont know about the film, that was only a nod to "old man logan" anyway but hes being poisoned by

Spoiler

i have only seen clips of the film and dont know what that serum is.

Agree with what you saying about digging him up in some way. They could still make more with the same actor anyway, its marvel and they alternate universes and time travel.

Edited by Burke IV, 31 August 2018 - 05:51 AM.

#15 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

So this just dropped:

Seems that Stark is lost in space with Nebula in the Milano ship and Stark just has his damaged helmet left. I assume his suit could have been affected by Thanos snapping his fingers (nano particles could have been alive and 50% of them are left), the fight with Thanos severely damaged the suit to an unrepairable end, or like we all seen Rocket do in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with his repair tools, Stark may used his suit to repair the Milano for flight.

If the Milano had been damaged in-flight in space and sent the Milano adrift the only thing that I could imagine that could have done it would have been Adam Warlock after he was born, had gotten his powers, and didn't know what he was doing and had launched himself into space (similar to the comics), and then they would have to be saved by Ms. Marvel who is headed toward Earth. There could be many reasons as to why they are adrift other than being damaged...like fuel I suppose lol.

When Hawkeye/Ronin is seen, to me it only makes sense if his family was affected. What is weird is that if his family was affected, it would typically be half of the family in the Thanos mindset. So maybe the mother was doing something where she was in control of the safety of her kids, like driving a car, and she vanishes at full speed. Who knows?

As for those Antman scenes it almost seems like the midpoint or ending of the movie because of the rush element involved in the scene and how Antman somehow has all the answers already.

Also, the movie seems like it is going to be a lightly dressed Antman themed movie with a lot of time travel, alternate universes and realities where their main reality is going to be repaired within it's own micro-verse and everyone pops out at the end of the movie where everything is back to normal. Could be wrong. ??

Lastly I think Thanos and Eternity may be the main bad guys who butt-heads in this movie fighting Adam Warlock, Stark, Nebula, and whoever doesn't go into that red van because that to me at least seems like the only way we will see Nebula get the gauntlet for her little moment.

My prediction on final deaths:

Nebula
Thanos

Edited by m, 07 December 2018 - 01:44 PM.

#16 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:30 PM

1 more thing ... Red Skull should be free now so I would expect him somewhere in Avenger's End Game, with possibly who was previously trapped in the Soul Stone. That to me seems like a side story that I don't think many realize exist

#17 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:52 PM

Just seen Endgame. Recommended movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users