Mechcon 2018 Suggestions

1 reply to this topic

#1 Weagles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

Mechcon 2017 was loads of fun. It could be improved upon in 2018.

I like many of my fellow mech warriors use a desktop to play and it does not travel. I and many of the members of my unit and other units who attended came a few days early to enjoy the city and hang with fellow mech warriors. While there was lots to do what we could not do was play MWO.

Any chance you could set up some game stations somewhere to play for a few hours a day before the for the event and to have it set up for 12 v 12 at Mechcon. It would be great to challenge units face to face and to have a real lobby be the lobby.

Speaking of challenges, C4 challenged HHoD to curling at the Olympic Curling Center. Great fun for all even though none of us would even be invited to play in a beginner league. Care to arrange the PGI Mech Warrior curling challenge the day before Mechcon starts?

There are many brewpubs in Vancouver. Some are in interesting locations like one we found in an area of burned out crack houses and warehouses down by the grain elevators at the river. When the bartender takes a sample away from you because it is curdling you know your in trouble. Would be great to leverage PGI's collective knowledge of the beer scene and have a pub crawl map which would avoid some of the lesser locations. Knowing the competitive nature of mech warriors, challenges will naturally form.

At Mechcon 2017 Chris stopped by our table and talked with us for about 30 minutes. To casually make suggestions and be able to answer feedback questions in a small group setting was awesome. The Flea question is now moot so could this happen a little more this year?

The studio tour was great. While there members of my unit made a few suggestions for things we would like to see. [color=#222222]One was a warhorn and another was a color. [/color] Those PGI staff that we talked to were receptive to the concepts. We are waiting to see if either of them are going to get incorporated into the game. At Mechcon could there be an area to submit ideas for cockpit items, colors, decals, and the like. If they are simple enough, have an artist make a mock. Maybe stream the more clever mocks to the at home audience for feedback?

While watching the stream for the first Mechcon and attending the 2017 Mechcon I noticed there were times when not much was happening on the screens. There are tons of MWO game content videos that are visually fascinating. Can summited content either from a contest or request be played in the dead times.

Playing part of MW5 was a real treat. So was playing Solaris7. MORE MORE MORE like this. Even it is a sneak peak at a new map we want try it. Great way to see where we get stuck.

Units were represented. Many had shirts made up for the event. If they sign up for it, could you invite them up on stage so they can be recognized. Fills dead air time with scary hairy visuals.

#2 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:44 AM

Wow, mechcon sounds like great fun!

The only problem i have with mechcon is that i am too young to attend

Perhaps PGI could hold an official tournament for players under 19 sometime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users