Cplt-A1 Trial Mech

8 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

I would like to know if anyone was able to get the 9 KMDD with this mech during the last event?

I was able to get 3 total, but the 2 lrm15's and 2 srm 6's with the XL engine was very difficult to work with.

Peace.

Edited by Peace2U, 12 March 2018 - 08:07 PM.

#2 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

I did, but it took me many more matches than any other mech. It having an XL engine and still being slow as crap did not help anything.

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:19 PM

Thanks, DHT.
I thought It was just me.
Seemed way to hard of a goal for that mech.
Glad I did not buy one.
Peace

#4 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

The mech itself is usable, but the trial loadout is absolutely terrible, especially for newer players.

#5 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:00 PM

I had a great time with mine, but I was running a custom variant with 2x MRM 40.

#6 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

Well first it's a trial mech, second it's an IS mech... third an lrm boat ! Sure it was hard man!

#7 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostSPNKRGrenth, on 13 March 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

The mech itself is usable, but the trial loadout is absolutely terrible, especially for newer players.

The ironic thing about that is, the trial loadout was chosen by the community(if I'm not mistaken) as something that should be decent for newer players, and newer players only.

The only real problem is that the trial 'Mechs haven't been updated in far too long, and so all the loadouts are severely outdated compared to the latest optimal builds for those 'Mechs.

#8 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

I did not know the community had influence on trial mech spec's.
Why in the world, would a group of experienced players configure a chassis to have such low DPS, and such high vulnerability, especially if it was to be used to help newer players get used to piloting it?
I struggled with this one, and found it frustrating to work with.
Did not have any trouble with any other trial mechs I tried, and was able to achieve the event goals with only reasonable effort.
One thing I discovered thru this experience was that the Clan mechs were twice as easy to win with vs the I.S. models.
Thanks all for your input on this, I feel a little better knowing the catapult trial mech was a bogus design.
Peace

#9 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 14 March 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Why in the world, would a group of experienced players configure a chassis to have such low DPS, and such high vulnerability, especially if it was to be used to help newer players get used to piloting it?

Because back when they designed it like that, it was a decent loadout. Much like all the rest of the irrelevant trial mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users