What The Spider?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

All I know is that I will not being using anything with missiles on those giant juicy arm hitboxes

#22 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

I actually asked PGI to make the legs a bit thicker and rounder.. and to be honest, I don't see much improvement.. But the mech does look good..

I like that it has a face that resembles a spider.. unlike the "Spider" that looks nothing like a spider..

#23 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:27 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 March 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

I like that it has a face that resembles a spider.. unlike the "Spider" that looks nothing like a spider..

IIRC, the 30-ton Spider actually gets its name from the red fiberglass sealant that is used in its chest plating, as it looks like a web.

#24 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 15 March 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

IIRC, the 30-ton Spider actually gets its name from the red fiberglass sealant that is used in its chest plating, as it looks like a web.

Correct.

#25 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 14 March 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...1926ecc485c.jpg

It looks NOTHING like how it was back in the Roadmap. For example, one of the most recognizable feature is the appendage around the mouth, or the fang. That's completely gone. The side torse is supposed to situate BEHIND the CT cockpit to look more or less like a spider's body. That's gone too. Now, it just reminds me more like a Cataphract,

1) It looks identical to what is in the store.
2) Its all about viewing angles. What you see in the store is from the side and under the mech while the Screenshots are shoing it from directly forward. When you view it from a similar angle you'll see it hasn't really changed. https://mwomercs.com...4cebb000286.jpg
3) Stop this hysteria, please, and get some help.

#26 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:31 AM

I'd still like to see the Venom. However, being 35 tons with only 4 energy hardpoints makes it a tough sell....

Still, it's a Spider on Steroids.

Posted Image

#27 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 March 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

I'd still like to see the Venom. However, being 35 tons with only 4 energy hardpoints makes it a tough sell....

Still, it's a Spider on Steroids.

The thing about hardpoints is if you dont have many you just mount bigger guns my friend or extra equipment like jj bap etc. just my 2 cents Posted Image

The sun spider looks fine ingame infact id say it looks really good probably better than the concept art imo

#28 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 14 March 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

All I know is that I will not being using anything with missiles on those giant juicy arm hitboxes

Look how weak its armour is aswell. Its a mech that is supposed to hit from a position where it cant be hit back. Its all support mech imo but the shape of it wont matter too much if you play it right. I dunno how much that will actually translate into the game but it looks that way on paper.

Edited by Burke IV, 18 March 2018 - 10:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users