- - - - -

Startup

6 replies to this topic

#1 emtygun

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

I downloaded the game but don't see any launch. Do I need to purchase a mech too play?

#2 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:28 AM

Normally, everybody has access to some form of trial Mechs they can use to earn enough money to purchase their own Mechs. You might need to check for the corresponding feature under Select Mechs.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

View Postemtygun, on 16 March 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I downloaded the game but don't see any launch. Do I need to purchase a mech too play?

What do you mean exactly?

Can you be more specific ?

You do not have to pay one dime to play everything in game that is there....given enough time....and with the exception that there are some early access mechs that you can buy in store to play but will be released half a year later for ingame currency.

The button to just quickplay with the currently selected mech is in the upper right corner.
To select a mech click on Mechlab --> Select mech --> Show all --> klick on the mech you want to play --> push the green button in the upper right corner of your UI.

Also Youtube is your friend there are lots of very helpfull guides on youtube .... just make sure they are from 2016 or later so you get the new mechlab UI.

Edited by The Basilisk, 17 March 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#4 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

No.
Click "Select Mech". There are sixteen "Trial" mechs available at any given time. If you don't see them in your mech list, make sure the sliders ("Both-Inner Sphere-Clan" and "Both-Owned-Trial") are the top are set to "Both". You cannot change the loadouts on trial mechs.
But I insist that you first go through the tutorial ("Academy"). There are some C-Bills (in game currency) rewarded for completing it and for completing the checkpoint race (you want to get the best rating on the race to get the best reward, you can retry it as many times as you need)

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

Launch of the game, or what? Normally when you start, you get instantly turned into tutorial.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 17 March 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

Launch of the game, or what? Normally when you start, you get instantly turned into tutorial.

Or a fresh install with new profiles... fun!

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

Okay, MWO not a browser game. It would install a program called "Mechwarrior Online" or MWO Bootstrapper (does it still go by that name?) Edit: The end task list calls the program's process "MWO Bootstrapper", the program's face name is MechWarrior Online.

Either way, like The Sims, Battlefield, etc... it's something in your Start - Programs to open (or if you downloaded it on steam, just like literally any steam game ever).

This 2014 guide I made is a bit dated, but it should be about the same.

View PostKoniving, on 05 April 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Question: HOW DO I PLAY i downloaded the installer and now I'm at the online page but i can't play

Alright.

Step one, this is not a web-based game and does not require the website to launch. Only to download the installer.
That said, if you ran the installer you should have this little guy in your start menu.
Posted Image
Please click it now and say "yes" to allowing it to run in administrator mode.
Now you'll see this screen.
Posted Image

Step 2. See that pretty blue button with the white text? Says "Patch." Click that. When it's good and ready -- some long time later -- you'll be ready to play.

Skipping an hour or three... (Or if its plenty patched up which is unlikely if you didn't know how to start it, just continue).

Now you'll see this.
Posted Image

Alright! It's ready to go.

Step 3: Hit Play.

You'll find yourself here after the publisher and developer are done kindly reminding you who brought this game to you; which they will do every time you start the game. Hit space repeatedly to tell them "Yeah, yeah, START THE GAME ALREADY!!!!"
Posted Image

Now enter your email and password.
Once there, you'll find yourself on a page much like this....with a lot fewer mechs.
Posted Image

That's the game reminding you that you're space-poor. But don't worry, for your first 25 matches the game will shove LOTS of c-bills (money) down your throat until you've got roughly enough to get almost any mech you want for your first mech. Click any of the trial mechs and then click launch.

Or better, click "Home", "Tutorial" if it doesn't already put you there on its own. Then after, click "Home" and "Testing Grounds," to get familiar with things before really mean people in large walking battlemechs (mechanized walking tanks) shoot you. (Note: The tutorial will try to get you to run through it before you start your first match. The tutorial gives you some bonus money, too, for completing it thoroughly. But you can do this at any time.)

And that's...
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 17 March 2018 - 07:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users