Blackjack 3

7 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

I am looking for some nice damage builds for the Blackjack 3 and played around a bit with Smurfy...

Is this any good?

https://mwo.smurfy-n...164d2f3668b49e1

Or is this problematic because of no JJs and no AMS?

#2 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

That is going to be very hot. I used my BJ-3 for ages with a pair of PPCs and SPLs, using the PPCs at range and the SPLs up close. Nearly a year since the last time I used it, if I were to retool it I might turn it into this: BJ-3. I haven't tested it, but it's almost twice as cool as the one you had, can do almost as much of an alpha (with more sustained DPS), and can hop with the single JJ. Trade the ERMLs for MLs to improve the DPS and heat efficiency another notch.

Sadly still can't fire 4 light PPCs at once (which is the same 20 damage as two PPCs), but now at least with them allowing three it's slightly better on ghost heat.

#3 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the ERPPCs specifically because they had no minimum range. I assumed I would be firing either the PPCs or the Lasers, not both. But yeah, Heat was a concern. Guess it is noticeable that I have not used PPCs before. :)

Just curious, any builds I have seen always had the PPCs in the Arms and not the Torso. Is that for better range of motion? I assumed the PPCs in the Torso would help with peeking.

Either way, if anybody else has some good build idea's, I appreciate all of them. :)

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

The arm mounts on the blackjack are pretty high and have vertical mobility. Torso mounts are lower.

#5 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Picked up the Blackjack 3 earlier today. Did a couple of matches with it to get a feeling for it. I am still using the basic build, seeing as I do not have the money or gear to change anything right now. But eventually, I will. :)

All I can tell already is that the ERPPCs are off the table. I have enough problems hitting with the normal ones at ranges over 700m, that the ERPPCs would be a complete waste. I will take a look at the Light PPCs, though. So thanks for the suggestions.

#6 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Use the ERs at same ranges as normals, they have higher velocity and therefore will hit targets with less lead.

#7 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

Well, was toying around with Light PPCs on my BlackJack 3 for a while, but it was not really satisfying.
Then I turned my eye to Heavy PPC with medium lasers.

BJ-3

Similar damage like the loadout in the OP, but with a bit more heat efficency. Moreover, it has enough firepower within the minium range as the HPPC is the only weapon that can be underrun.

#8 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:29 AM

If you use ERPPC you don't need back up weapons becuase ERPPCs not only fire longer but they also have NO MINIMUM RANGE.

The ERPPC Blackjack uses 2 ERPPCs, JJs and the rest armor and heat sinks.

Other BJ-3 possibilities are:
2 PPCs + JJs + A couple lasers for back up.
2 HPPC + JJs for brutal stopping power specially against lights with no back up weapons, a risky proposition but very rewarding if you know or want to learn how to aim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users