5 replies to this topic

#1 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:02 PM

Please excuse my ignorance, where NOW is the Oceanic server?

I understood it was in Singapore..? 220ms

Trialed in Sydney? @ 120ms

Now 220ms and rubberbanding @ unplayable...

I will assume AU has approx 10 -15 player base and its not cost worthy, yet I personally have invested a great deal of real money in this game.

So what the go?

Thanks

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:03 PM

Singapore.

Where it has always been.

When it was being tested people (mostly) were sub 100 from mechlab but that is all that was being tested, mechlab. Ingame was still in Singapore.

If you are rubberbanding you have internet issues and losing packets - ISP issue. I played fince with 350ms over the weekend (while streaming). Zero rubberbanding to speak of. Same as last night, 280ms ping, no issues.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 19 March 2018 - 07:10 PM.

#3 EvangelX

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

ah, ok thanks

recent rubberband has had me,... flustered

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

If it is a server issue try to zoom. Normally gameplay would be relatively smooth but other people might occasionally "shift over" and requests to zoom the vision would take unusually long (3 to 5 seconds in 1000+ ping.)

Even at 1k+ ping I don't find too many issues.

Rubber banding of yourself is an issue of communication between your game client and the server as the server will say "you can't be where you claim you are lets fix that". That is what the server tells your client which the client then jolts you to where the server says you should be...since the client isn't sharing information fast enough or as Ash said you may be losing server packets.

Try a ping test to a few sites and see if it says you are losing packets to other locations as well.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Another way to tell a server issue is if everyone complains of rubber banding and you see other people running in place or teleporting. Whether the twilight zone or the outer limits.... Everything is weird when the issue is server side (and you can move perfectly in a server issue.... just either you teleport occasionally or it stops updating you server side so while you might be in K9 they might see you as walking in place in B3.)

#6 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostKoniving, on 19 March 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

If it is a server issue try to zoom. Normally gameplay would be relatively smooth but other people might occasionally "shift over" and requests to zoom the vision would take unusually long (3 to 5 seconds in 1000+ ping.)

Even at 1k+ ping I don't find too many issues.

Rubber banding of yourself is an issue of communication between your game client and the server as the server will say "you can't be where you claim you are lets fix that". That is what the server tells your client which the client then jolts you to where the server says you should be...since the client isn't sharing information fast enough or as Ash said you may be losing server packets.

Try a ping test to a few sites and see if it says you are losing packets to other locations as well.

This is all well and good, no zoom is not an issue. I have noticed that the MWO page will not open or takes an unusually long time to load when anything else is instant..?

Edited by Bolter01, 20 March 2018 - 03:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users