Skirmish Mode Must Have

31 replies to this topic

#1 An Innocent Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:19 AM

if there is only one mech left on one team or even both team please make it so that if there are no engagements happening in a span of 1 minute then there should be a bleep in the radar on where the current mechs are

there are too many players here who are very concerned about their Kill Death Ratio that they would just run away and shut down.

IT RUINS THE GAME, these people should be team killed without penalty

#2 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

i'll bite....

what should a disarmed mech do in a 1:1 situation? - try to secure the tie by shutting down in a dark corner or just wait for his demise?

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

View PostAn Innocent Urbie, on 22 March 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

if there is only one mech left on one team or even both team please make it so that if there are no engagements happening in a span of 1 minute then there should be a bleep in the radar on where the current mechs are

As someone who is known to stalk the enemy team completely undetected while waiting for an opportunity to strike, I completely disagree with your idea.

It absolutely matters not if said opportunity never arrives.

Besides, you can always surrender if you think finding the last player on the other side intolerable. Posted Image

there are too many players here who are very concerned about their Kill Death Ratio that they would just run away and shut down.

Contrary to popular but misguided belief, many people do it not for KDR. Many people do it to force the enemy to earn the last kill instead of just handing it on a silver platter.

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

Posted Image tahts Guy run away by first Red contact and run in the deepest Corner to seeing which great looking Tracks his Lasers make in the Ground without Enemys

#5 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Thats why i had skirmish unchecked, it was always full of runners who cant hope to win.

For every other game mode, when the timer runs out, whoever lose should be executed. Its not like he's going anywhere. We're not going to take him prisoner and we need his salvage. Plus, in many cases the winning side has no logical reasons to run after the losing guy. Its best to achieve the goal first and then go terminate the pesky runner, but do we really add another 15 minute timer after the victory has been declared? Or we could have a stats for "% alive when lost".

#6 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postw4ldO, on 22 March 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

what should a disarmed mech do in a 1:1 situation?

To die. Why is always important. Because you have nothing to gain. There is no benefit of draw over defeat.

If you can fight, when it's totally obvious you can't win, you should still fight and you should still be alloved to fight. (a lot of time my team doesn't like me doing that) Even slowly if the situation is bad. Fighting is good.

But when you can't anymore fight and there's no one else left, you should give up.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 22 March 2018 - 10:28 AM.

#7 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

No let people play.

#8 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

I must admit that things like this happen. But before you ask for regulations plz consider how often does it really happen?
Most of the time its a light mech still skirmishing or an afk. In 99% of the cases the enemy team is sensible enough to tell one from another and informs the opposing team in the chat about the location. So i see no real reason for actions.

#9 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Here's a solution:

Take the radar tower, plant one in the middle of the map.
The radar tower is locked/inactive for the first 9 minutes of the match.
After nine minutes, a mech can capture it by sitting close by.
Once captured, hostile targets are lit up for five seconds every thirty seconds or so.

Bam, problem solved with existing assets from other game modes.

#10 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

i disagree op, no player should be forced to do that. As long as that player did dmg and contributed he should be aloud to play the way he/she wants. If you dont like that either move on to another mech if you dead or if alive split up with your team to track the last mech down. If anything its more intense when theres one last mech left, the team has to split up to find them its more fun that way. Also that last mech might not have guns or is waiting for an opportunity to strike. The only time the player should be reported is if they did 0 dmg or were afk. They dont ruin the game, just deal with itPosted Image

Edited by Variant1, 22 March 2018 - 11:45 AM.

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 22 March 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Because you have nothing to gain.

The "gain" is the satisfaction of forcing the enemy to earn the kill.

View PostTheMadTypist, on 22 March 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Here's a solution:

Take the radar tower, plant one in the middle of the map.
The radar tower is locked/inactive for the first 9 minutes of the match.
After nine minutes, a mech can capture it by sitting close by.
Once captured, hostile targets are lit up for five seconds every thirty seconds or so.

Bam, problem solved with existing assets from other game modes.

You now just gave a reason for people to tactically shut down their Mechs. Posted Image

#12 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Every mode should have a secondary win codition.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

disagree, their have been times in my LCT-PB(2LPPCs) i have kited 2-3 enemy mechs and gotten some kills,
having my ECM/StealthArmor negated ruining what ever plan or goal i had and was working on isnt right,

just because someone already died and wants to drop into the next match doesnt mean my fun should be ruined,
anyone can always drop out of the match after dieing, and then drop into another mech without penalty,
if they dont want to wait that is fine, but please dont advocate for this as it will ruin the fun of theres,

that said if you are in skirmish and they just shut down and are running out the clock,
if they arnt trying to win, just stalling,then that player can be reported for non-participation,
please see (Code of Conduct) the section on non-participation for more info,

that said, no player should be team killed with out penalty,
as i feel your are just expressing your frustration not advocating such ill leave this be,
but please keep the conversation civil and respectful, thank you,

#14 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

This is what PGI should do. If the winning team with superior numbers fail to find the last enemy mech, their winning payouts should be reduced a bit. We all have been in this situation. It sucks to win without finding the last enemy mech. It never feels right.

I don't know about anyone else but, I'm not trying to get on the first page of the leaderboard matches played. I'm in no hurry to play another quick match.

#15 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

If the last survivor is afk, then presumably it's ok for their teamates to give out the location?

If anyone really does hide out the end of a match because they're worried about the effect that one death will have on their kdr, then this seems to be an extreme example of stats obsession ruining actual enjoyment of the game. Which is pretty sad really. I wonder if making public stats optional would change that.

Edited by Atomic Hamster, 22 March 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#16 An Innocent Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

View PostNameless King, on 22 March 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

No let people play.

EGG SAC LEE!

let people play and by running away and shutting down because of KDR then you are not letting other people play. in short you are depriving them of their fun

#17 An Innocent Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostAtomic Hamster, on 22 March 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

If the last survivor is afk, then presumably it's ok for their teamates to give out the location?

If anyone really does hide out the end of a match because they're worried about the effect that one death will have on their kdr, then this seems to be an extreme example of stats obsession ruining actual enjoyment of the game. Which is pretty sad really. I wonder if making public stats optional would change that.

If a mech is shutdown and they don't know where he shuts down then the only way to give the location is via coordinates and that is very hard to do

#18 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

Simple thing: securing victory via running out clock is allowed by COC, while avoiding engagement and needlessly extending duration of match - isn't. I.e. for example in 3vs1 situation winning team is allowed not to go searching for last 'Mech standing on enemy team, as they have a right to secure their victory. But if this last 'Mech refuses to openly attack them - this falls under "avoiding engagement and needlessly extending duration of match" rule. And in most cases this last 'Mech standing tries to trick winning team into chasing him, i.e. risking to be killing one by one and losing match a the result, via holding them as hostages. I.e. they have to chase him or sit in this match, till timer won't run out. And PGI should do something to prevent players from abusing starvation tactic this way, as it's against COC.

My suggestion - engagement timer.

As starvation tactic and passive gameplay are forbidden in all games. All games have some mechanics to prevent such behavior, as it's against spirit of game.

P.S. Again, for guys, who like to misinterpret rules, so they favor their point of view. Dying at the end of match - isn't suicide. Suicide - is dying abnormally early.

Edited by MrMadguy, 22 March 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#19 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

Couple things:
As I recall, skirmish mode was introduced because assault mode sucked when lights base-capped and won the match in a cowardly fashion. Many predicted exactly what the OP is complaining about, and they were right; every few weeks we see a variant of this very complaint. With no victory condition except "kill 'em all," I'm afraid you're going to have to do just that, even when that last opponent won't make it easy.

Also, if the complaint is coming from the last holdout's spectating teammates, rather than whinging about the last guy's style of play, this time would be far better spent imagining what it would be like if you hadn't done X and got yourself killed. Then you'd still be actually playing, and not having your precious time wasted. Consider it punishment for playing badly and costing your team the win. And the longer you have to wait, the sooner you died and so the more poorly you've played. It's instant karma. If you're so sick of it, learn to play and quit dying so early.

"I got killed in the first 4 minutes of this match, and spent the rest of the time trolling my last surviving teammate, so I can hurry up and get killed in the first 4 minutes of my next match and spend the rest of the time trying to get the last guy to hurry up and die so I can get to my next match..."

#20 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

If i lose all my weapons i run out in front of the enemy to try and get their attention, so they focus me and my team can get them without any return fire..

I tend to not go running around hiding for ages prolonging a match..

Edited by Samial, 23 March 2018 - 12:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users