Lucky Charms Phase 2 Faction Play And Mech Pack Sale

152 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

LUCKY CHARMS PHASE 2 FACTION PLAY
Start Time = Friday, Mar 23rd 3 PM PDT (10 PM UTC)
End Time = Friday, Mar 30th 3 PM PDT (10 PM UTC)
NEW END DATE: Monday April 2nd 3PM PDT (10PM UTC)

NEW! 3 Flavors of Faction Play
Earn your Lucky Charms in any of the following 3 sub-phases.

Phase 1: IS vs Clan
Standard Faction play - Lucky Charms event
End Time = Monday, Mar 26th 3 PM PDT (10 PM UTC)

- no additional Loot bags-
- IS vs IS gameplay with faction themed rewards -
Start Time = Monday, Mar 26th 3 PM PDT (10 PM UTC)
End Time = Wednesday, Mar 28th 3 PM PDT (10 PM UTC)

- no additional Loot bags -
- Clan vs Clan gameplay with faction themed rewards -
Start Time = Wednesday,, Mar 28th 3 PM PDT (10 PM UTC)

LUCKY CHARMS PHASE 2 FACTION PLAY
LOOT BAG REDEMPTION, BONUS LOOT BAGS, AND PICK A PRIZE IS HERE
Redeem your Loot Bags Based on the Faction Play Challenge Progress
Redeem your Bonus Loot Bags Based on Pre-Order Ownership
Select your Pick a Prize

(Sun Spider Tartan Pattern added to the Pick a Prize Redeem pool!)

Faction Play = 100 Loot Bags
  • A minimum Match score of 50 = 1 loot bag to a Maximum of 50 matches = 50 loot bags
  • A minimum Match score of 100 = 1 loot bag to a Maximum of 50 matches = 50 loot bags
Bonus Loot Bags = 50 Loot Bags
  • Own a Solaris Pack and Receive 25 Bonus Loot Bags
  • Own any level of Flea and Receive 25 Bonus Loot Bags
Pick a Prize - Unlock the Tartan Camo for your Choice of Mech
  • at 100 Loot Bags Select a Mech Chassis for which to unlock the Tartan Camo (every mech up to the Sun Spider)
  • Be careful when selecting your Pick a Prize. Customer Support will not be able to change or exchange your choice.

"Worth Their Weight in Gold" Sale:

Mech Pack Sale 30% off Available on the website and in the Gift Store!

Clan IIC Heroes, Clan Heroes II, Civil War, Resistance Heroes, Javelin,
Roughneck, Assassin, SuperNova, Clan Heroes, Bushwacker, Marauder IIC,
Linebacker, Huntsman, Night Gyr, Cyclops, Viper, Phoenix Hawk, Kodiak,
Archer, Rifleman, Warhammer, Marauder, Origins IIC, Resistance II
UrbanMech, Clan Wave III, Resistance, Clan Wave II, Clans

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

I sense a disturbance in the scouting queue... like millions dozens of souls crying out, and then silenced by streaks.

#3 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hey Folks, Let me know if this setup works for you! or if you have any questions post them here and I will pop in to answer them.
I'm feeling like this event is at least a 9/10 on the D V Devnull Event Rating System.

#4 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

Clan Wolf-In Exile would most certainly back the Nova Cats over the Steel Vipers, so I will prepare my dropdeck accordingly.

Edited by Conner Ward, 22 March 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#5 Metachanic

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

Will there be multiple queues available? For instance, can Kuritan loyalist units continue to drop vs. Clans during the Davion vs. Steiner and Steel Viper vs. Nova Cat phases?

#6 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Clan Nova Cay? Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:05 PM

fixed

#8 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 March 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Hey Folks, Let me know if this setup works for you! or if you have any questions post them here and I will pop in to answer them.
I'm feeling like this event is at least a 9/10 on the D V Devnull Event Rating System.

Hi there, Matt! I am indeed sitting here with a few thoughts & questions for you...
  • Thank you for fixing the whole "Steel Viper vs Nova Cay" misspelling into "Steel Viper vs Nova Cat" while I was typing this post. I was really confused about that!
  • In regard to 'Clan vs. Clan' and 'I.S. vs. I.S.', if someone in one of those four particular Factions starts a Group, can you be joined in under them to a battle if you're not one of those Factions, and still earn toward the Alternate Event Meters? Or are 'Ghost Bear'/'Smoke Jaguar'/'Clan Wolf'/'Jade Falcon'/'House Liao'/'House Marik'/'House Kurita'/'Free Rasalhague' all being left completely out of those?
  • I noticed the Announcement shows the Correct 50/100 Match Scores for the Loot Bags, but the FP L.B.T. (Loot Bag Tournament) Page shows what appear to be the 100/150 for Quick Play. I'm guessing the FP L.B.T. Page needs a slight edit for consistency?
  • EDIT -- By the way, "Scouting" Mode is still allowed, right? I can smell a lot of angry people if it's not...
...but other than that, I really like these Loot Bag Events with included Pick-A-Prize Rewards. So far, I'm smelling an already effective "10/10" off the bat... However, if it's indeed possible for people in Other Factions to increase their earning just by jumping in with a Group Leader from one of the Selected Factions going to the Alternate Queue Battles, that would blow the lid off with a "Rating > 10" value. :D

~Mr. D. V. "Speak of me, and I shall be summoned... Keep the awesome coming!" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 22 March 2018 - 12:11 PM.

#9 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

You may want to fix the days of the week, too. Posted Image

23rd = Friday
26th = Monday
28th = Wednesday
30th = Friday

But thanks for the events! They are what makes me keep coming back to this game.

#10 Tekhenu

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:19 PM

Just a quick question; do merc contracts for the factions count? Or do you have to be loyalists to qualify for the Davion / Steiner and Steel Viper / Nova Cay rewards?

Thanks.

Tek.

#11 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:23 PM

If people finish the 100 loot bag faction play event, they should all receive a free locust . You know for reason's. Nothing wrong with trolling your whole community.
Pluss, fun little mech, even tho I dont own one. Please dont judge me. Bruno O/

#12 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 March 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

The only comment I have is that you set it up so that there is no real point to having a 50 match score threshold...the event still requires people to achieve 100 match score loot bags the exact same number of times as they achieve 50 match score loot bags to finish the event. You may as well have just kept it simpler with 'two loot bags for every 100 match score achieved.' Nobody's going to attempt to get less than 100 match score, and nobody's going to hit their 50 loot bags for 50 match score and call it quits if they had a few bad matches where they didn't hit 100 match score.

You may not want to have one loot bag for EVERY 50 match score achieved per match, (I can tell that request will be in here somewhere) but...c'mon, what's the point of giving people half of the reward for a match when they're still going to have to add another entire match to get the 100 score? If you want the 50s to count for something, make the overall requirement a flat 100 loot bags required from either the first 50 or the second 50, not fifty bags from each category...so if someone scores a 98 and a 95, they don't have to do two more matches, just potentially one.

#13 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

View PostTekhenu, on 22 March 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Just a quick question; do merc contracts for the factions count? Or do you have to be loyalists to qualify for the Davion / Steiner and Steel Viper / Nova Cay rewards? Thanks. Tek.

I think you have to be aligned but if you break your contracts there is no punishment and no cool down period.

#14 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 March 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

I think you have to be aligned but if you break your contracts there is no punishment and no cool down period.

If you want to return to being a loyalist, there is still the 10 game probation period.

#15 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

Matt, can you put the decal and all cockpit items for Davion, Steiner, Steel Viper, and Nova Cat on sale also?

#16 Tekhenu

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 March 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Thanks, I had forgotten about the changes to the contract breaking penalties and times.

Looking forward to the event.

Tek.

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

Heh... Matt Newman's been sneaking around fixing more things while I wasn't looking. I think he also covered my other standing question up above. My thanks to him, albeit that I'm going to have to "Faction Hop" in order to get stuff which I want. :D

It does leave me wondering, however... Why have the Contract Bonuses been removed all around? :o

~D. V. "I suspected I would have to tap into some of the Feature Changes soon enough..." Devnull

#18 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

While I'm not big on FP, this event looks good. I like the IS on IS and Clan on Clan potential.

And I may do some scouting, some.

Edited by Mikayshen, 22 March 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#19 elDraco86

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

question. will the hero and reinforcements add-ons for the mech packs also be 30% off or what? i understand the standard and collector pack will be 30% off just curious about the add-ons.

#20 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

Good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users