5 replies to this topic

#1 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

Not much of a techy - but my thought is:

Currently - 2 teams of up to 12. Sometimes, on our own time and in our own unit, we try to break up these 2 teams into smaller teams; maybe 4 teams of 6, or 6 teams of 4, or 3 teams of 8, or 12 teams of 2. WHATEVER HAVE YOU. The current main issue is that IF the "actual" team 1 destroys all of team 2, the round ends prematurely and it is all done.

Couldn't there be a quick and easy setting to make the team number higher than 2 and say ....on a lance level of color coded teams of up to 6 teams of 4 as independent lances?

"Full teams: NO" is already a thing, is this possible in order to run a battle royale in private groups?

Thanks in advance - and if this has been mentioned already in the past, I wouldn't mind just being linked to its thread. Cheers!

Blood

Edited by BloodEagle2985, 24 March 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#2 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:53 AM

It's been a while since last we tried, but I ran a few events for -SC- a few years back based on the Clan Trial of Position Grand Melee.

We had 22 competitors & 2 judges (one per team so that if, by some chance, the last two competitors were on the same team, the game wouldn't end before they could do the deed). It worked as well as it could & was a metric tonne of fun.

I don't believe there is a better alternative to this at present, but man did we have fun anyway. Would love to have the chance to do it properly.

#3 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Zimm - thanks so much for this - i will relay this to our guys just to simply use "for now." - HOPEFULLY - for now. ;-)

#4 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

No worries, hope you have fun!

We played on the old Caustic Valley in the Caldera, but there are plenty of great options now a days.

If I can make a suggestion? Record it. I couldn't at the time due to low spec PC, but I wish we had!

#5 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:56 PM

We have in house recorders - also, apparently this was already a known thing amongst a lot of the older heads - they already do it this way but still find it to be a pain in the *** in most instances.

#6 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:10 AM

It ain't perfect for sure. But. If the real thing (no teams battle royale) is only a little bit more fun than this work around... I'd play it 😊
Then again, some of it may the company too!

It ain't perfect for sure. But. If the real thing (no teams battle royale) is only a little bit more fun than this work around... I'd play it 😊
Then again, some of it may be the company too!

Then again, some of it may be the company too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users