6 replies to this topic

#1 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

https://www.gamesrad...es-their-story/

I remember seeing these when I was younger, I never had the opportunity to try one though :(

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Fun times. Either drove 7 hours or caught a flight for a weekend trip. One summer week I had taken my nephew to Dallas. Each day we did something different, Six Flags, VW and something else (I really do not remember what we did that day). On the 4th day I gave him a choice of what he would like to do. He picked VW and I was not unhappy about that decision (boys never really grow up, their toys simply become more expensive.....) Spent most of the day there, taking a few breaks to eat and such (chuckles).

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 April 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#3 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

My friends and I would go to the chicago location if we had money while we were riding our bikes by the lake/navy pier from about 1995 till they closed.

Funnily enough, it's what cemented my like of light mechs. Used to get warned to stay behind the yellow line or i was getting what equated to a locust. (I wanna say they called it the drone, but it was fast, undergunned, and REALLY pissed people off if you did well in it.) Back before the rounded Tesla pods.

#4 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

I remember watching that program

a friend and I would say it would be cool to get to La Vegas to check it out

the $5 a game seemed very expensive back then

#5 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

I saw the last days something on Facebook bout Tesla pods, dont understabd what they post because french but seems to be a new project with the old pods. hmm Hangar 51 montreal or,so ah got it:

https://www.facebook.com/hangar51mtl/

#6 AAApone

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

If you live in Houston there is a recent startup that has been collecting the pods for a while and now has 18 of them setup for weekend play. $25 per person for unlimited free play from 6pm to 12am saturdays and sometime fridays. www.mechcorps.com

#7 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostAAApone, on 29 April 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

If you live in Houston there is a recent startup that has been collecting the pods for a while and now has 18 of them setup for weekend play. $25 per person for unlimited free play from 6pm to 12am saturdays and sometime fridays. www.mechcorps.com

Jesus H. Christ I'm so jealous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users