greetings! i hope somebody can help me.

the following is my current setup.

emaxx-a70fm2+ icafe mobo
palit geoforce gtx1050
8gb ram
AMD a4-7300 proc
500gb hdd
windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
DSL internet (via ookla = ping: 30m/s, dl: 3.61mbs, ul: 0.78mbs; [ikr? 3rd world problems ;)]

MWO gives me an avg ping of around 300m/s across eu and n.a. servers. much better when oceanic was in singapore i get less than 100m/s, not anymore though now that its in au. now its an avg. of 300m/s across all the servers. its alright as long as i don't get too close to the enemy. when they do then that's when they start "teleporting" and hard for me to hit. :)

with this setup the game runs. not optimally but it runs.

last december 2017, i decided to upgrade my proc to an amd a8-7650k to maybe improve performance. marginally it did! -- for awhile.

then i started getting disconnected a lot. i will queue up for a game get accepted then just as the game was about to go to the team lobby i will get DC'ed. sometimes, i will manage to get back on but often i won't. suffice it to say i racked up quite a lengthy time in the penalty box because of it.

now its worse however, i can only go to the opening screen after login BUT i'm somehow not connected to the server. i cannot save. i cannot see events. sometimes, it doesn't even load mechs i have. if i mouse over the QP button, all servers are at 0%.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. i even went to the extreme of reformatting my pc to no avail. the only solution i found is reinstalling my old proc -- amd a4 7300.

i'm curious as to why this is happening?

i know, people will say get a new intel powered pc but it is not possible at this time for me. i am hoping somebody from the gaming dev industry can help me.

thank you in advance.

Edited by scabberooni, 25 March 2018 - 04:04 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:48 PM

Are you overclocking? That can be a big problem with AMD for this game, or so I hear. (I don't have a system to test with)

#3 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 25 March 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Are you overclocking? That can be a big problem with AMD for this game, or so I hear. (I don't have a system to test with)

no sir, not the proc. but come to think of it, i do overclock the gpu using the provided software (thundermaster). i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

#4 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

That very well could be causing it. If it's not, I can't help you, but you might want to look into some of the custom settings for cryengine that some people are using, as there was mention of one setting helping with AMD based processor issues.

Also possibly relevant... https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6047875

#5 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:21 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 26 March 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

That very well could be causing it. If it's not, I can't help you, but you might want to look into some of the custom settings for cryengine that some people are using, as there was mention of one setting helping with AMD based processor issues.

Also possibly relevant... https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6047875

thank you for your help sir. i'll update this post as soon as i tried the settings.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

Before using a custom config, run the GPU with base settings.

Also, what PSU is being used and how old is it? And what BIOS for the motherboard and is it running the newest bios avail for it?

#7 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:24 AM

the 1050's dont tend to have much room for overclocking .... if, like the majority, it does not have an additional power connector, then the factory configuration is probably right on the line ... potentially over it ...

as for the processor, the 'newer' one should perform better, on all fronts, the A4-7300 is dual core, and the A8-7850K is a quad core .... both have integrated graphics, and the A8 one is much better .... neither of them is 'really' good enough to play games on ... you did plug the monitor into the nvidia 1050, and not the back of the motherboard, right ? ... if thats in the right place, then you'll probably want to check the game log file, called 'Omicron.log', generally located under the 'Saved games' directory within your user home directory .... a couple of screens down, it logs the 'video adapters' available, and which one it decided to go with .... having it pick the wrong option here will probably cause all the things you describe above ...

the a8-7650k processor should have some overclocking headroom ... depending on cooling setup and air temp etc .... in theory having as much to gain as slapping an extra cpu core in there ... potential is not the same as guaranteed ... but when you exhaust all other options, its probably an avenue worth looking into .... I believe theres an overclocking menu in the bios ... but its hard to be certain after a couple of google translates, and the manufacturer keeps the manual on onedrive ... puke ... you could probably push it past 4ghz per core .... but you'll have to lean on it pretty heavily to make it do it ... but it should be faster than the previous gen FX processors ....

#8 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:30 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 26 March 2018 - 03:24 AM, said:

the 1050's dont tend to have much room for overclocking .... if, like the majority, it does not have an additional power connector, then the factory configuration is probably right on the line ... potentially over it ...

as for the processor, the 'newer' one should perform better, on all fronts, the A4-7300 is dual core, and the A8-7850K is a quad core .... both have integrated graphics, and the A8 one is much better .... neither of them is 'really' good enough to play games on ... you did plug the monitor into the nvidia 1050, and not the back of the motherboard, right ? ... if thats in the right place, then you'll probably want to check the game log file, called 'Omicron.log', generally located under the 'Saved games' directory within your user home directory .... a couple of screens down, it logs the 'video adapters' available, and which one it decided to go with .... having it pick the wrong option here will probably cause all the things you describe above ...

the a8-7650k processor should have some overclocking headroom ... depending on cooling setup and air temp etc .... in theory having as much to gain as slapping an extra cpu core in there ... potential is not the same as guaranteed ... but when you exhaust all other options, its probably an avenue worth looking into .... I believe theres an overclocking menu in the bios ... but its hard to be certain after a couple of google translates, and the manufacturer keeps the manual on onedrive ... puke ... you could probably push it past 4ghz per core .... but you'll have to lean on it pretty heavily to make it do it ... but it should be faster than the previous gen FX processors ....

yes sir. i did plug the monitor in the right place. thank you for your answer. i will look into your suggestions and update my post accordingly.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 26 March 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

Before using a custom config, run the GPU with base settings.

Also, what PSU is being used and how old is it? And what BIOS for the motherboard and is it running the newest bios avail for it?

PSU i'm not familiar on the brand or spec. i think its a generic one (if there's such a thing). as for how old the PC build, its barely 2 years old, sir. thank you for your answer.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Open up the side panel. There should be a label on the PSU that should provide the information needed... Or else is this a mfg system (premade)? If so the brand/model of the system.

#10 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 26 March 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Open up the side panel. There should be a label on the PSU that should provide the information needed... Or else is this a mfg system (premade)? If so the brand/model of the system.

hello sir, this is what i found when i removed the side panel.

PSU model: xtyle 600w
jm/model p4 600w

ac input: 230v
current: 7a/4a
freq: 50-60khz

update:
i tried using the default setting on the GPU to check if it will solve the problem. sadly, it hasn't.

i'm also running the game on steam. i am currently downloading the stand alone program to see if it will make any difference. will update as soon as i finish downloading. it will take time on my dsl speed. :(

#11 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

update:

hopefully this will be the last. with the new solaris 7 patch. the amd a8-7650k is working fine. for how long? i do not know. i'm here enjoying it while it lasts! the graphics are much better and so is the gameplay. :)

#12 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:31 AM

update:

well 22 days later and the "bug" is back. the game won't let me login. sometime it would let me but i can't save my mech or if i try a game i would be booted out with no chance of getting back into the game in time. well it was fun while it lasted at least i have battletech now to keep me entertained.

#13 scabberooni

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

final update:

changed the mobo from emaxx to gigabyte and the difference is night and day. even my bandwith improved a bit.

ergo, the problem was the emaxx mobo.

hope this helps someone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users