2 replies to this topic

#1 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Would you plz drop map's temperature somewhere like +20C for sometime, so this would come up to play. I'm getting bored to have 90% of matches on Grim Portico, Frozen City, Polar Lurmlands etc "cold" maps.

#2 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:24 AM

Whine topic...
1rst why posting this on map feedback and especially Terra Therma? You signal nothing about this map.
2nd I think your data was not clear its just how you feel it. (cause tourmaline, river, rubelitte drop quite often)
3rd think you have voted and one day with you x10 multiplier you are gonna to get your hot map.

Edited by Uan Harox, 26 March 2018 - 02:34 AM.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 26 March 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

Would you plz drop map's temperature somewhere like +20C for sometime, so this would come up to play. I'm getting bored to have 90% of matches on Grim Portico, Frozen City, Polar Lurmlands etc "cold" maps.

Hot maps can be fun. However, it is not the hot maps fault that everyone tends to want to play "without penalties".

This is like playing MW3/4 with other players, and trying to find a server that was running with ammo and heat turned on. Everyone ran their servers with heat and ammo turned off, because "it was easier".

Some people see penalties where they are not. In this case, they see "heat penalties" instead of map variety. And then same said people will complain about small map selection, even though they ignore half the maps because of "this penalty".

For example, Polar Highlands gets labeled (incorrectly) as being penalized with no cover. (There is plenty of cover, if you know how to use it and where to look.) Instead of seeing it as a challenge, it's a penalty.
Or Alpine Peak, and "that boring hill". There are plenty of other places to fight, and several of them can be very interesting to go to. Such as the other hill in I11-13... Instead it becomes a "oops, I've been penalized for dropping on the wrong side of the map".
Terra Therma is "too hot" (even though Tourmaline is hotter on average) and it's just a heat pen. Instead of alphaing three times, suddenly I can only do it twice! (Then... build cooler running mechs maybe?)
Etc.

I could go on with how people negatively view every map in the game. It's not a challenge to play those maps and about building a mech that can fight anywhere. It's a penalty to them personally instead, and they don't have to consider changing their builds or learning other skills to overcome the challenge of those maps. Instead of becoming better players, people all too often will just complain about it and try to avoid it at all costs. (Some people even use to disconnect if a hated map came up... till the disconnect penalty was added in.)

Personally, I don't like HPG and Crimson Straights. They are too commonly played (yes, that is one of my reasons), as well as each have LRM umbrellas. People vote for the maps for their LRM protection, but then decry LRMs as bad weapons... If they are so bad, why do you vote for the maps that have good protection from them? (FYI: I have long since learned to be able to LRM even on those maps. It's very tricky to do so, but a lot of fun. I also never boat, so if I'm in a poor LRM position, I still have plenty of direct fire weapons to over come that weakness. All while running builds that can withstand the heat from the hot maps and be able to contribute in brawling situations. You know, made builds and developed skills that can over come the challenges of the map...)

However, with all that said, you are unlikely to change the masses opinion and view point. I still think caving into them would be a bad idea...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users