Can We Not Drop With Blocked Players Please?

42 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:11 PM

Dear PGI,. can you please adjust the MatchMaker so that the players in our Block List can only be placed on the enemy team?

I think that would solve a lot of TK issues..

Some people seem to think it's ok to shoot and kill their teammates if they don't adhere to their high and mighty standards and choose to block them so as not to hear and see their bile while trying to enjoy a videogame.

If such blocked people can only be placed on the enemy team, then it makes it legal for us to shoot and kill them..

And as far as FP goes, please just don't place us on the same team? I know we're a small playerbase, but it's really detrimental to everyone when such people act up, and no matter how many slaps on the wrist they get from support (if any), the other 10 players will inherently suffer.

Because such people will force players they have a beef with to either die, kill them, or disconnect.. In either case, the team will suffer.. so let's avoid it all together by not placing us on the same team.

In real life, if you can't stand somebody, you don't keep their company. Why are we forced to play with them then?

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

This thread is going to go far, I can already tell

#3 Cyzxxikz

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

While I have a very small block list and haven't had any issues..I wholeheartedly support this, it just makes sense

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostCyzxxikz, on 26 March 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

While I have a very small block list and haven't had any issues..I wholeheartedly support this, it just makes sense

#5 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Oh, that's great idea. I'd block OP for being useles lurm lover, and that guy in ERLL raven, and then I win all the games. 10/10

#6 Cyzxxikz

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 27 March 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Oh, that's great idea. I'd block OP for being useles lurm lover, and that guy in ERLL raven, and then I win all the games. 10/10

You do bring up a good point, perhaps a reasonably size limit to the block list and an unlimited ignore list, or only being able to do it to people who do 100+ team damage to you?

#7 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:39 AM

View PostCyzxxikz, on 27 March 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

You do bring up a good point, perhaps a reasonably size limit to the block list and an unlimited ignore list, or only being able to do it to people who do 100+ team damage to you?

Not getting on one side with teamkillers can actually be solved by punishing those who teamkill on a regular basis. Emphasis on the word regular. We all have bad days, losing streaks, misplaced airstrikes, and whatnot.

Adding more rules to already struggling matchmaker is not a proper way to address it, and PGI is not gonna do it just because you dont like that particular guy.

#8 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

View PostCyzxxikz, on 27 March 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Even if he does not do it in a polite manner, yeah he definitely does.

#9 Villainy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSomewhere there is Ramen

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:46 AM

This is the THIRD time you've mentioned "SOMEONE TK'D ME FOR HAVING LRMS" on the forums in like four hours. We get it. You got killed for a ******** reason. That sucks. I'm sorry.

Now pack up your little pity party and play the damned mech game.

#10 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

No, not even world of tanks does this and the reason is pretty simple. You will make it impossible for you or anyone else to get a match if you implement this.

'but it's only 100 people' I hear you say. Here's the problem with that. Every person can block 100 people, a 100 potentially different people for 100 different reasons. Now you've suddenly created a million buckets and the matchmaker will never ever be able to create a match. It's even worse if you consider that the same people tend to play the same times and run into each other more often than not. Even a game with many times the player base as MWO like WoT will never implement something like this. The most they've done is the people you put on your black list shows up muted in your game. That might be worth asking for, I guess.

#11 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:02 AM

I want to block all Inner Sphere players from my FP matches, please, thank you very much.

#12 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

If I could do this, I'd quickly make a list of frequent 'bad teammates' that I don't want on my team, which would drastically increase my odds of winning battles in the long run.

And you can bet most other players would use the system for that purpose too, instead of just filtering TKers.

Edited by Zergling, 27 March 2018 - 01:08 AM.

#13 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:27 AM

View PostZergling, on 27 March 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

If I could do this, I'd quickly make a list of frequent 'bad teammates' that I don't want on my team, which would drastically increase my odds of winning battles in the long run.

And you can bet most other players would use the system for that purpose too, instead of just filtering TKers.

Or even better, filter out the top players, that way you only have to play with potatoes on both sides and your stats will go up noticeably. At least that's what I'd do.

Problem with that obviously is that half the potato will do the same thing, inclduing filter out me.

So who would I play against exactly? A third of the good players will be filtering out potatoes, other third other good players, same with the potatoes. and then you'd have the last third of each filtering out randoms/people they don't like/people who use VOIP/TKs/LURMs/etc.

Bam MM can't find 24 people who don't have someone blocked.

#14 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:44 AM

Can I block all Davions from my team please? Win rate over 9000.

#15 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

Can I block all players not running STD-60 Urbies?

#16 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

Sure. Can I get a memberlist of EMP please?

This community.... Putting not even half a thought into things...

Edit: To mention it, Overwatch did this. Hanzo mains didn't get into games anymore. You can take this as you want lol.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 27 March 2018 - 01:58 AM.

#17 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

View PostForceUser, on 27 March 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Or even better, filter out the top players, that way you only have to play with potatoes on both sides and your stats will go up noticeably. At least that's what I'd do.

Nice, haven't thought about that application.

#18 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:18 AM

Only if they increase the block list size to, say, 19,000 entries.

View PostVillainy, on 27 March 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

This is the THIRD time you've mentioned "SOMEONE TK'D ME FOR HAVING LRMS" on the forums in like four hours.

OPs been bringing LRMs into scouting, hasn't he?

#19 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:42 AM

View PostBombast, on 27 March 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

Only if they increase the block list size to, say, 19,000 entries.

OPs been bringing LRMs into scouting, hasn't he?

He is a LRM aficionado after all

#20 Villainy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSomewhere there is Ramen

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:54 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 28 March 2018 - 11:57 AM.
griefing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users