Pakhet Vs Mishapshu Clan Hero Options

12 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

I need a 45-50 ton mobile Hero Medium Omnimech for QP but especially FP. The Shadowcat option has ECM, the Huntsman does not. Which would you choose?

#2 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

What do you like better - lights or assaults?
The Shadow Cat is agile, jumpy, and dodgy, but a tad light on firepower.
The Huntsman packs major firepower, but is slow to turn and accelerate.

I prefer the Shadow Cat.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 27 March 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 27 March 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

What do you like better - lights or assaults?
The Shadow Cat is agile, jumpy, and dodgy, but a tad light on firepower.
The Huntsman packs major firepower, but is slow to turn and accelerate.

I prefer the Shadow Cat.

The Shadow Cat has ECM and is 45 tons. My Drop Deck could be Shadow Cat,Kit Fox,Linebacker Redline, and a Direwolf UV. All Heroes and all Omnimechs.

I have not made my decision. I think Jonathan 8883 for their thoughtful input.

#4 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 27 March 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

I need a 45-50 ton mobile Hero Medium Omnimech for QP but especially FP. The Shadowcat option has ECM, the Huntsman does not. Which would you choose?

I see a lot more Huntsmen than I do Shadowcats in fp, at least in scouting.

Good hunting,
CFC conky

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 27 March 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

I see a lot more Huntsmen than I do Shadowcats in fp, at least in scouting.

Good hunting,
CFC conky

I have played 2 Invasion mode games. I am yet to play Scouting. Today's event precluded FP play for me.

#6 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

The SHC Hero mech offers nothing special other than a RA omnipod with a ballistic+energy hardpoint, whereas the HMN Hero mech offers ST omnipods with two missile hardpoints. It would be better to buy the HMN hero. Besides you can make a really big splatboat on the Pakhet.

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

For faction play drop decks I run 3 Hellbringers and a 45 ton mech which used to be a Shadow Cat but I've swapped over to an Ice Ferret now. 45 Tonners fit very well with drop decks for clan side due to being able to stack as many 65 tonners as possible with them. That said the Pahket is the better mech and offers omnipods that allow you to bring 8 missiles on a Huntsman, which can be used for some somewhat interesting SRM splat builds, though their usefulness has fallen off significantly with the SRM spread nerfs.

#8 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 27 March 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

For faction play drop decks I run 3 Hellbringers and a 45 ton mech which used to be a Shadow Cat but I've swapped over to an Ice Ferret now. 45 Tonners fit very well with drop decks for clan side due to being able to stack as many 65 tonners as possible with them. That said the Pahket is the better mech and offers omnipods that allow you to bring 8 missiles on a Huntsman, which can be used for some somewhat interesting SRM splat builds, though their usefulness has fallen off significantly with the SRM spread nerfs.

I would run an ACW over an IFR any day even if that means not bringing maximum tonnage. IFRs are really lacklustre mechs that are barely played and bringing a splatwolf would be more optimal against IS lights.
SRMs spread can be mitigated by engaging in closer ranges before unleashing a 96point alpha.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 27 March 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I would run an ACW over an IFR any day even if that means not bringing maximum tonnage. IFRs are really lacklustre mechs that are barely played and bringing a splatwolf would be more optimal against IS lights.
SRMs spread can be mitigated by engaging in closer ranges before unleashing a 96point alpha.

The point of the Ice Ferret is kiting and poking at range due to its high speed, above average durability, and 400+m range with 5 ERML and ECM or 6 ERML and no ECM. An ACW would be somewhat irrelevant for this role, as it can't kite anything due to the short range.

#10 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:16 AM

For FP scouting: Get the Huntsman - scouting requires a brawly mech, something the huntsman excells at. Most commonly run with SRM or streaks.

The huntsman hero has ST missile hardpoints which can be combined with the missile arms from other variants for 8 missile hardpoints.

(Alternatives would be a Stormcrow or Nova)

For FP invasion: Schadow Cat can nicely fill the last slot of the heavy/heavy/heavy/medium dropdecks when e.g. all heavies are 65t. The Cat is a bit squishy, but fast and agile. Most commonly runs 2 HLL or 2 ERLL or 2 ERPPC.

Mishipeshu allows you to trade some heatsinks for 4MGs (using SHC-MI arm and SHC-P arm).
You could also forgo ECM and run 7 MGs (using SHC-P torso).
(other SHCs can only mount 2 E and 6 MGs - or 1 E and 7 MGs)

Doesn't mean the Huntsman can't be used in invasion - it can make for a mean last drop if you can spare the tonnage (e.g. HBR/HBR/MDD/HMN).

Edited by Exilyth, 28 March 2018 - 04:19 AM.

#11 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:21 AM

I would like to run my Highlander llC Keeper, Linebacker Redline, KitFox Purifier, so it looks like the Huntsman Pakhet would fit nicely.

Another drop deck Orion llC Skool, Hellbringer Hero,Huntsman Pakhet,Shadow Cat Hero.

#12 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:38 AM

Shadow Cat is no a bad mech, but Pahket is at the moment the best clan mech for scouting and anything that involves brawling.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostBrizna, on 28 March 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

Shadow Cat is no a bad mech, but Pahket is at the moment the best clan mech for scouting and anything that involves brawling.

Good to know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users